Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
In my opinion it's mediocre.

The first 10 hours are very boring. Most quests aren't really that interesting - when someone say they liked a quest here, they mot of the times liked it because of the writing and story involved. The exploration is better than the cookie cutter open world AAA game quality, but still weak.

Now the gameplay. The stats are well done for the most part, but there are some dumb shit. There are some useless skills and when it comes to perks they completely dropped the ball.
They try to do like Deus Ex does (and every RPG should do) and is the player being able to complete the game with any build/class/playstyle (you know, role-playing). I say "try" because they fail, there are several certain in the game specially in the main quest where if don't have a certain skill well developed you're fucked because you are forced to that section in a specific way.
They do try to compensate it in the dialog options, which are spectacular.
As for the combat... Instead of implementing something that has proven to work like Mount & Blade or Severance, they decided to make a combat system that tries to be as ''realistic'' and less ''gamey'' as possible. The end result is a clunky, unresponsive and boring exercise. Also the combat is more suited to be played with a controller than M/KB.

The visuals, audio, music and overall the representation and historical accuracy of the setting is simply excellent. It's really is the main attraction. But then again their main goal with KCD was to create, like they said, a "time-machine".

It is true that is like Morrowind but being gud?

:notsureifserious:

Do you really mean this?

SniperHF

Arcane
Is there a handy list of performance tweaks / settings / or even mods that are helpful?
I've googled a bunch of stuff but so much of it is from launch and seems out of date.

Old Hans

Arcane
I cant believe how much they worked on the combat and then I watch a lets play and the guy is doing the back-peddle + bow attacks as the enemy slowly walks towards them. Then he kills them and the ragdoll physics look straight out of Oblivion

Gord

Arcane
Is there a handy list of performance tweaks / settings / or even mods that are helpful?
I've googled a bunch of stuff but so much of it is from launch and seems out of date.

If you are on a recent AMD card (you dirty miner!), try "r_BatchType 1" in the console. That seems to help tremendously on Vega and somewhat on Polaris cards.
Reducing shaders a notch or two seems to help many people too, without giving too much of a visual downgrade.

Barbarian

Arcane
I bought it and will be playing it as soon as I have the time. Look forward to it.

I was going to wait a while before diving into it(patches, expansions, whatever) but since the game is stable now and I have absolutely nothing left to play until the two lovecraft games are released(Sinking City and CoC) I figured what the hell. This is one developer worth supporting.

Any vital things I should know before playing blind? I will play it on the PS4 so no mods.

SniperHF

Arcane
Apparently the invert mouse options in this game are uber fucked, super.:(

And it seems there's no way to shut off the stupid camera bob. It's like this game is actively trying to get me to refund it.

Last edited:

Paul_cz

Arcane
Apparently the invert mouse options in this game are uber fucked, super.:(

And it seems there's no way to shut off the stupid camera bob. It's like this game is actively trying to get me to refund it.

Isn't it possible to set these things via ini files or console, if all else fails?

SniperHF

Arcane
Isn't it possible to set these things via ini files or console, if all else fails?

Nope. They broke how invert mouse works in a patch a few months ago apparently. There are a lot of threads about it out there.
The only workaround is to bind invert mouse to a key and switch between inverted and normal as necessary. Kind of a garbage workaround though considering it apparently worked the correct way before patch 1.3.

Jesus christ, It took me 7 SECONDS to type "KCD head bob" in the Google and get this result:

Doesn't work, even with the hex edit to enable the extended console. Someone even replied so about 4 posts down in the thread. Seems like western civilization is already lost.

I bought it and will be playing it as soon as I have the time. Look forward to it.

I was going to wait a while before diving into it(patches, expansions, whatever) but since the game is stable now and I have absolutely nothing left to play until the two lovecraft games are released(Sinking City and CoC) I figured what the hell. This is one developer worth supporting.

Any vital things I should know before playing blind? I will play it on the PS4 so no mods.
What's coc?

Incantatar

Cipher
Bought this game because I love the premise but wanted to wait for bug fixing.
10 hours in. First I was really afraid it would be another interactive movie game like Twitcher but it certainly isn't, thank dog. Great work on the setting, really amazing work! Only Darklands had a similar gritty historical feel from the games I played. And I want that feel! Almost no bugs that I could make out. Minus for quest marker shit, that is seemingly mandatory today.
Bigger minus for the performance. W3 plays perfect on high and this game even crawls on low. I'm feeling trolled.

Paul_cz

Arcane
Bought this game because I love the premise but wanted to wait for bug fixing.
10 hours in. First I was really afraid it would be another interactive movie game like Twitcher but it certainly isn't, thank dog. Great work on the setting, really amazing work! Only Darklands had a similar gritty historical feel from the games I played. And I want that feel! Almost no bugs that I could make out. Minus for quest marker shit, that is seemingly mandatory today.
Bigger minus for the performance. W3 plays perfect on high and this game even crawls on low. I'm feeling trolled.

Seriously what potatoes are you guys playing at.
I have 7 year old 2500K, 8GB RAM and two years old 1070, the game runs almost locked 60fps on 1080p and high preset.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I think it's funny that they billed it as historically accurate and stupid gamers actually bought it.
You're 100% right. For example, I couldn't find any black people despite the Moors being a thing. And there weren't any female bandits or women in the army, either, which is just factually wrong. I wish Vavra had done his research.

vazha

Arcane
I think it's funny that they billed it as historically accurate and stupid gamers actually bought it.
You're 100% right. For example, I couldn't find any black people despite the Moors being a thing. And there weren't any female bandits or women in the army, either, which is just factually wrong. I wish Vavra had done his research.
So you are telling me there are no camp followers and black slaves (Moors were Berber, not black, despite what Shakespeare might have had to say about that) in the game? Is that true?

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Yeah, 15 century Bohemians are well known for their role in colonizing Africa and trafficking slaves. Vavra really dropped the ball there.

vazha

Arcane
Yeah, 15 century Bohemians are well known for their role in colonizing Africa and trafficking slaves. Vavra really dropped the ball there.
Surely they would have at least some black people for amusement and "sight-seeing" purposes? Also, I hope you don't intend to claim that 15 Bohemians had no prostitutes either?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom