Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Dawn of War tournament - itz DONE!

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Another craftworld lost to the warp...

Reject_666_6

Arcane
The games just keep coming at me!! This time, featuring hello friend and the fabulous Sob Swap.

Game 1: https://my.mixtape.moe/dexqlt.rec
Game 2: https://my.mixtape.moe/awnfer.rec
Game 3: https://my.mixtape.moe/kektop.rec

Some very tenacious starts from the Eldar in g1, suddenly two squads of dark reapers raping my nuns! They managed to kill the canoness real quick, but once phosphor nades came out it became manageable.

Game 2 features seraphim, but Necrons are a pain in the ass to use them against. Scarabs are indeed helpless against them, but since the Necron Lord can counter-harass, only with far superior building damage, it became a long, drawn out tier 1 base race.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
well atm there is i think only one match that could possibly be played in the division that shall not be named, which is Stormcrowfleet vs Ninjerk since deso is on some kind of safari where he has some shitty laptop that doesnt werk, chedderp is awol while dayyalu is on italian strike

RK47

Patron

Game 1 Sisters v Eldar
Terrible start for Sisters. But bad micro from Eldar gave them a chance to recover.
Eldar eco weakened, but they do not seem to realize their situation.
Went for a strange all-in to Sisters base with 1.5 squad of Dark Reapers + Farseer.

Ex: what do i see before me
Ex: a squishy generator
Ex: a convent with 5000 hp
Ex: which 1 i attac

Many were called, few survived.

Game 2 Necron v Sisters
Sisters got the build order wrong for Seraphims.
Shows a lack of understanding of what made Seraphim harass work vs Necrons.
A single squad of seraphim tries to destroy the ENTIRE necron base by themselves while a Necron Lord and two Necron Warrior squad just walk over to Sisters' base smashing everything to pieces. Do the math please.

Another waste of my time.

Well, that's 2-0 to Reject.
Let's just move on to the weekend.
Hello friend should resume taking his antibiotics.
Trace of lethargy and brain damage in plays detected.

VAhyEDw.gif

Last edited:

Snorkack

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
rules call from the tournament official required!

Once I've broken the streak of Reject_666_6 and turned him into Kroot fodder, we have the possibility that 3 people in our division will be tied for 1st place. Direct comparison won't help in that case either.
How to resolve this?
:philosoraptor:

Snorkack

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
:negative::negative::negative:

MW9O58b.jpg

Yeah, all the trash talking and mind games didn't work out. I knew first game was likely a fluke and he's the better player. Didn't let me get in his head and he kept his cool.
Also, I only trained for the one matchup that didn't happen.
Congratz! Was really fun tho! And sorry for the smacktalk and the bad-manner play in g2!

Last edited:

RK47

Patron

Game 2
Tau is probably plagued by lack of matchup knowledge, so I'll let that Tau loss pass. Quite strange to see a standard Tau opener especially when you know how bad the matchup can be.
Necron goes all in while in Tier 1.5 - it works with the small map and low resource. With the Lord teleporting in to disrupt, scarabs to detect snares, there wasn't much of a chance for Tau to establish a defense.

Game 3

1cBeGSU.gif

Space marines learned nothing from Game 1 and made a lot of errors.
Sisters learned from Game 1 and addressed the flawed build orders.
Two marine squad arrive to decap one point but overstayed their welcome.
The opportunity was there to decap the second point, but Space Marines completely missed it.
And the scouts were noticeably absent from all engagements when they could've added some much needed dps.

kz5FrhD.gif

I nearly had enough of all the foolishness when marine squads continue to advance on an LP2-protected side of the map when they know the opposite end is less-fortified.
In the end, it was too much for me when I saw this army continue to disengage from sisters despite having the mathematical advantage with 3 marines, 2 scouts, and 1 FC, you could've powered through the 3 squads of sisters and 1 Cannoness.
I also did not like the Armory. It was pointless. The Force Commander sustained too much wound from the inferno pistol for free for my liking.
I stopped watching for a while to get changed for work. Came back, saw Sisters vehicles and knew it was over.
I'm sorry if I'm a little unconstructive in the video, but there aren't any new grounds to break here. This is the exact matchup in game 1, except the marines are the ones committing fatal errors.
If you think the match was a close one, think again.
It wasn't. Reject just made a slight error in high float, otherwise, it's a much earlier GG.

Also: Seraphims and Assault Marines?

F0xyIUT.gif

What the fuck was that? If I tell you to add chocolate to a ribeye steak, would you lap it up and call it a nice play? Huh? Fuck me, I need to stop. I forgot to take my meds cause I had to rush to work on Saturday.

Good game Reject, good luck vs Jaedar in the semis.

And Snorkack,
E1PLEhQ.gif

Last edited:

Bocian

Arcane
I forgot to take my meds
It shows.
Also, use pause more often for your commentary videos. You continue your drivel staring at the base while the units engage in combat and you notice too late.

Stormcrowfleet

Aeon & Star Interactive
Developer
I have abandonned my post. Next weekend I need to do games or it will have been three weeks without any.

RK47

Patron

Too many errors on Roxor's end for both games.
Game 1
Chaos lost way too much from carelessness. And that 1% cancelled decapture was the final nail on the potato crate.

Game 2
That was one of the most straightforward bust-ass ever. Who'd known T1.5 marines can destroy T1 FW who just stands still?

Roxor looks out of it in this game and frankly so was I when making the commentary.

tumblr_oyajujfIcj1wzypxlo1_1280.gif

This outcome does create a weird situation in Chad Division, supposing both players win their remaining games. Does that mean there will be a tie breaker since all top three has lost one game each?

8xrvBkz.png

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom