Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Elder Scrolls Daggerfall is the BEST Bethesda game

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Beign a huge Morrowind fan I always look at that as their greatest achievement, but in reality I think Daggerfall might be their best game
While some of their systems were a bit undercooked (such as sociak skills) the game itself is an enormously fantastic sandbox and while it fails in some ways at least it tried to reach for the stars.
After watching an excellent video about the “evolution” of both the TES series and Bethesda I got the itch tp replay Daggerfall and playing over the weekend on a shitty laptop I was so hooked with the setting, the character development, the labyrinthian dungeons, the mature themes... it is damn excellent and frankly might be their best game
I tend to think of the decline of Bethesda coming after Morrowind but since Howard the Toad already was on board with Morrowind I guess the decline started right there

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
The decline started when they split into 2 spinoffs instead of tackling the sequel. They could have recouped with one game, with what they learned from Daggerfall, because that's what people wanted.

Mustawd

One of these days you will learn the art of formattig Invictus . On that day I will gladly read your wall of text. Till then, please kindly provide a tl;dr.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
I tend to think of the decline of Bethesda coming after Morrowind but since Howard the Toad already was on board with Morrowind I guess the decline started right there

Todd was already on board with Daggerfall

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
Not in any role that gave him influence, no.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
One of these days you will learn the art of formattig Invictus . On that day I will gladly read your wall of text. Till then, please kindly provide a tl;dr.
I am writing in my phone so it looks fine to me, plus it is not very long I consider a wall of text something that looks like Celerity’s rants of something like that

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
While you are slurping over Daggerfall, it was made by Todd Howard all along....... :lol:

catfood

AGAIN
While you are slurping over Daggerfall, it was made by Todd Howard all along....... :lol:
https://ia800206.us.archive.org/28/...al/Elder_Scrolls_The_II_Daggerfall_Manual.pdf

RSzRHnH.png

"made" by le Tard Howard lol

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
He has stated he started on a Terminator game and after that was done most of his team was absorbed into the Daggerfall team since it used the same engine... hardly “made by Howard the Toad”

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
While Daggerfall has good mechanics, ultimately it falls bland because you just repeat random dungeons over and over.

As a game Morrowind is better, as an attempt of fantasy simulator, Daggerfall does not deliver in the end, it was too ambitious for the time.

Beastro

Arcane
While Daggerfall has good mechanics, ultimately it falls bland because you just repeat random dungeons over and over.

As a game Morrowind is better, as an attempt of fantasy simulator, Daggerfall does not deliver in the end, it was too ambitious for the time.

Ambitious for its time is better than increasingly comfortably sinking into mediocrity until that eventually becomes something that goes against the original spirit of the series.

Morrowind tried to rein things in, all while under the spectre of the company going under if it failed. None of that was there with Oblivion, which continued the reining in by seeing what else they could cut while changing things to be more generic, like the setting, that they refused to do even with Morrowind and it's alien setting.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Todd Howard is the reason Bethesda sucks. He is an opportunistic rat with media connections. You have to be a fucking retard not to see what type of person he is.

Matticus

Educated
I acknowledge that Daggerfall has many flaws, but it is still my favorite TES game. I would have liked to see a sequel that improved on the flawed mechanics instead of removing them. While Morrowind did this to an extent, it removed a lot too.

Self-Ejected

DakaSha V

Self-Ejected
If daggerfall were released today (with equivalent graphics, and even an equivalent increase in code quality) then not a single person on this forum would refrain from making fun of it, and calling it utter gutter shit. Yes, it also has a special place in my heart due to nostalgia and scope, but if you cant tell that its shit, and that nostalgia is the only driving factor behind any kind of positively regarding the game, then you just lack self awareness.

edit: The unity daggerfall may end up being legitimately good once modders get their hands on it.

Unwanted

Micormic

Unwanted
All their games suck, considering the release date Daggerfall is probably the one I hate the least.

Never played Arena or Skyrim. With competition like Morrowind and Oblivion it's not hard to be the tallest midget.

Generic-Giant-Spider

People that don't like Daggerfall are people that get lost in a city park.

Swampy_Merkin

Learned
Possibly Retarded
you should emphasize "the" not "best"

If he had emphasized "the" then it would imply that Daggerfall was the 1 best out of many. Obviously, there can only be 1 best, so his emphasis (where none was needed anyway) was more correct.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom