Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Gothic II Gold - Do I need anything else?

Going to play Gothic II Gold (from GOG) for the first time. Downloading now from GOG. Do I need/should I install any other fixes, add-ons, quality of life fixes, etc. before I start? (I played the original Gothic over a decade ago it was good...about time I start this one since I"ve heard good things).

Jarmaro

Liturgist
Gothic, while a bit buggy at times (but nothing important is bugged as far as I know and I finished it 10+ times), doesn't need anything. It's not Fallout:NV or Vampire:Bloodlines, vanilla is everything you will need.
While mod scene is big(was?), there aren't really any mods worth mentioning.
Just remember to save often and at least in 2 diffrent slots, not just one. It's only technical difficulty you should be aware of, it happens that save is corrupted.

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
Going to play Gothic II Gold (from GOG) for the first time. Downloading now from GOG. Do I need/should I install any other fixes, add-ons, quality of life fixes, etc. before I start? (I played the original Gothic over a decade ago it was good...about time I start this one since I"ve heard good things).

System Pack is all you need man. Game stability can be unpredictable without it.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Just remember, nevermind what Oldcampers say, New Camp is the camp. Joni Odin von Hassenstein is an Old Camp fag and he's wrong.

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I would go a step further than most and say that any mods for G2 should be actively avoided. I've tried a number of them (inc. graphical mods) and there isn't a single one that doesn't massively fuck something up. G2+NotR is already one of the best games of all time, and needs no modification.

As for the community patch, it's fine, though I do recall the last time I used it it actually introduced a bug that screwed up the Orcs' AI, making them super easy to kill. Not sure if that's still an issue.

Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Just remember, nevermind what Oldcampers say, New Camp is the camp. Joni Odin von Hassenstein is an Old Camp fag and he's wrong.
This is a LIE !
If you want to be prestigious, true to tradition and a good man, you will want to join the Old Camp!
Don't trust people with green-ish avatars!

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
This is a LIE !
If you want to be prestigious, true to tradition and a good man, you will want to join the Old Camp!
Don't trust people with green-ish avatars!
This propaganda brought to you by Old Camp puppets, who also have bald avatars.

Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
latest

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom