Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX ELEX RELEASE THREAD

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
My total PC upgrade is almost due, so I finally get to play the best game ever:

≡∟≡X

Any words of wisdom for me to choose from?

Three things I wish I knew:

1) Don't drink small Elex. The XP is not worth it. Combine it into medium or large instead.

2) Don't worry about faction locking. You can do all regular quests for all factions w/o getting locked. You'll only join a faction after one very specific quest that the game provides plenty of warning beforehand.

3) Do all the fetch quests in Golieth AND seek out the renegades before you set out to explore the world. You'll get a shitload of XP just by walking and talking.

Last edited:

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Finally got enough strength to use the boomstick of death (Thunderclap).

Whoever thinks a flamethrower is too powerful - LOL.

This thing shoots the bejeezus out of everything. 91 damage and a 7 shot rapid fire magazine. They drop like flies.

T. Reich

Arcane
You haven't mentioned the real reason why shotguns are the shit - their ammunition costs as little as arrows, making them very easy to sustain early on when you funnel most of your wealth into elexirs.

Double Barrel Shotgun III is better than Thunderclap, btw. 96 damage.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
You haven't mentioned the real reason why shotguns are the shit - their ammunition costs as little as arrows, making them very easy to sustain early on when you funnel most of your wealth into elexirs.

Double Barrel Shotgun III is better than Thunderclap, btw. 96 damage.

TBH, all ammo in this game is cheap. Which it should be. No more saving up for that 1 special rocket you always wanted and needing about 50 in the final boss battle.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Kai's stream is actually really good and informative about music production if you can handle a little bit of German.

Jinn

Arcane
While I don't know German and don't know what the two discussed during this stream, man do I hope it means that there is a chance Kai will work on the ELEX 2 soundtrack. What a dream come true that would be.

Last edited:

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
While I know no German and don't know what the two discussed during this stream, man do I hope it means that there is a chance Kai will work on the ELEX 2 soundtrack. What a dream come true that would be.

Yes, Kai's work on G1, G2 and to a lesser extent G3, is nothing short of brilliant.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Yet to play it with that patch but I think they made it so that it just doesn't stunlock your enemy.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Ok, finally got around to playing this. Any mods tips? I see a few "fan rebalance" types on Nexus but I'm always leery towards those.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
It's probably best vanilla. Just use the latest patch.
There was some mod that reduced the volumetric fog and that's the only thing I would personally suggest. It crashed my game so your mileage may vary.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Oh, and turn off target lock and change stamina amount/drain to how much you'd like, the first one no matter who you are and the second depending on preference. They make melee combat better.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I've read up a bit on the builds and decided to go for Outlaws and heavy weps. Is it a good choice? And what should I know for levelling up my dude?

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I've read up a bit on the builds

dude

why the hell would you

half the fun of ELEX is testing out all the op shit for yourself and then sticking with what's most hilarious

Because I don't have the time to restart after 20 hours of a screwed up build? Everyone saying Elex is PB returning to form and last time they were good (NotR, G3, R1) you absolutely could fuck yourself in the ass with a bad build.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
if you've played a pb game before i can't imagine how you'd possibly manage to lead yourself into a dead-end build

most of the tards who complained about that pumped up some charisma or whatever other useless shit and then went waaaaaah why cant i be a brave diplomat, in fact i'm p. sure that's the entire extent of bad ELEX builds

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
if you've played a pb game before i can't imagine how you'd possibly manage to lead yourself into a dead-end build

I've played all PB games, some of them more than once. I can't imagine you can make a good build in NotR for instance WITHOUT some metaknowledge.

Anyway, ignore charisma, got it.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
I wouldn't really bother with 'builds' in this game. Just go with the flow and use what you like, unless you go ultra hardcore extreme super maXXX permadeath iron man mode difficulty like an asperger then you won't have issues with being underpowered for endgame enemies. It's more fun to just try out a little bit of this and a little bit of that and focus on one thing eventually. if you restrict yourself to builds to begin with your early game will be unfun, your midgame will be boring and you'll regret your lategame because of how much cool shit you missed (but that applies to almost all arpeggios imo tbh)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom