Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014

Last edited by a moderator:

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Yes, that's how you cater to PC players. I'd love to be catered to, but this is a joke. Fix your shitty systems.

Jezal_k23

Larian would gain a little bit of my respect if they fixed tactician and made it more than just stat bloat, you know, like they promised they would on their DOS 2 KS.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
A major overhaul of combat system is what this game needs which I don't think we are getting. I'm even OK for a turn order but that's a not in the menu too it seems.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Now what, a Penny Arcade strip?:

QhFPulQ.jpg

https://www.penny-arcade.com/news/post/2018/05/21/divine

Divine

Gabriel’s experience with RPGs is a smattering of potent imports from Japan, the occasional Dragon Age game, and Mass Effect. No Wizardry, no Ultima, no Bard’s Tale, no Gold Box, and certainly no Baldur’s Gate - the inheritor of that august fraternity. No classic Fallouts. And no Planescape.

What I mean to say by this is that the literary branch of the RPG typically constrained to the PC is not really in his experience. It was once a point of contention: as proof, I offer a comic strip nearly old enough to vote. So when he told me he was fuckin’ playing Divinity: Original Sin 2, not merely an RPG but literally some Kickstarted Euro CRPG type shit I assumed I had misheard him. I tried to imagine him rubbing his beard, nodding sagely as he scooched a mouse the couple millimeters between two savory dialogue options.

Alas: it had been released as a Game Preview/Early Access thing on Xbox One. This is generally a dangerous proposition, this kind of state change, and the genre is practically ozymandian with its partial monuments and eroded legends. I have no complaints to speak of as regards the implementation here. This is legit.

When I talked to him the next day, he was like, man. I love Pillars of Eternity II. And I was like, yeah? I thought you were playing Divinity: Original Sin 2. And he was like, oh, yeah, that’s what I mean. So, you know, we can’t say that he’s a full convert just yet. But.

He was trying to compare it to his previous experiences in the genre, and they don’t map. He’s never had the sensation - not at this resolution - of a game whose execution is broad enough that it feels like you’re engaging with a bottled intellect. You can drop a stone in this game and it will be minutes before you hear the splash.

I have started and stopped the game many, many times, because I know that to properly play it would be to play it co-operatively. Because, yes: the game I just described to you can be played in multiplayer. Never in a million years did I think I’d have a chance to play it with Mike. I never thought the world would turn in such a way that he’d been able to appreciate Chris Avellone with me, but it did.

Heinrich

Scholar
When I talked to him the next day, he was like, man. I love Pillars of Eternity II. And I was like, yeah? I thought you were playing Divinity: Original Sin 2. And he was like, oh, yeah, that’s what I mean.

:lol:

DeepOcean

Arcane
Definitive Edition, yay! So Swen actually had someone competent as a game designer fix the mess of the combat!

Ehhh...Console support...

:betrayed:
:bunkertime:

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Furry all the way:

GRAB SIR LORA AND DIVE DEEPER INTO RIVELLON’S LEGENDS FOR DIVINITY: ORIGINAL SIN 2 – DEFINITIVE EDITION

24th May, 2018 – Richmond, UK: Starting today, players will be able to pre-order the physical version of DIVINITY: ORIGINAL SIN 2 – DEFINITIVE EDITION on Xbox One and PlayStation®4. Digital pre-orders will be available shortly.

Players who pre-order will receive a mini-companion named Sir Lora who has a unique storyline, look and animations. Sir Lora is a squirrel being chased by the Knights of Drey, an apocalyptic order of furry knights, who believe in the coming of the Great Acorn. By recruiting this runaway squirrel, players will unlock skill-crafting recipes and most importantly, they will get the opportunity to dive deeper into the mysteries surrounding the Great Acorn!

Cross

Arcane
Sir Lora is a squirrel being chased by the Knights of Drey, an apocalyptic order of furry knights, who believe in the coming of the Great Acorn.
I see the recent expansion of their writing staff is already paying off.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Sir Lora is a squirrel being chased by the Knights of Drey, an apocalyptic order of furry knights, who believe in the coming of the Great Acorn.
I see the recent expansion of their writing staff is already paying off.
Can't be all bad if we end up wiping out furries.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Is this literally written for 3-year-olds? I remember my 7-year-old self rocking out to Courage the Cowardly Dog and Ed, Edd and Eddy, which are way more mature than what Larian seem to be going for. Ed, Edd and Eddy got pretty dark at the end, though, when we find out Eddy is the way he is because his brother beats him. Anyway, I'm not trying to be edgy, this literally sounds Teletubbies-like for 3-year-olds. Is this a symptom of millenials being infantile in general or what?

Last edited:

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
EDGE's studio profile: http://www.pressreader.com/australia/edge/20180524/281655370726397

Yet Vincke values the impulsive nature of Kickstarter experience - the crazy promises made in the heat of the moment. "It forces us into a number of stretch goals for Original Sin II that otherwise we would probably have dropped," he confesses. It's a common understanding that stretch goals are a dangerous proposition for a developer, raising backer expectations and adding to pressure on a studio before it's even overcome the challenge of completing the base game: "In the end the stretch goals were part of the critical acclaim and success of that Original Sin II had."

They added a great deal of extra work, but being able to play as an undead character opened up many new strange and wonderful narrative situations, and giving characters the ability to shapeshift added even more strategic options for play. Game Master Mode, in which GMs can conduct pen-and-paper D&D style adventures, might only be used by a minority of players, as Vincke is happy to admit - but it also attracted further attention for the game and ended up forming the basis for a set of tools that allow the studio to better prototype and test scenarios and stories.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Glimpse of Sir Lora and the Great Acorn:

Dd-iNrlVQAAkZOl.jpg

Also:

Somehow this entire thing gives me flashback of a certain traumatic experience, that advent calendar comics from last year.

Last edited:

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Interview with Publishing Director Michael Douse. No new details, except, well, that they have plans for Switch:

Heh, I do recognize that voice. So he was the guy who narrated almost every trailer from Focus Home for some time.

For example:

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I remember replaying Mordheim's gameplay video several times because of his voice back in 2014 lmao.

cruel

Cipher
0:33 of the trailer here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqkFIqpSSqg

Level 8 physical armor is shown, with 52 physical armor and 16 magical armor. Does it mean possibility of reduced number bloat by default, by any chance? Or those were normal values for this level?

Unfortunately this also means that armor system is still there.

SniperHF

Arcane
Level 8 physical armor is shown, with 52 physical armor and 16 magical armor. Does it mean possibility of reduced number bloat by default, by any chance? Or those were normal values for this level?

Looks like the same ole same ole to me thereabouts.
I loaded one of my old saves and it (Alexander's Cloak, unique item) had 52 magic / 12 physical, basically the opposite numbers. So they rejiggered the numbers on it probably to buff Alexander's melee defense. But this could have been done in a patch even since I never updated.

The ranges though are about the same for that level. I don't think the numbers get all that retardedly bloated until after a few hours in act 2. That armor is from the end of act 1.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom