Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

E3 2018

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
Not a single interesting game....amazing!

The only possibility for something new is Bethesda.
:negative:
By new you must mean old. Falling apart at the seams old.
Bethesda is the only AAA company that do new games and take risks. The had made Dishonoured games,Pray,wolfy,evil within and nu Doom. Show me what other publisher had made that many new games. Credits where credits its due.
My first thought's still BGS and gayembryo when I see Bethesda.

KateMicucci

Arcane
Whatever. They had three games to get it right and they still came up with this sluggish, inefficient animation system. I heard witchers are supposed to be incredibly fast. Geralt moves like an old man.

He also understeers, doesn't stop fast enough and often runs when holding the walk button.

They also decided to go against the logical video game standard of making run and evade the same button (both using your legs). So, you have two evade buttons and a run button. Which means that you can't jump during combat. I remember seeing this funny GIF when the game came out of a player unable to get out of a little boat as he was being beaten by enemies. He rolled around the boat like an idiot until they killed him. Great gameplay!

The battle system should have been manual, so that you can use normal navigation and aren't automatically turned towards every enemy you decide to run by.

The combat is also repetitive, the same exaggerated attacks over and over. Left click, left click, left click. I didn't use the strong attack much. Found it rather useless.

I was gonna try out the Blood and Wine expansion, but the movement is so poor that I instead uninstalled and deleted it.
Even on the hardest difficulty, with up-leveled enemies and undertuned gear, combat is so easy that it doesn't matter.

Keppo

Arbiter

Bethesda is the only AAA company that do new games and take risks. The had made Dishonoured games,Pray,wolfy,evil within and nu Doom. Show me what other publisher had made that many new games. Credits where credits its due.

The only new thing from that is Dishonored. The rest are reboots from old liked and respected series , so what are you talking about? Where is the risk you are talking about? literally every their game is generic FPS shooter. I dont see any big risk from financial or creative/design perspective. The only new and fresh thing from them is Dishonored. Next game from Bethesda is Rage 2, another generic FPS shooter and continuation. Even Ubisoft takes more risk than Bethesda. they have games in different genres, some indies etc.. Everything that bethesda has are generic fps shooters and reboots.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
Yeah, and their BGS stuff are 2 very safe IPs doing the same thing on 20yo tech - about to become 3 if Starfighter sells.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

The only new thing from that is Dishonored. The rest are reboots from old liked and respected series , so what are you talking about? Where is the risk you are talking about? literally every their game is generic FPS shooter. I dont see any big risk from financial or creative/design perspective. The only new and fresh thing from them is Dishonered. Next game from Bethesda is Rage 2, another generic FPS shooter and continuation. Even Ubisoft takes more risk than Bethesda. they have games in different genres, some indies etc.. Everything that bethesda has are generic fps shooters and reboots.
:nocountryforshitposters:
Soo prey and evil within are remakes of what? The old prey has nothing to do with the new one,don't even see why they decided to use the name,it is not like the game have some real fallowing. Also since when is bringing back edgy fps games with small cult fallowing in to CoD market not a risky thing?! You are unreasonable because of your blind hate toward Bethesda. If you really don't see it,then the problem is in you. Don't see any other publisher doing real FPS.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Stop everything:

Devolver Digital is once again tempting fate and holding Devolver Digital’s Big Fancy Press Conference 2018 on Sunday, June 10 @ 8PM Pacific live from the Dave Lang Memorial Convention Center via Twitch.

This year’s Big Fancy Press Conference will feature real, actual game reveals and technological innovations from Devolver Labs, the research and development arm of Devolver Digital responsible for last year’s Earliest Access program and making ‘throwing money at the screen’ a valid form of payment. There will almost certainly be blood, possibly loss of life.

Potential concurrent viewers are encouraged to re-watch last year’s press conference as this year’s event aims to extend the Devolver Digital Press Conference Cinematic Universe (DDPCCU) through the blatant reuse of jokes and vague callbacks to the original. Pray for us.

Keppo

Arbiter

The only new thing from that is Dishonored. The rest are reboots from old liked and respected series , so what are you talking about? Where is the risk you are talking about? literally every their game is generic FPS shooter. I dont see any big risk from financial or creative/design perspective. The only new and fresh thing from them is Dishonered. Next game from Bethesda is Rage 2, another generic FPS shooter and continuation. Even Ubisoft takes more risk than Bethesda. they have games in different genres, some indies etc.. Everything that bethesda has are generic fps shooters and reboots.
:nocountryforshitposters:
Soo prey and evil within are remakes of what? The old prey has nothing to do with the new one,don't even see why they decided to use the name,it is not like the game have some real fallowing. Also since when is bringing back edgy fps games with small cult fallowing in to CoD market not a risky thing?! You are unreasonable because of your blind hate toward Bethesda. If you really don't see it,then the problem is in you. Don't see any other publisher doing real FPS.

They are REBOOTS of existing franchise, not remake. REBOOTS. Just like nu-Tomb Raider. There is no risk with that from financial perspective because these IP's already have following, and word of mouth support, just look how much Rage 2 hype and word of mouth support generated despite the first game had lackluster reception... From creative perspective there is also 0 risk, because every Bethesda game is generic FPS shooter. Im perfectly reasonable, i will give credit to Bethesda when they give money to develop some new IP with interesting design ideas, when they will take, you know, some risk actually.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Who cares about super heroes when you have SUPER CARS!!
maxresdefault.jpg
I pass through that exact tunnel every day and you fucking wish you could race through that shit, it's the single most jammed traffic in Rio, fuck that avenue I waste at least 50 mins of every one of my days there :x

Now I wanna play that game just to have the pleasure of running past this shit at least once in my life
And not even mentioning that this isn't realistic at all, where are the AK 47 tracer fire on the sky? Without this, you don't have an authentic Rio experience.

ShadowSpectre

Arbiter
I'm looking forward to Cyberpunk 2077 and really hope we won't be disappointed by just another teaser or some real garbage gameplay video.

Also, Bethesda is now holding our hopes for originality at E3 2018? God save us all.

Since 2012? Capcom, Namco, Ubisoft, Take-Two, EA, Sega, Square Enix, Sony, Nintendo, Microsoft, WB. Especially if you're counting new games using old titles. Is there any big publisher that hasn't made five new things in six years?

My bet:

non gameplay trailer
+ gameplay for journalists who can't make video or pictures

Game probably will be released in 2019 so full blown coverage will be next year. Right now you will read journalist articles masturbating with words just like they did after E3 back then.

I heard there's going to be some huge behind closed doors presentation for it. I'd guess we'll see some gameplay from it though.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
The latest Battle Royale game has been revealed: E3.
It starts with 100 unannounced games and the winner is the only one that has not leaked before the event.

jaydee2k

Savant
Fallout 76 featuring the one and only supercuck Avellone as project lead. Todds dick is a helluva drug.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom