Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 76 - online Fallout spinoff from Bethesda - now on Steam with Wastelanders NPC expansion

Keppo

Arbiter
Well he only know what sources tell him, he dont have access to the game, so his informations are vague... The amount of butthurt from bethesda fans about what Schreier said is fucking retarded. Only one week until E3, so everything will be known, if its singleplayer then bethestards will be postively suprised, if its multiplayer then they were warned and should expect that. Win-Win situation. Personally hoping that it's multiplayer for LULZ because i dont except anything good from this franchise anyway, the only good thing that could happen is bethesda selling it and other developer doing hard reset on it and going back to Fallout 1&2 and from that point create new game. But they won't, and honestly multiplayer just fits what Bethesda is doing. they have shitty Elder Scrolls Online which are milking, right now it's time to milk and shit on Fallout grave with adding online components to it.

Puteo

Learned
Makes me wonder if this is one of the projects Chris Avellone was saying would be revealed at E3.

Turjan

Arcane
CC sells pipboy skins for 99p each, horse armour is baby tier compared to it.
That horse armor they sell for Fallout 4, with its silly horse heads sticking out from the helmet and which neighs when you run, isn't exactly useful, either.

More relevant to the announced game are probably those building sets they sell, or the furniture, or new food items that give you actual ingame mechanical benefits. In a competitive online game with building elements, things like that may be easier sells than for F4, especially if there isn't any free alternative.

People asking him "I really just want to be able to play this by myself without anyone in the world, do you know if that is possible?", and his reply was "I do not know." Yet he boldly called the game an "online survival game".

Wonder how much money he makes by saying something he has no proof of and causing this huge shitstorm.

Isn't everything he's been saying so far just stuff that was already leaked before the trailer reveal? This game being multiplayer, being called a Rust clone, and being named Fallout 76 were all things that 4chan leaker said back in December of 2017. Kind of seems like he's just repeating that leaker after seeing the name lines up.

I heard Country Road from 3 different sources yesterday: once from Bethesda to warn of the coming decline, once from the supermarket to rub it in my face, then later in the evening on a commercial. I haven't heard the song in forever then it appears 3 times in a single day. Todd Howard is the antichrist.

Yeah, that shit happens to me all the fucking time.

A month or so ago, it happened with Big Mouth Billy Bass, which was a joke gift that was popular for about a year around the turn of the century. I first saw it while re-watching The Sopranos, then I saw it mentioned or depicted online in an unrelated context, and then I saw it a third time right here on the Codex, all within the span of less than a week.

I am absolutely, positively, 100%, completely and totally sure I hadn't thought about Big Mouth Billy Bass for years until that week.

Fuck off you WITCH

I just saw that shit on a YT video or smth
I was looking for "Country Road" on YouTube on the day this teaser released because one of the just released Cities: Skylines DLC's is called "Country Road Radio", and the song stuck in my head anyway. It's in the air.

I think I saw three or four movies with Country Road in it that also all share a linking cast member between them.

Three I can remember are Alien: Covenant, Logan Lucky, and Kingsman 2. I think there was a fourth, but I can't remember what it was. Maybe it was just the three.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Decline was conceived through rape of Inclinia and new Golden age of twisted, demonic popamole 'RPGs' was born
sQGd78b.jpg

RAPE NEVER STOPS! 20 PAGES DEEP ALREADY AND STILL GOING HARD & STRONG!
NO END IN SIGHT!

Gutzex, whacha gonna do about it but find comfy place, watch and enjoy with anger on your face?
Whacha gonna do, go berserk and start search for Inclinia's lost mind in distant Realms Beyond?
Whacha gonna do, hmmm?
Do you know from where is the original pic?

Citizen

Decline was conceived through rape of Inclinia and new Golden age of twisted, demonic popamole 'RPGs' was born
sQGd78b.jpg

NO END IN SIGHT!

Gutzex, whacha gonna do about it but find comfy place, watch and enjoy with anger on your face?
Whacha gonna do, go berserk and start search for Inclinia's lost mind in distant Realms Beyond?
Whacha gonna do, hmmm?

From a wiki page about some faggot popamole dev.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
sQGd78b.jpg

NO END IN SIGHT!

Whacha gonna do, hmmm?

From a wiki page about some faggot popamole dev.
:hmmm:
Not that faggot,the rape hentai!

Iznaliu

Arbiter
Isn't everything he's been saying so far just stuff that was already leaked before the trailer reveal? This game being multiplayer, being called a Rust clone, and being named Fallout 76 were all things that 4chan leaker said back in December of 2017. Kind of seems like he's just repeating that leaker after seeing the name lines up.

I doubt he would just repeat stuff from 4chan of all places; journalists usually hold sources they can't name to a higher standard, as the public is banking on their trustworthiness. The reason why it lines up so well with the 4chan rumours is probably because both of them are true.

Covenant

Savant

I doubt he would just repeat stuff from 4chan of all places; journalists usually hold sources they can't name to a higher standard, as the public is banking on their trustworthiness.

Yes, thank god we can still rely on the trustworthiness of video game journalists.

I doubt he would just repeat stuff from 4chan of all places; journalists usually hold sources they can't name to a higher standard, as the public is banking on their trustworthiness. The reason why it lines up so well with the 4chan rumours is probably because both of them are true.

Well he only said it after the reveal, right? You see a trailer for something called Fallout 76 and you remember someone back in December called out Fallout 76 by name it's probably safe to assume it being multiplayer and like Rust are also true. After you see they got the name right anyone that remembers that leak could say they've got inside info about it being multiplayer and a Rust clone.

ColonelTeacup

Liturgist
Frankly, it would not surprise me if Bethesda decided on a rust clone, or battle royale clone and used the Fallout i.p on it. They've been making increasingly retarded decisions lately.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom