Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 76 - online Fallout spinoff from Bethesda - now on Steam with Wastelanders NPC expansion

RapineDel

Augur
I'm guessing the "save player 1" thing they had going a while ago got retired.

Well it was an obvious sham to get people to buy those games last year like Prey, TEW2 and Wolfenstein which all under performed. All these multiplayer games we're seeing were already in development when that video came out.

RapineDel

Augur
I wonder if this will be Bethesda.net exclusive on PC, at least for a while like the Elder Scrolls MMO and card game. They have no mention of Steam key on their store page, unlike other games.

Apparently beta will be Bethesda.net only.

edit: well looking at the possible app slot (the only unknown app in "Bethesda Games Studio Developer" sub pack) for Fallout 76, there are some some clues you can assume Steam release. Usual setup for game + pre-order DLC sub pack.

Maybe what they meant when they said "The technology isn't available for our vision of TESVI" is they're waiting until they have their own client and online only system in place that ensures there will be no mods on PC whatsoever outside Creation Club.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
I think it's likely they will ditch Steam from Starfield or TES VI. Not because of online only or total control of mod ecosystem, but because of royalties.

Dodo1610

Arcane
The only "good" part of Fallout 76 are the posts of the Beth Fabois desprately trying to defend this piece of software.

Squid

Arbiter
When you have both the Fallout and Doom IPs yet the latter is the one delivering the fun single-player experience.
The irony is definitely real with this. Doom 2016 was an amazing game in my opinion, one of my favorites, but the multiplayer was so awful I hardly played it.

GrainWetski

Arcane
did anyone actually watched the video and noticed how bad at shooting players are?
I havent seen anyone being this bad even if trying for first time. Even when Ive tried controllers for first time I was doing better.

Up to the point I wonder if it matters anymore which part of body you are hitting. Is everyone just a big hp sponge?
Also whole dragon fight... whole team just gets in almost melee range and starts shooting like in some bad MMO. Is crouching not implemented and no one can shoot from behind a cover? Maybe this whole footage was not real people but footage from NPC bot eyes? Maybe the whole 'online' thingy isnt working yet :lol:
Randomly skipping through the video posted just before your post, I saw this. I think you play as one of those "bullet benders" from Wanted. Very cool.

Ivory Samoan

Liturgist
I'm going to RP a slave trader who only accepts pipe weapons as currency, dealing only in the rankest of slaves: mostly heavy set older women with faint moustache shadows.

Oracsbox

I notice Todd isn't immediately allowing mods on open servers..because he knows what would happen is nude and sex mods and everyone building rape farms and I get the feeling he thinks that would be bad publicity although in this day and age it would probably increase sales tenfold.
Also who gives a shit about mothman fuck off and shove 76 up your arse Todd.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So the map is 4 times the size of F4, but each server will have only 24 players. Which means 76 will be like if F4 only had six human NPCs, including raiders and companions and random people.

There are like a dozen doctors and fifty merchants in F4, along with infinite raiders... Four times the size, but less than one percent of the non combat content.

They’re really stretching the “mile wide, inch deep” world design to the breaking point.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
No human NPC seems retarded. Bethesda is already challenged in the story department, good luck attempting that this time.

Turjan

Arcane
I guess those people who were drawn by the rumor that this would be focused on base building (yes, there are quite a few of these) should finally notice that this aspect of the game isn't really all that exciting. In one of the interviews, it was confirmed that the max size of bases is practically what you see in the presentation. That's it. I can see some disappointment coming up.

I noticed that at least the Austin people are fully aware of the point that some of the game's concepts won't survive contact with the players and will need quick revamping. I assume ESO showed them at least that much.

Microstransactions to finance the server backbone confirmed.

Let's see how long it takes until those people who still go around and claim "but you can also play this as singleplayer game" shut up.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom