Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 76 - online Fallout spinoff from Bethesda - now on Steam with Wastelanders NPC expansion

1397196382id11104gol.jpg

Don Peste

Arcane
Who knows, maybe someone will be able to reuse the online code they are going to add to the engine to mod Fallout 4 and provide the Ultimate Co-op Experience!

Hellion

Arcane
At least it's more honest to market it as an online survival spin-off, rather than presenting it as Fallout 5 or "the next great RPG" or something.

It's still going to be shit, but its shittiness can be judged on its own merit rather than as an official sequel.

Codex Year of the Donut
If this is going to be in West Virginia, I can't wait for Blaine to chime in with comments :D (I think he was from there)

No, I'm from Virginia, the home state of Thomas Jefferson and George Washington and the base of operations for most of the United States' aircraft carrier fleet.
Funny, there is no East Virginia.
West Virginia exists because they wanted to get away from the pedophiles in Virginia.

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
"Our future begins in vault 76" So the Enclave were just written out? Good, I guess. The further the distance between nuFallout and Fallout the better, if just for the sake of dropping all pretensions.

duke nukem

Augur
Everyone who is not excited for this amazing game is not allowed to be called as Fallout fans. Every fallout game is amazing. True fallout fan buys every fallout game and gives them good review and never talks anything bad about it.
Went in with low expectations and Bethesda managed to even shit on those. Kind of depressing that they're still too creatively bankrupt to ever imagine a Fallout game that starts outside of a Vault.
Vaults are integral parts of Fallout universe. Fallout without vaults would be like Star wars without light sabers and Solo shows how well that went when they abandoned most important part of the universe.

StrongBelwas

Savant
Patron
Predicting that 99% of the Codex will play and secretly enjoy it and threads about it will still be made 10 years later.

In 2028 I will quote this post and say "Told you so".
An online game might just be the thing that frees the Codex from the Siren Song of the Todd.

Cael

Arcane
Vaults are integral parts of Fallout universe. Fallout without vaults would be like Star wars without light sabers and Solo shows how well that went when they abandoned most important part of the universe.
Rogue One...

Killzig

Cipher
Patron
Even the Fallout BOS team had the vision to create a Fallout game where your MC wasn't a Vault Dweller.

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
Welcome to fabulous 2876! We aren't lazy; it was nukes, I swear!

DexRiwus

Novice
I think online part will be handled by second studio (Battlecry studios are working with Bethesdas's main studio on this project) and will be something along the lines of "Build your own city along with other players in this shiity mode". This will be set 20 years after the war, so it might have at least some though put into setting. I hope this is not full-multiplayer shit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom