Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warframe

when you start it's fine to buy some platinum to get some slots (they're going to be your only focus for a loooooong while) and maybe a couple catalysts and a reactor, you'd get a huge boost from them. but then stop, catalysts sometimes go on 50% discount, wait for that to buy some more, and don't buy more reactors, you'll soon (well, not really very soon, but soon) have way more than you need.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
So I have to finally ask - what is this ability or effect or whatever? Mobs have like colourful bubbles inside and around them, they seem very fragile and when they die they violently explode. There's a distinct deep, muffled BOOM sound effect. Sometimes they chain explode if they're tightly packed. Is it someone's ability or a weird environmental debuff or what?

Also as for todays Tac Alert - the first "easiest" defence mission is p. crazy, the second and third very easy. Haven't played the last one yet. Is it always like this?

Gerrard

Arcane
That's Nova's 4th ability, it increased damage enemies take and slows them down (you can make it speed them up instead as well).

The tactical alert is pretty boring, usually they have some kind of a gimmick, but here the only gimmick is that all enemies are Corpus robots and some Hyenas spawn. Last one gives a ton of focus, but probably still less efficient than Sanctuary.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Just finished The War Within, got my first rifle riven mod. After unveiling it shows, unranked: 19,4 multishot, 8,8 dmg vs infested, -7,3 projectile flight speed.

I know that multishot is good but damage vs. infested is the least important I guess, I'd prefer Grineer. As for the projectile speed, I guess I can slot it in my Ignis Wraith coz flamethrowers won't be affected?

Arnust

Savant
Uhh... Cvv, Rivens are assigned to a single weapon (and it's variations). The name of the weapon it's for shows along the rank like with augments. It's very important what they're for to have their effects on mind, and Disposition can be a big deal. So what was it for?

Regardless of which it is, those stats look like an absolute dogshit. -projectile speed is one of those things you don't really want on anything, specific faction damage is overly gimmicky when you can just get normal damage, and while multi shot is nice it doesn't really justify the others, plus you can get a bunch of multi shot through mods you're gonna slap on everything anyway.

Gerrard

Arcane
Just finished The War Within, got my first rifle riven mod. After unveiling it shows, unranked: 19,4 multishot, 8,8 dmg vs infested, -7,3 projectile flight speed.

I know that multishot is good but damage vs. infested is the least important I guess, I'd prefer Grineer. As for the projectile speed, I guess I can slot it in my Ignis Wraith coz flamethrowers won't be affected?
Rivens are weapon specific. Also, projectile speed still affects the falloff range on hitscan weapons.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Okay I see now - the riven is MR14 and I'm MR10, so it only shows "MR14" where the weapon should be. So I guess I'll know in a few weeks. Womp womp.

Arnust

Savant
Kuva for your rerolls is really accesible to get nowadays with Kuva Survival, really. Also, the Quanta ain't shit. Especially the Vandal version you can get from Baro.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
It's Mutalist Quanta. Not my cup of tea (I don't like weapons with AIDS, with the exception of Mios), but I understand many people value it.

Arnust

Savant
Ah, derp. I interpreted it as one of those weird prefixes that generate for Rivens, but you're right. Yeah, then it's a tad less stellar.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
So what's the sortie etiquette? My ceiling is app. lvl50-60 mobs right now but I see the last sortie stage has lvl80-100 mobs. Do I just jump into a pub, expecting to be carried in the last stage. Or do people in these high-level sorties expect fully pimped out kits with 4+ formaed gear, primed mods and blingy rivens?

eklektyk

Erudite
most sorties can be soloed easily - but people run them in pugs to save time

i say youll be ok if at least one of the other players knows what theyre doing

[one of few exeptions are lua rescue and kuva spy - there you need specific gear to do them and most pugs fail]

Vaarna_Aarne

By specific gear you mean "a warframe that can stealth the cameras" and "emergency Air Support with Liset as the lander."

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
So first sortie completed, Kril down. I just ran around as a rhino, buffing my mates with roar. P. gut I think.

Got a riven. Is riven considered a low-tier reward? Coz it's listed as bronze. And shit like forma or a catalyst bp are gold.

Vaarna_Aarne

Riven is like the worst reward you can get, unless you accidentally get one that's really good or in high demand (ie a while back Opticor rivens went for good plat, even if just crappy Opticor rivens as long as they were unrolled).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom