Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Monkeyfinger

Cipher
if you are hearing sea shanties you should see a psychiatrist because they are not in the game and you are having auditory hallucinations.

To hear the shanties you have to stay at sea for a long time without disembarking or entering ship combat.

ScrotumBroth

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
its a feature never seen before in crpgs,use diplomacy instead of violence!who had thought of that!

The key is "Kickstarter" cRPGs, in case you were replying to my post. My expectation couldn't be any lower, after all the Kickstarters, and maybe that also contributes to my enjoyment. But out of WL2, Numnum, PoE, I find this game by far the closest to the BIS games of old.

I haven't tried to right click an NPCs to see their lines without engaging in conversation in a long time, a sure sign I'm sucked in.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
if you are hearing sea shanties you should see a psychiatrist because they are not in the game and you are having auditory hallucinations.

To hear the shanties you have to stay at sea for a long time without disembarking or entering ship combat.

how long? I've sailed around for 5+ days and heard jack shit but a generic score

Kaldurenik

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
There are indeed Shanties i have no idea what triggers them as from my point of view it seem 100% random.

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
People hated companions, looks like this is pretty much a consensus. What about the sidekicks? I just got Konstanten until now.

And I am also intrigued by Fulvanos voyage. So its not in the game?

Self-Ejected

MajorMace

Self-Ejected
Patron
I'm extremely surprised by the hour count people advance for their 100% here.
But then again, several people report 30h so there's definitely some playstyle that meet this mark.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
When I met with Konstanten it said that sidekicks are people involved with a quest... but what happens if you take him with you before you even do the quest in which he is involved?

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
I think the shanties are tied to morale, and they'll only sing when morale is high.

My ship morale is never high because I'm a tightwad who forces my crew to subsist on a diet on crackers and water.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The game is no more than 30 hours gameplay for 100%
So it's a perfect length for any sane man playing it. I don't know about you, but I don't have 100 hours for a game in this day and age. I don't want it to be short, but 25-30 hours is perfect. Shadowrun also followed this rule and it was great to be able to finish it in that time. It also helps the game to not outstay its welcome.
Are you going to take this guy seriously on this? I'm nearly 15 hours in and have done two real quests and three tasks.

I'm 43 hours into the game, with maybe 1-2 hours just having it running while doing other stuff, and I still have three districts left to explore in the city. The game seems huge. My log has a healthy amount of quests, and about 60% of the main map is still undiscovered.

Jezal_k23

This is kind of funny actually. People are either reporting it to be extremely short ("finished my completionist run in 30 hours with like 2 hours afk") or extremely long ("what the fuck, I'm 30 hours into the game, just got to Nekataka"). I for one believe it impossible to do a completionist run in 30 hours, and fall into the latter group.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
I think the shanties are tied to morale, and they'll only sing when morale is high.

My ship morale is never high because I'm a tightwad who forces my crew to subsist on a diet on crackers and water.

I think that I have stated multiple times when someone with the insight of a toad says they are tied to morale that I have 100/100 morale.. but please obsidian apologists keep telling me that they only appear when morale is high when they, in fact, don't appear at all because they are not in the game.

Jezal_k23

Steam says I'm 30 hours in and I'm still not done with exploring Nekataka, and I have a lot of content left to explore in it.

Kaldurenik

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin

I think that I have stated multiple times when someone with the insight of a toad says they are tied to morale that I have 100/100 morale.. but please obsidian apologists keep telling me that they only appear when morale is high when they, in fact, don't appear at all because they are not in the game.
Well i dont know if this is important or not: But have you found the text versions of the songs? Like i said i have no idea what triggers it.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
but please obsidian apologists keep telling me that they only appear when morale is high when they, in fact, don't appear at all because they are not in the game.
I've definitely heard them singing their shanties a grand total of once, but it's likely the game is just bugged to shit and the shanties just aren't activating anymore for whatever reason. No need to have a autist fit, m8.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
I've definitely heard them singing their shanties a grand total of once, but it's likely the game is just bugged to shit and the shanties just aren't activating anymore for whatever reason. No need to have a autist fit, m8.

saying the shanties just aren't activating anymore implies they activated at all in the first place, which is impossible since they do not exist.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Are you guys doing bounties btw? They seem like filler content more than anything.

they are the same type of content as the bounties in the first game.. I do them if I am near them they are good source of gold.. I did two just by exploring before going to Neketaka and when I got there was able to accept them and then turn them in right away. Yes they are filler content, do them or don't who gives a shit?

Self-Ejected

MajorMace

Self-Ejected
Patron
Guys, I think it's time we cut it short.
Jenkem, we're messing with you dude. There are no sea shanties in the game.

Bounties aren't interesting (besides the fact they pay very, very well).

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
The shanties doesn't exist, it's all just a conspiracy.

giphy.gif

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Guys, I think it's time we cut it short.
Jenkem, we're messing with you dude. There are no sea shanties in the game.

Bounties aren't interesting besides the fact they pay very, very well.

Obsidian and RPG Codex colluded to fool you into thinking something was wrong with your game, just to watch you slip into madness and paranoia.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Self-Ejected

MajorMace

Self-Ejected
Patron
On another note, Concelhaut fight is the best damn encounter I've had in my game.
Dat little unique shield I got at the beginning (shimmer scale) turned out very handy :smug:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom