Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Trigger the codex with a statement.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
If the gaming industry focuses on recruiting equally among all developers with regard to race and sexual orientation then games will just naturally get better irrespective of what they (the games) are, or what they're about.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Older games such as Ultima and Wizardry with dogshit graphics and gameplay are too aged for anyone to enjoy in 2018 without nostalgia or a certain level of masochism.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Anime fags are closet homosexuals with small penises. If you have an anime profile pic, what the fuck are you doing with yourself?

I don't think that most of the Codex would disagree with you here, just saying.
I was targeting a niche audience while looking for some agree parrots. I thought it would be the best of both worlds.

PorkBarrellGuy

Anime fags are closet homosexuals with small penises. If you have an anime profile pic, what the fuck are you doing with yourself?

I don't think that most of the Codex would disagree with you here, just saying.
I was targeting a niche audience while looking for some agree parrots. I thought it would be the best of both worlds.
It's more fun to try and piss as many people off as possible IMO, but whatever bloats your float.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Any semblance of Arcanum being a good game is buried under shit UI, graphics, and gameplay, that people who still maintain its excellence are either in denial or nostalgic.

There are people in this forum, playing some gray-brown puke of a tech demo (ie. Ragdoll Combat: The Game) and thinking it is good, and already triggered (1,2) :lol:

howlingFantods

Learned
One day soon there will be an equivalent of rpgcodex founded by a younger generation.
They will remember fondly the games from the golden age of RPGs: games such as the Mass Effect Trilogy, Oblivion, World of Warcraft, and Fallout 3 (which they will simply refer to as Fallout because it was the first real Fallout really).

Gamebryo will be their Infinity Engine.

They will be even more curmudgeon-y and salty than Codexers; but their agenda will be decidedly more SJW in nature.

When you search "rpg codex" on google an obscure thread on their forums will pop up as the first result.
Rpg codex will have been relegated to the 11th page...

Jacob

Pronouns: Nick/Her
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
JdSI6wl.jpg

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot The Real Fanboy
Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire is a superior evolution of Baldurs Gate, and deep down everyone knows it.

Planescape: Torment had awful game design and deserved to sell poorly. The writing is pretentious, edgy, tryhard, psuedo-philosophical, and boring (like most codexers).

Chris Avellone's reputation for brilliant writing is a perpetuated myth. Even at Obsidian, Eric Fenstermaker was twice the writer and game designer he ever was.

Last edited:

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Bethesda forum : Owls: 711 - Parrots: 76,807 - is there any RPG in there ?
General Gaming forum : Owls: 8379 - Parrots: 546,041 - ...

Just remove RPG from "RPG Codex" !
Keeping it is living in denial.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom