Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Assassin's Creed Odyssey, set in ancient Greece - it's definitely an RPG now

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Why the fuck is this in RPG section while Dying Light 2 is not?

:keepmyjewgold:

Jarmaro

Liturgist
At the very least, they need a good in-game explanation for why the main character would do something so suicidally stupid and socially frowned upon.
Beceause in the other hand hero carries spear of Leonidas, First civilization artifact so powerful it obliterates everything and literally destroys enemies' shields and launch at high into the air. Much more useful than shield.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
At the very least, they need a good in-game explanation for why the main character would do something so suicidally stupid and socially frowned upon.
Beceause in the other hand hero carries spear of Leonidas, First civilization artifact so powerful it obliterates everything and literally destroys enemies' shields and launch at high into the air. Much more useful than shield.

then why not make that the primary weapon and hold your shield in the off hand?

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Why the fuck is this in RPG section while Dying Light 2 is not?

:keepmyjewgold:

This game's developers have described it as a roleplaying game.

Dying Light 2's developers, as far as I'm aware of, have not.

One is a game with extensive C&C, complex faction system, character development and Chris Avellone on board.

The other is a generic Ubisoft open-world sandbox.

Your argument is invalid.

Yosharian

Arcane
Is Origins worth playing? It looks pretty bad. I haven't played an AC game since the first and second games. I liked some aspects of both games, but found them overall to be boring, and I was extremely put off by the 'collect a million useless icons'-style gameplay present in both titles (but far worse in the second game).

I also despise this MMO-like game design, with level numbers above all the enemies and stuff.

jf8350143

Liturgist
Apparently during one of the side quest
you can choose to kill a certain NPC or let him go, and choosing to let him go will cause him to come back later and kill some other NPC and change how the major quests goes and change some NPCs' attitude towards you.

If 20% of the side quest has this much impact on the main story ubisoft might has made something quite good this time.

Is Origins worth playing? [...] I also despise this MMO-like game design, with level numbers above all the enemies and stuff.

You've answered your own question. You shouldn't play it.

I did enjoy it for what it is, although i got bored after about 20 hours and haven't finished the main story. For me the only reason to play the game is the setting. The world looks quite pretty and, as much as I can judge, more or less historically accurate. For a video game, of course.

The only reason to play any AC game is the setting, but as far as Origins goes the best reason to play it is ninja Nefertiti.

One surprising thing about Odyssey for me is that the main character seems to be a blonde white guy. Quite a bold move these days. I bet we'll see some discussion on Twitter regarding the hair colour of the ancient Greeks.

[Edit] Damn, I should have watched the trailer before posting this.

Naveen

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Assassins-Creed-Odyssey_Leak_06-10-18_012.jpg

Assassins-Creed-Odyssey_Leak_06-10-18_003.jpg

First Screenshot: Plunder the isle of Delos

Second Screenshot: All those Delian families destroyed! :dealwithit:

PS: Shoot. You shoot arrows. Guns are fired.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
This game's developers have described it as a roleplaying game.

Dying Light 2's developers, as far as I'm aware of, have not.
Where did Fallout: 76' developers said that its RPG?

Highly likely that I move that thread to the MMO forum at some point.

But seriously guys, this doesn't matter as much as you think. :avatard:

It doesn't belong in the MMO sub either if all you have is dozens of people on the same server. Then again the MMO sub also has threads for ARPGs like PoE and Diablo so it's not like the sub name meant anything to begin with.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom