Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Microsoft E3 2018 Press Conference: Cyberpunk 2077 Re-Announced

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
Cyberpunk 2077 is a true single player, story-driven RPG. You'll be able to create your own character and... well, you'll get to know the rest from what we show at our booth at E3. Be on the lookout for the previews!

4. Microtransactions?
In a single player role-playing game? Are you nutss?​

Since when did they made it a singleplayer game? I dropped it like a wet shit ever since I read that they were making it as a multiplayer game. Is it really going to be singleplayer? :incline:

Paul_cz

Arcane
Go fuck yourself, cunt.

Enough of an answer for ya?
I see you've opted for a pure shitting contest in lieu of a reasoned response as I recommended. Guess you couldn't handle criticism, kid. I think we all know your worth now.
You start off calling other people kid and then act surprised they tell you to go fuck yourself? That's cute.

Absinthe

Arcane
I call you a kid because you act like one and don't have what it takes to post an intelligent response. You're just proving it now. Where the fuck do you think you are that you are demanding to be treated with kid gloves? Learn to take it like a man, son.

Incidentally, ratings mostly exist as a joke and to remove the need for non-contributing one-line responses like "I agree" or "Brofist!" or "Wow you're dumb" by letting you push a button instead of wasting people's time with a post. When you both rate a post and reply to it, you're not exercising communicative value. You're just demonstrating that you believe your self-worth is measured in ratings, in which case you're on the wrong forum, dumbass.

Last edited:

Paul_cz

Arcane
I call you a kid because you act like one and don't have what it takes to post an intelligent response. You're just proving it now. Where the fuck do you think you are that you are demanding to be treated with kid gloves? Learn to take it like a man, son.

Incidentally, ratings mostly exist as a joke and to remove the need for non-contributing one-line responses like "I agree" or "Brofist!" or "Wow you're dumb" by letting you push a button instead of wasting people's time with a post. When you both rate a post and reply to it, you're not exercising communicative value. You're just demonstrating that you believe your self-worth is measured in ratings, in which case you're on the wrong forum, dumbass.

Seriously, go fuck yourself already. So high and mighty. If ratings exist as a joke, why are you so bothered? Why the need to come out swinging with insults? You started acting as a kid, so don't be surprised to be told to fuck off.

Will this game have tits?

Obviously.

Absinthe

Arcane
Seriously, go fuck yourself already. So high and mighty. If ratings exist as a joke, why are you so bothered? Why the need to come out swinging with insults? You started acting as a kid, so don't be surprised to be told to fuck off.
Look pal, this argument thing doesn't work that way. You don't get to try to drag me down to your level so you can try to beat me with your experience. If you want to play the fool, then prepare to get laughed at.

First, I pointed out you were full of shit on your interpretation of Gibson's words. And indeed so far you have no evidence for your case, proving that you were just looking for a cheap way to dismiss his opinion since you didn't like getting told by an expert. Second, I explained my views on cyberpunk and why I think the game fails as such. You still have no response to any of that either. You could've opted for an intelligent discussion in the vein of "well what makes cyberpunk cyberpunk to me is [x] [y] [z] and what I value in the game is so and so." That would've been a good post. Instead, you immediately got asspained that you got called out on your shit and instead opted for a cheap shitting contest (as I honestly knew you would, but congrats for living down to my expectations), and your compulsive need to interpret everything in terms of butthurt speaks volumes about your strength of character. Truth be told, I don't give a shit about ratings. The overwhelming majority of them come from people who I do not know at all and therefore do not care about. If someone rates my post down but couldn't be bothered to give an actual reply explaining their issue, then that tells me all I need to know about how much I should value their opinion. I just found it particularly telling that you were attempting to use ratings in the way you were. If it helps you understand the worth of a rating, I'll go rate your post with a parrot right now. It doesn't mean anything, but hey, it's a rating. :lol:

Now, you decided to try to call me a retard as your latest evasion, but son, I ain't the one running away from posting a reasoned opinion and resorting to a cheap shitting contest instead. If you were as intelligent as you'd like to pretend, then why the fuck are you having so much trouble putting your money where your mouth is? Seems your only "reason" for refusing to reply is your asspain at getting told, which is what every idiot does when they want to run away from defending their opinion. Honestly, if all you're going to amount to is an aggressively useless waste of space, then you should just fuck off to 4chan or SA or reddit or facebook or wherever people like you come from.

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
The two guys arguing: just to let you know, nobody will win. One of you will not suddenly say, "Ah! By God, he is right!" Internet arguments are a way for two people to "strut their stuff", only nobody cares except for the two that are arguing. The rest either scroll right by, or roll their eyes as they scroll right by.

That being said, I did read Absinthe's last post. Paul_cz, you should probably just go ahead and quit.

Kron

Arcane
This trailer was incredibly underwhelming to be quite honest. I went from being cautiously curious of where the devs would go with the game to pretty much completely uninterested.
But apparently everyone is losing their mind about this game everywhere. I'm getting too old for this shit...

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
This trailer was incredibly underwhelming to be quite honest. I went from being cautiously curious of where the devs would go with the game to pretty much completely uninterested.
But apparently everyone is losing their mind about this game everywhere. I'm getting too old for this shit...
I just remind myself that witcher 3 had amazing trailers and it turned out to be a piece of shit so I don't hype myself any more.

Kron

Arcane
Tbh I couldn't even recall the first trailer of Witcher 3, so I went and watched it again. The one thing that came to mind was the complaining at the time of the bad designs of the wild hunt, which carried directly into the final game. Trailers per se are generally pretty shit and misleading; in the case of that game it's pretty accurate though: an overall pretty forgettable story and mediocre gameplay experience in which the saving grace is the amazingly well done scenery of the open world, with proper palette, composition, etc.
The point is that aside from the trailers themselves, the one thing you can (generally) actually take away from them is tone of the game.

Absinthe

Arcane
Agreed, although the negative reaction reaction to the trailer is more widespread than you think. I took a brief look at the cyberpunk 2077 reddit (apparently Mike Pondsmith posts there) and it's full of defenses about the trailer looking underwhelming.

I just remind myself that witcher 3 had amazing trailers and it turned out to be a piece of shit so I don't hype myself any more.
It's always better to quit the hype. Also helps to look at the gameplay trailers and then ask yourself what it would feel like if you were actually playing that footage yourself. Usually that's when you recognize how boring the game would actually be to play.

heard two codexers were having cyber so decided to check it out
Show's already over, I'm guessing. Also, originally he posted something like "I don't need to respond to every retard who gives me shit" or something, but then he edited it within the brief window of time (like 6-7 minutes) after you post that doesn't show as an edit, just in case you're wondering what the hell I was responding to.

Crescent Hawk

Cipher
Meanwhile in Turkey.

blog_post_43_taleworldswebsite_04.gif

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Wow, sure is edgy in here.

Glad to know that cyberpunk is now all about darkness and rain. Since, all the other things our valiant CP genre definer mentioned do exist in the trailer. The 80s and 90s aesthetics are definitely not cyberpunk at all, no sir. They didn't exist in Shadowrun nor Cyberpunk nor Blade Runner nor Johnny Mnemonic nor Robocop nor Total Recall.

We had cybernetic bodyparts, claustrophobic urban crawl, mega-corporations, industrial espionage over the 'Net, massive violence, poverty, gangs, prostitution and gambling, riots against the establishment, two different dudes getting their brains fried, - but oh no, the sun is shining so it's all shit.

Alexios

Augur
Patron
"I disagree with it so it must be edgy"

Also Pondsmith is just saving face because CDPR only listened to half of his ideas and put out a product that barely pays homage to his original creation. The fact that the game has weather and day/night cycles is irrelevant. The issue is that the atmosphere is completely off on account of the lighting looking like it was taken out of GTA 5. Any clueless fuck should at least be able to get the lighting half right in a game.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
"put out a product that barely pays homage to his original creation"

The original teaser trailer was literally taken out of the CP2020 rulebook lore sections. Not to mention this still has everything else except a rainy night.

"The fact that the game has weather and day/night cycles is irrelevant"

No it's not. They're showing off how the engine works.

"The issue is that the atmosphere is completely off "

But it isn't. Unless your only criteria is that cyberpunk must be dark and rainy.

Also, acting like this is the full game or that they won't put out more trailers in the future is pretty facepalm-worthy.

Last edited:

The Bishop

Cipher
When video game protagonists have ambiguous codenames like 'V', it often suggests a male/female option. Unlikely? We'll see.
There is a moment in the trailer with a female character wearing same clothes as the protagonist guy (studs on shoulders, high collar with neon lights), it's at 1:12. So it appears gender choice is planned, at least at this moment, which also likely means face editor.

Aim1ess

Novice
I mean I'm personally glad its a little more punk than noir because noir is just so hard to nail down and when its bad its terrible. Its generally just not appealing to me. Also you shouldn't be expecting a lot of visually dark games for most of the big releases for a bit. HDR is picking up steam and neon type colors look GORGEOUS with it on. Combining that with the retro aesthetic thats coming back into popularity from the 80s and there are gonna be a lot of neon pinks and purples in the near gaming future. GoW did the same thing, looks great, Battlefield V also doing it with the facepaint. Color is becoming popular as the games started/imagined at the end of the dull grey/brown shooter era are getting released more and more.

Also I think most people probably don't know anything about cyberpunk 2020 so few people will be disappointed by the trailer like some here are. I know I imagine some action and adrenaline when I imagine punk in my head. That being said these trailers are pretty much meaningless, neither is gameplay.

Ruzen

Savant
Also Pondsmith is just saving face because CDPR only listened to half of his ideas and put out a product that barely pays homage to his original creation. The fact that the game has weather and day/night cycles is irrelevant. The issue is that the atmosphere is completely off on account of the lighting looking like it was taken out of GTA 5. Any clueless fuck should at least be able to get the lighting half right in a game.
So you guys are calling Pondsmith a cuck now?
He stayed with CD RED for 5 years regardless of they are listening to him or not?

Sorry, sir, I beg to differ!

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
rpghq (cant read codex pms cuz of fag 2fa)
Codex 2012
it's a shitty trailer because it shows no gameplay. if you are upset that a cyberpunk setting dares to have too little neon and doesn't take place exclusively in a rainy night setting, and doesn't take inspiration from the exact same subjects that every single other cyberpunk fiction does, then you are a low IQ moron. go gorge yourself on some synthwave

azimuth

Educated
Nah, the city's too dinky. It's just a generic retrofuture Fast and Furious action game right now.

Good cyberpunk is about megalopolises. This barely looks bigger than Vancouver and the buildings are just so small.

I'm sure they'll successfully "broaden the genre" with their "creative vision" of copying GTA and scaling down cities for hardware reasons, but it's still boring as shit to do cyberpunk without legions of miles-high buildings and a borderless city covering every inch of land in sight.

Paul_cz

Arcane
Look pal, this argument thing doesn't work that way. You don't get to try to drag me down to your level so you can try to beat me with your experience. If you want to play the fool, then prepare to get laughed at.

First, I pointed out you were full of shit on your interpretation of Gibson's words. And indeed so far you have no evidence for your case, proving that you were just looking for a cheap way to dismiss his opinion since you didn't like getting told by an expert. Second, I explained my views on cyberpunk and why I think the game fails as such. You still have no response to any of that either. You could've opted for an intelligent discussion in the vein of "well what makes cyberpunk cyberpunk to me is [x] [y] [z] and what I value in the game is so and so." That would've been a good post. Instead, you immediately got asspained that you got called out on your shit and instead opted for a cheap shitting contest (as I honestly knew you would, but congrats for living down to my expectations), and your compulsive need to interpret everything in terms of butthurt speaks volumes about your strength of character. Truth be told, I don't give a shit about ratings. The overwhelming majority of them come from people who I do not know at all and therefore do not care about. If someone rates my post down but couldn't be bothered to give an actual reply explaining their issue, then that tells me all I need to know about how much I should value their opinion. I just found it particularly telling that you were attempting to use ratings in the way you were. If it helps you understand the worth of a rating, I'll go rate your post with a parrot right now. It doesn't mean anything, but hey, it's a rating. :lol:

Now, you decided to try to call me a retard as your latest evasion, but son, I ain't the one running away from posting a reasoned opinion and resorting to a cheap shitting contest instead. If you were as intelligent as you'd like to pretend, then why the fuck are you having so much trouble putting your money where your mouth is? Seems your only "reason" for refusing to reply is your asspain at getting told, which is what every idiot does when they want to run away from defending their opinion. Honestly, if all you're going to amount to is an aggressively useless waste of space, then you should just fuck off to 4chan or SA or reddit or facebook or wherever people like you come from.

So many words on such stupid argument. Man, if you get this bent out of shape whenever someone rates your post negatively, you really gotta have an exhausting life. I really don't mind nor care that you think this trailer "isn't cyberpunk". I disagree with it, which is why I rated you the way I did, I disagree with Gibson and posted Mike Pondsmith's post because I found it cool that he posts on reddit and I happen to agree with him. That's all. To me, the trailer, eventhough choosing mostly daytime, shows pretty much exactly what I expected to see from the game based on this particular PNP game. It is ok for people to have differing opinions on stuff.

Quantomas

Savant
Mike Pondsmith's quotes do hint that he was involved into selecting what's shown in the trailer.

The trailer shows a lot and I guess we are getting only a fraction of what is in it. People will be surprised once CDPR does reveal the gameplay.

They talked about your career choices. That you can become a journalist or a rockstar. Maybe at 1:00 the trailer shows exactly that. Likewise the other scenes give you a glimpse of possible career choices. The guy who beats the cyborg, the hacker who fried a target, the trauma team.

Hope we get to see gameplay from the CDPR booth at E3.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom