Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RPG Codex Interview: Chris Avellone on Pillars Cut Content, Game Development Hierarchies and More

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Absinthe

Arcane
Thats just an assumption, though. Its probably true but how would you know?
Years ago, they did a video or shit making spoof positive reviews for their own game with names slightly altered from actual review sites and "pen & paper codex" was listed there. Considering how niche the Codex is, the fact that they gave a damn about the Codex's opinion suggests they must be reading the Codex themselves.

Last edited:

Bohr

Arcane
Now that we have another dev here, mind answering some important questions HugeNick?

What is your favourite 80s tv show?

Jazz_

Arcane
Btw who had the idea at Obsidian that having a bunch of roman legionary larpers as faction was a good idea?
That faction was unbelievably silly and something you'd expect out of a Bethesda's Fallout for how simplistic, superficial and overall derpy it was.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Now that we have another dev here, mind answering some important questions HugeNick?

What is your favourite 80s tv show?

Sorry, TV didn't exist to me before Joss Whedon made Buffy The Vampire Slayer and started the trend for strong female characters in mainstream media.

HugeNick, have you played AoD?

Why would I play a game made by a raging sexist? Is there even one female in that entire game?

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
So just to get this out of the way, here is my short developer bio.

I'm a lifelong gamer and a lover of classic RPGs.

My favorite game is obviously Fallout. I still remember it like it was today. The post-apocalyptic world was so captivating, so extravagant, so bold. It felt real and dangerous and alive. And it was brimming with creativity. The story of my missing father captured me from the start, and the first person-shooter gameplay was just a joy.

The other favorite games of mine would be Gone Home and Zoe Quinn's Depression Quest.

My position at Obsidian is that of an Ideological Officer. It's my job to maintain the quota of pink hair vs. normal hair and to make sure all of our games are up to standards of ideological purity.

Occasionally I get tasked to keep everyone distracted while Feargus and Chris Jones are doing cocaine off Tina Parker's butt. But that doesn't happen more than twice a day.

Cael

Arcane

My favorite game is obviously Fallout. I still remember it like it was today. The post-apocalyptic world was so captivating, so extravagant, so bold. It felt real and dangerous and alive. And it was brimming with creativity. The story of my missing father captured me from the start, and the first person-shooter gameplay was just a joy.

The other favorite games of mine would be Gone Home and Zoe Quinn's Depression Quest.

My position at Obsidian is that of an Ideological Officer. It's my job to maintain the quota of pink hair vs. normal hair and to make sure all of our games are up to standards of ideological purity.

Occasionally I get tasked to keep everyone distracted while Feargus and Chris Jones are doing cocaine off Tina Parker's butt. But that doesn't happen more than twice a day.
Chief: That's it. Arrest him for assault with a deadly weapon with intent to cause grievous mental harm. One count for every person who read that post. Also, one count of assaulting a police officer with intent for every member of the police force that read that post.

Assistant: We can't, sir. Every constable we have has been lobotomised by that... *starts drooling*

Archibald

Arcane
I'm officially retarded, spent two days reading entire thread and did absolutely nothing for my day job. But sacrifices have to be made, especially for such high quality thread.

I hope that someone will make a newspost later about all this collecting questions/answers, because I feel like I'm already starting to forget how this thing even started.

deepfire

Literate
I'm officially retarded, spent two days reading entire thread and did absolutely nothing for my day job. But sacrifices have to be made, especially for such high quality thread.

I hope that someone will make a newspost later about all this collecting questions/answers, because I feel like I'm already starting to forget how this thing even started.

Can you imagine what this thread made to productivity behind the Obsidian walls?

deepfire

Literate

Not a newspost, but the answers are collected:

So, I had nothing to do and decided to compile all questions and answers in a google doc: CLICK ME

Enjoy

:brodex:

Document updated :salute:

Thank you TT1!

Durandal

Arcane
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
You can extrapolate how many new posts are MCA posts by the (amount of new posts-time since last read post in minutes) ratio.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9301I met Tapatalk

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.

That's some fairly fantastic trolling right there. Hats off to you on making the twist halfway subtle!
:cainapproves:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom