Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Elder Scrolls The Elder Scrolls VI - officially announced but you'll have to wait

Guess the Province/Location

• Hammerfell

• High Rock

• Valenwood

• Elsweyr

• Black Marsh

• Summerset Isle

• Daggerfall

• Akavir (kingcomrade)

Results are only viewable after voting.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Yeah, this is far away: "Currently in pre-production", "next generation game"

Currently in pre-production at Bethesda Game Studios, the acclaimed developers of Skyrim and Fallout 4. The highly-anticipated next chapter in the iconic The Elder Scrolls series.

Moonrise

The Magnificent
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
Daggerfall 2: Electric Boogaloo. Likely a shot of Wrothgar and the Iliac Bay.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
This teaser is so low-effort it's hilarious. I've seen PS3 games with better graphics. They probably didn't even start preproduction yet if this was the best they could muster.

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
It's High Rock. Screenshot this.

Here are my reasons after heavily researching the trailer:

-It's got rocks and mountains
-The woods are too sparse for it to be Valenwood
-The mist at the start seems to imply you're leaving Skyrim. If you left Skyrim from the west, you'd see the coastline on your right, just like in the trailer
-Can't be Summerset Isle because they used that for the online game
-The castle on the hill looks like a pretty standard stone castle, like humans would build, not something weird and fancy like elves

Todd has fucked us again.

Last edited:

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

-The mist at the start seems to imply you're leaving Skyrim. If you left Skyrim from the west, you'd see the coastline on your right, just like in the trailer
-The castle on the hill looks like a pretty standard stone castle, like humans would build, not something weird and fancy like elves

i want to argue because i really wanted something more exotic but... yeah, probably.

Matticus

Educated
This teaser is so low-effort it's hilarious. I've seen PS3 games with better graphics. They probably didn't even start preproduction yet if this was the best they could muster.

I wouldn't call this low-effort. It's an in-engine landscape art test to show off what they are aiming for prior to engineering all of the tech for it.

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria

Also look at the sun and the coast line, the coast goes north/south and since it's obviously not valenwood, black march, Morrowind or summerset islands it leaves us with hammerfell or highrock.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
So this comes out after Starfield, which itself is a long distance away. Why even bother announcing it? Guess Bethesda felt they had to make an impression after Microsoft's big bonanza.

Nas92

Augur
There's no sense in announcing this with a teaser trailer while the game's in pre-production. Only to soothe their core audience who do not care about some terrible online game.

Moonrise

The Magnificent
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
Be prepared to rebuild Orsinium, folks. Bethesda are conditioning you for it. Fallout 4? Settlements. Fallout 76? Base building. TES: Blades? Town restoration. The only question is how much territory the game will include outside Orc lands.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom