Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Released

Kz3r0

Arcane
Infinitron Please can you tell me how reliable is Steamspy nowadays?

Mortmal

Arcane
Obsidian is finished and good riddance.

I thought ur stance was that Obshitian is the best company ever from the virtue of JES being employed there?

What happened?

PS: Poo for Eternity Dumpster Fart is a horrible abomination of bugs, dull writing and inanity. And I hope Obsidian goes bankrupt soon with FagAss CuckHard being enriched by the diversity in prison.

EDIT:
Infinitron You are a shameless cocksucking whore. So you returned to rating posts, which are critical of Obshitian iNXile Larian etc, to shit after the passive-aggressive creative rating. When will you go back to retarded ratings?

No point to get angry man, it's apparently not worth it to rage about this game let alone play it. Take this codex member, i blurred his name to preserve his private life so you cant possibly know who he is, but he dont seems hooked by the game:

UVavOVx.png

Zanzoken

Arcane
Obsidian isn't getting any of my shekels unless Roxor gives a good review.

And lmao at $50 for this. See ya in a year when it's 60% off.

Diggfinger

Arcane
PoE GRIMOIRE is such a complex and deep game, character development is insane and only a few fully understand it.
play it for around 4800hrs and you will still feel like a scrub.
the developers releases new updates all the time (except a manual, those are for pussies anyway).
best game ever.
LONG LIVE THE NEANDERTHAL!
(PS: babies can fly)

why someone would play any other game ever created in the history of mankind Pillars of Eternity instead of Grimoire PoE is beyond me.

Fixed it. You're welcome

Last edited:

Lycra Suit

Prophet
Possibly Retarded
Will be interesting to see whether game news sites' reviews still hold sway with Joe Commonman. After TTON there were a lot of signs that their audience is mostly industry insiders and super-fans these days, and the mainstream audience gets their opinion from the vibe = steam reviews and youtubers.

Divinity II already confirmed that the 2 million bar is very hard to reach even with reviews sites praising your games to high heaven. These days if you want to be a sensation you need to pay Pewdiepie or those fortnite streamers to play your game and pretend they're having the fun of their life dicking around with the game mechanisms and trying to start memes instead of completing the objectives.

i.Razor

Scholar
Patron
Ok. Installed and started the Deadfire. Now on each load it creates new profile category for save files.

I guess i'll just wait month or two before those balancing idiots release finished game.

Lycra Suit

Prophet
Possibly Retarded
Was the save bug for Pillars of Eternity ever fixed? I played it 2 years ago and it would still take 15 minutes to load the menu or a single save, even a new one, because the more you played the game, the slower the entire program would become. Forever.

That's some grade A programming. I wonder if Feargus' sister was the seating senior programmer on this one.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Shocking discovery: the game is playable on an Intel HD 4000 integrated graphics chip on my laptop and is running significantly faster than PoE1.
Really? I was a bit sad that my laptop apparently wouldn’t be able to run it since POE runs okish but I might give it a try
As for the Youtubers, you bet your ass they will give a review copy to George over at SBH and Angry Joe

i.Razor

Scholar
Patron
did anyone get past the boring walking on purple mist?

instantly i like the mouse cursor though. It's like an iron fist :)

Well, the game's opening premise itself is fine. It just when you're trying different characters then it became pretty boring to run through over and over.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Was the save bug for Pillars of Eternity ever fixed? I played it 2 years ago and it would still take 15 minutes to load the menu or a single save, even a new one, because the more you played the game, the slower the entire program would become. Forever.
Delete your saves.

blitzer

Novice
As anticipated, the current review score of POE2 is a bit lower than D:OS2.
So many bugs in current version and slow loading time...
no offense, bro
So far, I have played POE2 for 6 hours (Oh, I want to quit my job!! :negative:)
The melidious musics, a abundant variety of classes, interesting companion banters (especially Edér), and wonderful voice actings...
from the prologue, it almost immediately catch my eyes.
For me , at least, POE2 is more like enhanced modern version BG, so I thought POE2 is more to my liking than DOS2.
But don't get me wrong, they both are amazing CRPGs.

Last edited:

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
There are a couple of things which are simply awful:

- Description text for voices. In fact there is one instance where there is one voice describing the following voice. Honestly it is one of the most useless and annoying things I've encountered which is to read or hear text which doesn't matter at all. If someone is angry you can figure it out by hearing the voice and there is no need for such text. It's like WTF !? Waste of resources for development and time for the player.
- Genders are all over the place. Maybe this is done with intention or maybe not but there are a lot of NPCs where the portraits are clearly male and the voices/texts are for a "SHE". I ignored this shit at first but then it started to piled up. Not to mention that the head of the pirates, in fact the most powerful NPCs in this world are almost all females. This is SJW pandering of the worst kind.
- Combat is still awful. I forgot how bad it was and how much I hated the amount of retarded spells. All the fights are turning into small clusterfucks cause honestly most of the time I don't know the reason why I won or lost a fight ... I just spam the most offensive and healing spells and that's about it. It's pretty retarded as the tactical layer is reduced to find a chocking point and bait the retarded mobs to rush you.
- Looting is awful. Rarely and I do mean rarely you'll find an item which is interesting. Mostly is trash fights with trash loot.
- Frame drops. The game is doing shit in the background.

But there are a few good things:
- It looks good and I mean really good in some places.
- There are a couple of good dungeons and some multiple-choice quests.
- No more backer NPCs but still tons of useless text.

Overall it seems to be more polished than PoE1 but I'm still waiting for the main story to hook me up.

Last edited:

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Delete your saves.

Kinda defeats the purpose don't you think?

Delete or move the old saves and just keep the most current ones.

I had the same issue.

frajaq

Erudite
Some quests are really bugged

A few save import decisions are fucked too, but I expected as much from Obsidian really

Game is good

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I ignored this shit at first but then it started to piled up. Not to mention that the head of the pirates, in fact the most powerful NPCs in this world are almost all females. This is SJW pandering of the worst kind.
Some people said this about Tyranny as well, but I don't see it. I think it's just a fetish for powerful women.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I ignored this shit at first but then it started to piled up. Not to mention that the head of the pirates, in fact the most powerful NPCs in this world are almost all females. This is SJW pandering of the worst kind.
Some people said this about Tyranny as well, but I don't see it. I think it's just a fetish for powerful women.
sawyer definitely has a craving for brown sugar

Oasis

Novice
Anyone have trouble launching the game? I have an FX-8350 and a GTX 970 and when I launch the game I only get the top inch of video??? I'll assume its because I'm a noob for now. Will try re-installing later.

*-*/\--/\~

Cipher
Damn that bitch waving the lantern at everything an whining all the time is getting on my nerves, Imoen V2.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom