Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

buying Star Trek fanfiction mags at cons
I guess I'm from the generation for which playing videogames is not "gross nerd shit", but going to cons and buying fanfic is, instead of being the other way around.
TBH back in the day, because we had no internet and had to go out and buy physical magazines there was less chance of the fanfics being crap. In order to get made, these books had to actually be printed and financed and then sold. If they were shit word got round to all of us and the authors lost money. It took til the 80's for the official Star Trek books to start coming out or at least becoming available in the UK. And I grew up in the 70's when none of that could be found. We were thrown piss in the desert to drink but some of my fondest memories are of reading an unofficial script for the rumoured new series Star Trek: Phase II and a really cool Doctor Who and Trek crossover that I had signed by Tom Baker many years ago. But for some reason the Chakats fucking endured. Possibly because the original author was a nut who swore his stuff was official canon despite a couple C&Ds.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Yes, I read an article someplace that the Internet brought back the "self-published author" phenomenon as a whole.

There's a brilliant Warhammer 40k story floating around that's about the Chakats all getting put to holy promethium and the eternal fire of the Emperor's mild distaste.
Mild distate?! MILD FUCKING DISTATE?! Brother, if such a thing was to be discovered, all war efforts against Orks, Chaos and Tyrannids would cease immediately and all of the Imperium's firepower would be directed with extreme prejudice towards whatever pitiful rock wold harbor such abominations.
:imperialscum:

Also, sounds hilarious. https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Chakats_Meet_the_Hammer_of_the_Emperor this it? :)
Aye. That's the one. There was another one that was an actual story somewhere too. I can't remember it too well. I'm fucking senile these days.

Elex

Arbiter
. . .

. . .

What unholy abominations that you just showed me?

Seriously. What the fuck.

FLIPPIN CUT THAT CRAP OUT

Seeing as you asked, Chakats were created in the 70's-80's as part of a Star Trek fanfiction. Y'know Mary Sues, Thank Star Trek Fan authors for her. Mary Sues are named after a fan fic character called Mary Sue. Chakats were self inserts used by the furry filth to ruin Star Trek conventions for decades. Then the internet happened. Not content to ruin Star Trek with this blight, they spread to other fandoms. There's a brilliant Warhammer 40k story floating around that's about the Chakats all getting put to holy promethium and the eternal fire of the Emperor's mild distaste.
well after the first image my ears
was already hearing purging chants.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
I 'member back in dah gud ald days when we din had no console. We just nutted up and played our Dungeon Master or our Eye of the Beholder until we cried. If we didn't like it we rolled a d20 to make a saving throw on our enjoyment of the game. AND WE LIKED THAT GOD DAMNIT!
In Dark Sun you roll your chars, but also can make their attrs up to 20 I think. This is how oldschool wa.s
Yes, this is consistent with how it works in the PnP setting material for D&D 2nd Ed, regarding Dark Sun: it's flat-out assumed that you're rolling (it doesn't even hint at otherwise), but because of the darwinistic state of the setting, everyone is stronger than they were in baseline D&D.

Valtiel

Scholar
Basically old-man furry; gee I thought those horrible depravities were an internet borne spawn.

Max Edge

Three questions:

1. How many companions have this game?

2. Is connected with Kingmaker campaign to tabletop game?

3. How administration mechanic works? Shitty like Stronghold in PoE?

PrettyDeadman

Three questions:

1. 10
Here's an overview of some of companions from alpha version ->

2. It is based on that campaign, it feature npcs (incl. companions), quests and etc. It includes the story of a campaign up to this point ->

3. It's superb.
Here's some video of kingdom management from second beta ->

Last edited by a moderator:

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I 'member back in dah gud ald days when we din had no console. We just nutted up and played our Dungeon Master or our Eye of the Beholder until we cried. If we didn't like it we rolled a d20 to make a saving throw on our enjoyment of the game. AND WE LIKED THAT GOD DAMNIT!
In Dark Sun you roll your chars, but also can make their attrs up to 20 I think. This is how oldschool wa.s

Gold Box games, too.

SSI were truly ahead of their time, including Cheat Engine in the game already!

Max Edge

Three questions:

1. 10
Here's an overview of some of companions from alpha version ->

2. It is based on that campaign, it feature npcs (incl. companions), quests and etc. It includes the story of a campaign up to this point ->

3. It's superb.
Here's some video of kingdom management from second beta ->

It look better than PoE hour before release. I have good feelings about that. As I suspected, Joan D'Arc, Female Conan and Orc are romanceable?

sstacks

Arcane
Pathfinder: Kingmaker Beta #7 - Old Sycamore

Turns out Tartuccio isn't just a big fat jerko, he's also a spy actively working against our mission. The mites and kobolds in the Old Sycamore area are a might testy. Nightmare wisps are a bit of a nightmare. Frog legs for dinner. Falling off of a log hurts. Bandits tend to trap the area around their camps, which can be a hot mess. More clarification in the UI on encumbrance.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
LORE:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/owlcatgames/pathfinder-kingmaker/posts/2193975

New Lore Video & End of Crowdfunding
Posted by Berserkerkitten

Dear Pathfinders,

We are very happy to bring you a brand new video today! Learn more about Golarion and the Stolen Lands from Paizo's very own Creative Director James Jacobs below!

Perhaps you have friends, who have voiced interest in Pathfinder: Kingmaker, but they're unfamiliar with the lore? Feel free to share this video and help them learn what the setting is all about!

Crowdfunding ends this Friday!

As previously announced, we are about to stop collecting money towards the unlocking of additional stretchgoals. As you all know, we are aiming to release the full version of Pathfinder: Kingmaker in late summer 2018. And that means there has to be a cutoff point, where we stop promising and adding new features in order to give ourselves enough time to complete the game. As of this moment, we're at a crowdfunding sum of about 1,080,000 USD. Unfortunately, this means that Hellknights didn't quite make it in time. Sorry!

Many of you have asked whether Hellknights could be added later via post-release DLC. While we can't promise it at this point, it's a possibility. We really enjoy working on this title and since many of you keep asking for post-release content, we need to consider it. The nature and amount of such content, however, remains to be determined at a later date. Please bear with us!

As our crowdfunding is coming to an end, so is our current offer of pre-order packages. They will be replaced by different pre-order packs, which can be purchased over on owlcatgames.com. Pathfinder: Kingmaker is also getting its very own Steam page in the coming days! A little while later, sometime around early June, pre-orders for Pathfinder: Kingmaker will also come to the Steam Store, followed by pre-orders on GoG within the first half of June.

6acf901b4f2da3cadb7c919820336e78_original.png

And now for something completely different

If you're supporting us on Kickstarter, chances are, you enjoy old-school isometric cRPGs. Why not take a look at Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness while you're here? The good folks at GrapeOcean Technologies have already reached their Kickstarter funding goal and there are a few more days to go before their campaign ends. Much like Pathfinder: Kingmaker, their game is inspired by Baldur's Gate. One cool mechanic in Black Geyser is greed, which corrupts the world as you progress through your adventure. Will you succumb to your darkest desires and help spread the greed or will you fight to put an end to it?

Thank you all for your support and have a fantastic weekend!

Hail to the Kings!

Owlcats

e94639ac9cc5d71687fc3070884fa252_original.png

Big Wrangle

And that means there has to be a cutoff point, where we stop promising and adding new features in order to give ourselves enough time to complete the game.
Underrated wisdom in the crowdfunding scene.

frajaq

Erudite
Gonna be interesting jumping into a system I never played before, hopefully there are backgrounds to choose for fluff

This guy sounds fun.

In the world of Golarion, religion is not a topic for abstract philosophical discussions, but a matter of life and death. Various deities directly interfere with the lives of mortals — some change them for the better, some for worse, and some just make them... Stranger.

During his life in the Five Kings Mountains, Harrim aspired to follow Torag, the Dwarven god of craft. Unfortunately, no matter how much he studied the holy books, he failed to meet the crucial requirement for a cleric of Torag: he never learned to make anything with his hands. It was worse than just regular clumsiness: Harrim couldn't forge a single nail or carve a wooden spoon to save his life. Some dwarves ridiculed him, others suggested that Torag must have cursed him — and this was what Harrim himself eventually believed.

Betrayed and forsaken by the god he was ready to dedicate his whole life to, Harrim went into exile, searching for some other purpose in life. He found it when he met a traveling cult of one of Golarion's most obscure deities — Groetus, the god of the End Times. A colossal skull-shaped moon looming over Purgatory, Groetus is waiting for the day when Pharasma, the goddess of death, won't be able to contain him anymore, so he can go to the Material plane and put an end to it. This fateful day is nowhere near — it would take aeons for Groetus to become free — but it's inevitable, and comes closer with each passing second. Groetus is patient, and so are his worshippers — hiding in shadows, listening to their god's faint whispers, meditating over their own mortality, and frailty of life.

It is said that the worshippers of Groetus slowly sink into madness. Harrim dismisses such slanderous rumors. The way he talks and acts might seem eccentric, but it has nothing to do with so-called insanity — he just delves deeper into the fundamental truths, understanding the world's nature and the inevitability of its demise... He's happy to explain his religion's teachings — though he rarely finds anyone willing to listen.

Harrim's philosophy hasn't made him a passive observer. He's always ready to use his god's power to heal his allies or bring punishment upon their enemies — though after the battle expect him to say something about the perishable nature of all mortals. He embraces the fact that death will eventually take everyone, but he doesn't hurry to meet it — so he has trained to wear heavy armor and wield a shield. Despite Harrim’s bleak philosophy, he’ll save your life more than once during the many battles that await you in the Stolen Lands.

Should you rely on Harrim's help in ruling your realm, you will benefit from his wisdom and charisma. A calm, level-headed man, Harrim is surprisingly good at making well-considered decisions, as well as talking to people — that is, until he starts rambling about the End of Days.

Shadenuat

Arcane
things pathfinder has

planet of the apes
giant asteroid hitting shit
fighting droids and blasters with swords
europe with ocean under ice
planets cosplaying sci fi from 30's, mars full of monsters & john carter, venus = jungle, cannibals, amazons in bikinis, dinosaurs
satanic lawful evil with rasputin or somesuch dunremeber (a book about 1st world war, baba yaga, red army that looks like krig from 40k?)

games made from this: 0

I was going through the companion descriptions and here's what I came up with:

Jaethal the Inquisitor, Harrim the Cleric, Nok-Nok the Rogue, Jubilost the Alchemist, Linzi the Bard. Never knew I was into midgets.

There's also supposed to be another companion, likely a monk or a druid. I might take him in place of Linzi.

By the way, here's Jaethal, for those who never saw her:

oO7TTox.jpg

PrettyDeadman

I was going through the companion descriptions and here's what I came up with:

Jaethal the Inquisitor, Harrim the Cleric, Nok-Nok the Rogue, Jubilost the Alchemist, Linzi the Bard. Never knew I was into midgets.

There's also supposed to be another companion, likely a monk or a druid. I might take him in place of Linzi.

By the way, here's Jaethal, for those who never saw her:

oO7TTox.jpg

I am pretty sure Jaethal was a dude in my game.
Wtf is going on?

Oh, I though he was just a pretty edgy elfboi, but it turns out he is a woman.
Lack of voiceacting can really make a confusing situation.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom