Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Beowulf

Arcane
Silenced sniper rifle. We all have been there.

Martyr

Arcane
Adequate might be an overstatement
fuck yeah, Hong Kong! :D great visuals, great soundtrack!

yp4cEu4.jpg

OBvAEGA.jpg

po8yOCy.jpg

sUuaSv9.jpg

T1QyY2K.png
v60E5v4.jpg

Naveen

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I may have started this game (Sherlock Holmes: Nemesis) like half a dozen times but never finished it. I found some funny pictures while rummaging through my old Steam screencaps:

z3cjLAB.jpg

Kb7038q.jpg

nPwjzAu.jpg

I wonder why...

acTshtj.jpg

9FMforP.jpg

oXRn0mY.jpg

6dKo2ZG.jpg

sStuzpU.jpg

CkYRwwa.jpg

njXhpRG.jpg

w85ifjK.jpg

4ttUjUM.jpg

schru

Arcane
octavius, it seems like you have multitextures enabled again. As you might remember, type preferences in the console or text chat, hit Enter, and disable multitextures and OneXBlending in whichever renderer you're using. Also, if you care, it's possible to get an up-scaled HUD if the game is run through dgVoodoo (the Direct3D or the unofficial DirectX8 renderers both work fine with it), set a small resolution in the game, and force your preferred one in dgVoodoo's settings.

Edit: Actually, since it's a modification, there's a chance that something might not look right if it was designed with those features in mind. Still worth a try, it should make the skies look better.

Unreal_2018_07_27_20_19_43_51.jpg

Unreal_2018_07_27_20_19_49_43.jpg

Deus Ex can look really nice in 16 bits with dithering, by the way:

Deus_Ex_2018_07_24_00_38_37_85.jpg

Last edited:

Dreed

Bremsstrahlunged
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
A few pics from 3 random PS1 games:

LSD Dream Emulator: a proto walking simulator where you are in some place, until you bump into a object wich teleports you to another place with weird visuals, and the same thing ad vitam æternam, it's a good game to play drunk:

WNiZXNJ.png

kqqG3aM.png

WJAL4Dk.png

QXb3z0Q.png

ko4zpsm.jpg

:prosper:
mh8ZBW5.png

xCr3DLu.png

4ym2rSM.png

R/C Stunt Copter: a simulation of RC helicopters by Interplay/Shiny, with hypersensitive controls using the analog sticks, hard to reach objectives and the usual Shiny humour with the situations and the voice of an anouncer always critical of the player's performance:

xfHH3ae.png

lI3zjqf.png

n7O2Akl.png

4JyCbWm.png

XWJHkmJ.png

The result of most missions: the helicopter in pieces :mixedemotions:

Jumping Flash: a mix of a fully 3D FPS (before Quake) and a platformer, the game is still fun to play:

XBMP9mp.jpg

9khy42t.jpg

For the platforming sections the player can triple jump, the appearance of the character's feet and its shadow helps nicely for landing the jumps.

mtEyVdF.jpg

HZ7Sv0Y.jpg

The stages are divided between large open levels, enclosed labyrinths like Wolf 3D and boss stages:
t9NiXm2.png

hIssdaR.jpg

eQv61q8.jpg

Bonus: Moaï statues were all the rage back then:

kjlpw3r.jpg

DBfMXyu.png

kEEo43R.png

D_X

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming! Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath

Blonde, slutty clothing, trashy tatts, into global conspiracies? Just my type, totally would.

I've always felt bad about blowing up Gunther, he's sort of a bro, unlike Anna. Which, btw I always liked her model in the pre-release shots better than her final version. Totally would the prototype.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
octavius, it seems like you have multitextures enabled again. As you might remember, type preferences in the console or text chat, hit Enter, and disable multitextures and OneXBlending in whichever renderer you're using. Also, if you care, it's possible to get an up-scaled HUD if the game is run through dgVoodoo (the Direct3D or the unofficial DirectX8 renderers both work fine with it), set a small resolution in the game, and force your preferred one in dgVoodoo's settings.

Edit: Actually, since it's a modification, there's a chance that something might not look right if it was designed with those features in mind. Still worth a try, it should make the skies look better.

I tried the multitextures trick, but I can't see any effect using Direct3D9 or OpenGL.
RTNP: Ultimate Edition, or the texture packs it uses, supports only those two renderers. The game intro looks quite a bit better with regular Direct3d, but then it can't handle the improved textures for creatures and crashes:
"Encountered oversize texture without sufficient mimaps"

I tried using Glide and dgVoodoo, but that turned the game into a slideshow.
So I will play RTNP: Ultimate Edition with OpenGL and suffer some sub-optimal graphics, and then switch to Direct3D for other UT mods I may play.

schru

Arcane
I tried the multitextures trick, but I can't see any effect using Direct3D9 or OpenGL.
RTNP: Ultimate Edition, or the texture packs it uses, supports only those two renderers. The game intro looks quite a bit better with regular Direct3d, but then it can't handle the improved textures for creatures and crashes:
"Encountered oversize texture without sufficient mimaps"

I tried using Glide and dgVoodoo, but that turned the game into a slideshow.
So I will play RTNP: Ultimate Edition with OpenGL and suffer some sub-optimal graphics, and then switch to Direct3D for other UT mods I may play.
It's strange that disabling multitextures shouldn't change anything in those renderers. Perhaps it's something about that mod. I don't know if it's compatible with the OldUnreal patch, but perhaps the rendersrs included there would change something. There was this media pack with the updated renderers that didn't require installing the patch: https://www.oldunreal.com/specialpatches.html

As for dgVoodoo, it works fine with the unofficial DirectX8 renderer included with the OldUnreal patch if you wish to use S3TC textures. The older renderers won't work with them.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
0PKhMwy.png

jK0XnQw.jpg

Jvbq6d9.jpg

Bad guy defeated, macguffin collected so it's time for
Fu0QkAl.jpg

OH COME THE FUCK ON
oRwvFUO.png

First one is Second Sight, another is Psi Ops - Mindgate Conspiracy, antialiasing does not apply to cutscenes, whatever.
Last one is Diablo - The Hell HD, unfortunately it was removed because alpha of the sequel (TH2) was playable enough.
It is but then content is :prosper: how he fucked up something simple like that is beyond me.
Items graphics "borrowed" from Path of Exile, dozen of classes and subclasses with no clear differences (sometimes warriors have problem with some 2H weapons but then excells with other 2H).
If I wanted to play Path of Exile then it's F2P, why even parroting this thing?

Last edited:

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Here's a screenshot of the best game ever made, courtesy of the nerd who really should complete the game he's playing before starting another. To be fair, it has been a really long time since I didn't have a Jagged Alliance 2 playthrough going:
do6zgh.jpg

Activate Windows
Go to Settings to activate Windows
Barry remains the MVP of any squad. "They are trying to kill me... but I am profeshonal!"

lightbane

Arcane
Atomic Butcher.

A rare, obscure game not much known off, but which I'm sure was made by Codexers.

DE0084E151334B53F30A6F2F8D429C34F0BACA94

E8C68018AF4CBDEF1F4E1C8511E60EF6357E5798
ADD03D6060046CEC842B7CA1B6E622C52C1D2CA3
FAE95E25B73A08E46397D947464CC527CC7A9A1F
DC7D9CAA42E3E961EBD6AB790B71767ED48691AF
C27699F77C4407694B794C006A5498BAB104EEDC

And then here's my party for Nu-XCOM. Time to start the sequel someday:

7EE860037F3AC38D624817F8BAB3C2FF54895513
31FE9D3734365F396C629473E88F45A82A2C17A6
7ED201AFF9E9A62575F61DBC2035B50E7B2C3292

spekkio

Arcane
Just another day in Crusader universe... :D

x9k7XmQ.png

Looks quiet enough...

q5weoaC.png

Guard's ambush attempt ended bloody (for him), thanks to my mine, but what's with this "Morphing Security System"?

uWJtKfM.png

rating_rage.gif

TFFbIo9.png

:rage:

Quickload. Maybe second terminal does something good...

AN8YMLj.png

r26L7xc.png

rating_rage.gif

YVv0nOz.png

o81i3zG.png

:incline:

What do we have here...

RapIapU.png

:dance:

Time to leave the area...

XF1s4X0.png

:roll:

Verdict: :5/5::5/5:, would microwave some civilians again.

And I don't think you can transfer such gameplay to 3rd dimension... :cry:

lightbane

Arcane
Not naming your soldiers after Codexers? :|

Unfortunately I don't do XCOM LPs nor I had Codexers in mind when I played that, I went with whatever seemed funny.

Piratez would be the ultimate game to lp, but no-one is insane enough to do that. The game is too long.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom