Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Underworld Ascendant Alpha Released

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Finished up uploading/processing my video. Wasn't able to prop surf as well as I'd like to in the game, but I guess that's expected now.

So any comments how is the new area, overall impresions on the game, how’s performance, combat...

Wunderbar

Arcane
So I'm uploading my video right now, and there's actually a lot of substance to this Alpha that I didn't immediately realize upon recording my first video. There's actually a few different 'missions' in Pluto's Gate (which I've only recorded the first, which took me probably 40 minutes or so). There seems to be way more after that (which I didn't know until I said farewell at the end of my video lol). I also checked out Upper Erebus (for like a second) before hitting the 'Go back to Malchor' or whatever it's called, button, and there's like an entire town that's built and fleshed out already but isn't optimized and still a bit buggy (in fact, they tell you not to go there, but the gate's still open lol). There's talking NPC's, trading, quest boards, etc. Even a glimpse at the V1 lizard man design from the poll on the UA forums. I'll go speedrun past the 1st mission and do a part 2/3/etc. of Pluto's Gate after I upload this video and other stuff. Then I'll do Upper Erebus. Until then, sorry for being late with this, been a little busy.
could you make some screenshots of trading/quest boards/dialogues?

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Finished up uploading/processing my video. Wasn't able to prop surf as well as I'd like to in the game, but I guess that's expected now.

So any comments how is the new area, overall impresions on the game, how’s performance, combat...

Combat sucks, which is to be expected coming off of the previous pre-alpha builds. I didn't actually kill anything in the video, mostly just snuck past most things and didn't have enough arrows to kill the guy who I did end up shooting. I felt like I had even less feedback when striking harder objects with my weapons, the bone club in particular. I think magic is more fleshed out in the Upper Erebus and mission 2 of Pluto's Gate since you start off with more spells (your inventory doesn't seem to carry over between the two Pluto's Gate missions), but again, i haven't really messed around too much with it. For me, the spells (specifically, the locking one, "bind plant") didn't last very long and/or didn't have the effects that I wanted, which made it seem less useful than I would have wanted. Also, i don't know why the spell wands say "x plant" instead of like, a more... appropriate term.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Here's the Bonus video Skip to 7:00 and onward for the view of some of the (2) NPCs that aren't Cabirus 9:00 for the Quest Board, Trading, and whatnot

Max Heap

Arcane

Not gonna lie: Seeing you struggle with the throwing mechanics and getting hurt by stacked boxes got a chuckle out of me.

RatTower

Arcane
Developer

Here's the Bonus video Skip to 7:00 and onward for the view of some of the (2) NPCs that aren't Cabirus 9:00 for the Quest Board, Trading, and whatnot

Really liking the look of Marcaul. I wonder if parts of it can only be entered after finishing certain tasks (the WIP text on the gate kinda implies that - but it may only apply to actually entering the city).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom