Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Dawn of War tournament - itz DONE!

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
there is now a possible 3-way 4 point tie in chad division assuming Jaedar and desocupado win their games vs Ninjerk and Stormcrowfleet

can the Dayyālu wild card dismantle this tie pre-emptively or will we be forced to resolve it based on yellow cards

this and many other questions still remain in the tourney of doom

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Dark Eldar, Chaos Marine and Ork FFA...
Gee. I wonder who's gonna rush first?

Snorkack

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Unforeseen circumstances demanded that I leave home 2 days early and there's no way I'm able to play any matches until 6th.
Unfortunately I couldn't get hold of a name in time to play mi final match. But since neither one of us has a shot at reaching finals anymore, nor is it a matchup that many people will be particularly hyped about, I'm fine with conceding the point to him.
Sorry and good luck to my men Reject_666_6 and hello friend ! Neither Jaedar nor Roxor is undefeatable...

Stormcrowfleet

Aeon & Star Interactive
Developer
I will be there tomorrow (for me it's 21:14 right now, so in 12hours and more) during the day.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
dat IG surrender right at the point when he'd start getting the advantage was

very sad

borealesad.jpg

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Post game analysis:
Game 1
Somewhat poor movement by Jaedar, but he prevailed nonetheless. Dark Eldar can really toy with IG in a map like that, but one-track assaults are all we see here.
Maybe IG needed a turret and minefield somewhere to even things out in T1. Dayyalu did not do too badly, but that forfeit was slightly premature IMO.

Game 2
Questionable map choice. If you're playing against Necrons and you want fast, resource-rich map, always pick Shrine of Excellion.
Chaos build speed is p. good - teched up to T2 before Necrons did. However, the Armory slowed him down. I only saw one squad of Chaos Marine, no aspirant champion, no plasma, no power sword...so what's the point of getting armory? If you go for Armory, get 2x CSM, Heavy Bolter, Aspiring Champ, Purge the weak research in T2 for it to pay off.

Anyway, Dayyalu goes for Machine Pit, and gets Defiler. Maybe the second vehicle should be a Predator.
Overall, not a bad try here - but two Immortals and a well-timed Lightning Field from Necron Lord wiped out the Chaos offensive. Chaos calls GG.

2-0 to Jaedar.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker

very sad

borealesad.jpg
Watching the commentary, I think I had more advantage than I thought in the first game. The power generator at the back point would have been easy to kill since its far from any serious bunkerings. The one at the tactica is also somewhat killable. And getting t2 first means nothing if you don't have the resource income to do anything with it.

Second game I think Dayyalu would have won if he had skipped armory, gone faster t2 with the resources and rushed hell talon into my gens. He could have easily killed two gens before I got AV up, then followed up with zerkers+pred for more base harass.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
getting t2 first means nothing if you don't have the resource income to do anything with it.

you get lightning arc and macheen curse immediately

HWT and commissar have negligible power cost

Dayyālu

Arcane

That would have required effort

:lol::lol::lol:

Post game analysis:

Maybe IG needed a turret and minefield somewhere to even things out in T1. Dayyalu did not do too badly, but that forfeit was slightly premature IMO.

Wondered about Turreting or minefields, but rushing T2 is essential to get variety for Guard. Then threw the game anyway because effort, but Jaedar did not rush aggressively enough (no gen attacks, no aggressive recon) to bother going turrets in base.

Questionable map choice. If you're playing against Necrons and you want fast, resource-rich map, always pick Shrine of Excellion.

Took the first map I got, not even thinking about it.

Chaos build speed is p. good - teched up to T2 before Necrons did. However, the Armory slowed him down. I only saw one squad of Chaos Marine, no aspirant champion, no plasma, no power sword...so what's the point of getting armory? If you go for Armory, get 2x CSM, Heavy Bolter, Aspiring Champ, Purge the weak research in T2 for it to pay off.

Tech prioritization. If you notice, I have zero float and so very limited research possibilities. I do a good effort and then throw the game, at least I boomed some warriors with Defilers.

Jaedar did very little ineffective harassing and his turreting was kinda useless. Against someome who's trying to win he could have some difficulties, I reckon.

Last edited:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Jaedar did very little ineffective harassing and his turreting was kinda useless.
Necrons are not T1 harassers. They're T1 survivors, T2.5 Death Marchers.

The turret cost basically nothing (even in terms of opportunity cost) and delayed your cultists, and distracted you a bit. I do not regret it at all.

Going turret in base with crons is sorta essential. If you don't, and the enemy goes raptor (or any other early game harass) you pretty much lose instantly.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom