Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Yet Another Aurora Community Game

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Won't need to convert anything this time, that'll be all done.

Anyway, I'll go get some pizza and start setting up the game. I'll make a new thread with proper introduction and shit since Kalin called me out. I'll post a link in here once it's up and ready.

Oh and here's another example, orders that Kalin sent to me few years into the last game, to show that they don't need to be as detailed:

Army orders: Stop attacking Kwanza, but do counter-attack against Kwanza with units over 30% readiness if they attack us

Civilian shipping: Pump 50,000 wealth into Miyoshi Transport (gotta beat them Omniventurials!)

Research: Get Active Sensors as fast as possible, then design the stuff needed to build Meson PDCs

Construction: Keep building Ground Unit Training Centres, but as soon as possible, switch to Meson PDCs

Ground unit training: Add 2 x Replacement Battalion to queue, then endless Assault Infantry

Names for Assault Infantry: Hasegawa Gene-Warrior Battalion, Kempeitai Cyber-Warrior Legion, Sumitomo Shock Troops, Mitsui Special Forces Battalion, Fukoku Kyohei Assault Battalion

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Empire name: American Republic
Empire theme: United States
Commander names: 50% United Kingdom, 20% Canada, 10% Norse, 10% Boer, 10% Australia

(Still possible to change empire name later in the game right?)
Yes, still possible. Names and themes can be changed on the fly.

No Canada names, so I used US names instead. Boers is Afrikaans. No Australian names so I increased the UK value by 10%.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Empire Name: Unitech AeroSpace Corporation

Empire Theme: United Kingdom (no Corporate theme, so we're going Anglo for this one)

Commander Names: 15% English, 15% Spanish, 15% German, 15% French, 10% Italian , 10% Chinese, 10% Korean, 10% Japanese (we're an Euro-Asian conglomerate against the soulles Hebrews!)
UASC done but there can only be 5 naming themes, so I dropped Italian, Korean and Japanese. I can rotate the themes during the game so you get the other names coming in, just remember to remind me.

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
:lol::salute:

Only one request, plz no US names for actual US. Maybe pump those 20% into Dutch/Deutsch instead, whatever is available.

I saw somewhere that the US name theme was based on the actual census, so I'm pretty sure it includes names like Rodriguez and Mustawd.

Ain't no room for those anymore because they had to go back.

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Oh wait if the same goes for UK, my dudes will mainly be named Muhammad...

:prosper:

(Game was rigged from the start)

Well no matter I can correct this with the power of LARP.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Good thing I had saved my old Terraforming excel table. Otherwise this would be a bitch to set up. Mars and Venus done. I wonder how you're going to explain Venus atmosphere getting terraformed :D

Last edited:

tindrli

Arcane
i start to watch some Lets plays still trying to figure out those tonnages and optimal number for things, like ok 5 labs are not enough but should go for 15 or 10 just not to waste time and shit. but thats something that comes with experience aaaand a lot of time. god damn who made this game. anyway just figure out that the easiest thing would be to design my own flag so im dooing it right now:love:. and fuck it . who says i need to do well first time. also i figured out that i dont want animal names except for maybe ship names. the rest should be European

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
You gotta pick an European country, most are represented in the Game. Steve lives on Isle of Man and works for one of the largest gambling companies in the world. He is an old school sci-fi nerd and back in the 1990s he coded Starfire Assistant to help do the book keeping and number crunching for a tabletop space 4X game called Starfire. Then he decided to expand it to be a standalone 4x game and started veering away from Starfire, which led to Aurora.

Beginning of the game might be delayed until the weekend - I got another Naxxramas raid tonight, tomorrow I'm working a double-shift and Saturday I'm both working and teaching bunch of Chinese girls how to bowl, so time is limited. Sunday at least I should have ample time to finish the setup.

tindrli

Arcane
Good good. Do not rush with chinese girls. Teach them all. and dont forget initiative is a key

Last edited:

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Okay, all outposts and terraforming done. Each body has an average temperature of 14 Celsius just like Earth. How you're going to explain cooling of Mercury or the thinning of atmosphere on Venus is up to you. I'm doing research and the starting cargo ships now, then will send out initial PMs to players so they can select their civilian administrators - remember to pick one for Earth and another for your outpost - and give initial direction for their industry and research.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom