Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Dawn of War tournament - itz DONE!

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
I'm down for matches Friday, any time after 3pm gmt-4.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Ninjerk vs Deso - Game 2

9:06 PM - RK47: YOU
9:07 PM - Ninjerk: what
9:07 PM - RK47: what is the counter to dreadnought
9:07 PM - Ninjerk: sentinel
9:07 PM - Ninjerk: HWT lascannon
9:07 PM - Ninjerk: um
9:07 PM - Ninjerk: T2 turret
9:07 PM - RK47: so you kno
9:07 PM - RK47: but
9:07 PM - RK47: knowing is half the battle

Was emotional throughout the match. Had to calm down. Jesus H. Emprah.

Snorkack

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Rashiakas on steam, if someone wants to play a match or two.
Dh2HjOs.png

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Ninjerk vs Deso - Game 2

9:06 PM - RK47: YOU
9:07 PM - Ninjerk: what
9:07 PM - RK47: what is the counter to dreadnought
9:07 PM - Ninjerk: sentinel
9:07 PM - Ninjerk: HWT lascannon
9:07 PM - Ninjerk: um
9:07 PM - Ninjerk: T2 turret
9:07 PM - RK47: so you kno
9:07 PM - RK47: but
9:07 PM - RK47: knowing is half the battle

Was emotional throughout the match. Had to calm down. Jesus H. Emprah.

This game. Deso didn't get a librarian (which can one shot an entire guardsmen squad every 3 mins), but it was ok because ninjerk kept shooting artillery at his own men.

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
Not staying mobile was bad news. I mulled over massing four squads and commander to cross the river quickly, but I got cold feet and went to the center instead, where I got negative cover and shot up p bad.

RK47

Patron

a name needs more practice.
Loads of basic stuff like capping are not done.
Try to get the foundations and the map figured out before you play.

Game 1 - Ninjerk's Demise
Orks are generally a strong race, but they take time to mass - you do not need to capture a point with more than one squad.
There is safety in numbers, but in early game, not many can spare a recon squad to kill a squad of sluggas. They're too cheap to reinforce with too much HP to kill quickly enough with basic units.
The fast Eldar T2 can be countered by a quick Big Mek teleport harass within the first 2 mins. Once the Orks see this irregular build order and weak army, they can quickly mass sluggas and kill the bonesingers constructing the Soul Shrine, nullifying the strategy completely.
Same goes for other races I guess, they just have to spot this irregular build order and respond quickly before the vehicles arrive.

Game 2 - Blood River
Guardsmen are dead when caught in the open by Sisters in T1
Garrisoned IG buildings gets anti-infantry lasguns, plasma and heavy bolter in that order when they are garrisoned with 1-3 units (even a techpriest counts)
Once again IG completely neglecting cap order and listening post, a fatal error.
Two squads to capture one point? Kinda pointless.
Command Squad must quickly attach a priest for extra speed , damage and hitpoint. Add a Psyker / Commissar as needed.
Sisters Squad doesn't understand what a garrisoned Field Command can do, insane body count ensues.
IG never had hope once they're stuck in their cucksheds. It wasn't as close as it looks.

Dayyālu

Arcane
That IG match made me somewhat cringe.

Not staying mobile was bad news. I mulled over massing four squads and commander to cross the river quickly, but I got cold feet and went to the center instead, where I got negative cover and shot up p bad.

IG turrets are good, compared to other races. If used aggressively. You did not use them aggressively.

The IG commander is crappy (as Darth Roxor knows very well and never ceases to prove me game after game) but it can be employed as a useful tarpit for T1 if reinforced. it's already kinda useless, alone is completely useless.

Guards on T1 live on grenade launchers. Why you massed basic guards with no 'nades? There's little else you can do at T1. Sisters can be mauled effectively in T1 by using decoys and 'nades. It's not effective, but it can be done.

Could have won that one, with just a tad more focus. Sisters played kinda bad for hello friend's standards.

RK47

Patron
The IG commander is crappy (as Darth Roxor knows very well and never ceases to prove me game after game) but it can be employed as a useful tarpit for T1 if reinforced. it's already kinda useless, alone is completely useless.

Ninjerk pay attention to this advice. You might learn something.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom