Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Project Zomboid

SmartCheetah

Arcane
They are patching the game extremely slow tbh. 3d anims are "almost" in, same thing with different outfits and other graphical stuff. Map has gotten bigger and they implemented few pretty huge systems + pretty advanced VoIP. Still, if you wan't to have some actual fun - game offers only multiplayer experience. Who wants to survive zombie apocalypse alone? NPC's are still "not even close" and they stopped teasing people about them more then a year ago.

What to expect from a bunch of Brits tho? :D Bloody slowpokes, that's it.

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
How the fuck are they staying afloat?

Multiplayer audience.

They are patching the game extremely slow tbh. 3d anims are "almost" in, same thing with different outfits and other graphical stuff. Map has gotten bigger and they implemented few pretty huge systems + pretty advanced VoIP.

Things to be pessimist about

We are talking about pre-Unity era here. They are using their own engine (with java I think?).

Decline consoletard wasd controle.

The good things

The team acquired new members in the past years.

Multiplayer increased the sales

The crafting is great

The mechanics are detailed and immersive

They are promising a massive C&C experience with NPCs

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
Let’s make a list:
  • Grimoire [it will never be released]
  • Age of Decadence [11~8 years?]
  • Underrail [7~8 years]
  • Project Zomboid [8 years and is still in the early access LOL]
  • Kenshi [???]
  • Overgrowth [?????]
  • Knights of the Chalice 2 [???]
  • Star Citzen [????]

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
hey guys, there is a shitstorm going on after the last update with the new oven mechanics. Check it out!

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
That must be pretty high up on the autistic scale. I usually love small realism details like that in games, but damn.

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
Yeah, what sucks for me is that they are wasting time with the wrong details. they could implement physiological needs and sex, but somehow retarded stuff about cooking is more important.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It's funny. I remember buying this on their website when they released the alpha tech demo for like 5 bucks. I also remember them talking about NPCs on their official forum, but there is still no NPCs in the city to play around with. That was only a month or two after the release, and it has been 5 years now :)

Lazing Dirk

Arcane
Let’s make a list:
  • Grimoire [it will never be released]
  • Age of Decadence [11~8 years?]
  • Underrail [7~8 years]
  • Project Zomboid [8 years and is still in the early access LOL]
  • Kenshi [???]
  • Overgrowth [?????]
  • Knights of the Chalice 2 [???]
  • Star Citzen [????]

Dwarf Fortress has been going for something like 15 years now.

As for Zombiod itself, it's been on my "check on this thing now and then" list for years now. One day I might even buy it. One day.

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
6 years. The vaporware comparison is because the developers received a whopping sum of 140 million in funding, keep adding new features but don't release a playable game.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
So they finally released cars. Now just another 4 years and 5 visual updates and we'll maybe see NPCs. Maybe.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom