Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warframe

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Well it's an action RPG, not a card game, obviously the gameplay doesn't have an inherently lasting appeal. Without constant content updates the game would wither and die, save for a handful of grinders just like in the Diablo 3 community.

I'm still going through the content and as long as that lasts the game is amazing. But I don't see myself grinding focus and kuva for years on just to unlock all the trees and get the ideal riven. I'll exhaust all the content, get all the frames, play with them for a bit and then only log in occasionally and wait for the next content update.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
So now and then there's this dramatic mob ability where all I can see is a slowly spreading huge ball of fire. What is it and who the fuck is doing that? Coz sometimes they chain it and it keeps knocking you down.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
So now and then there's this dramatic mob ability where all I can see is a slowly spreading huge ball of fire. What is it and who the fuck is doing that? Coz sometimes they chain it and it keeps knocking you down.
Arson Eximus can create the fiery shockwave thing. If you have melee equipped, you can just block it (or just move through it with certain melee weapons and stances).

rivens can give unbelievable power, it makes sense that to achieve that level of power you have to put some effort into it.

Vaarna_Aarne

But 99% of the time, you get junk (which means some ~400 Endo). At least Endo/Ayatan is always a tangible gain.

I suppose I just feel like getting excited over a Riven reward is counting your chickens before they hatch. Also most weapons I use regularly tend to have low disposition, though I do have a Braton Prime and Daikyu on list of weapons that I use now that I have rivens on them and two crazy amusing rivens for Angstrum.

Vaarna_Aarne

I meant junk as in the riven itself is worthless by the time its reroll cost is too high. Having it on a weapon that can benefit from it is just the first step.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
So there are a few things that I find mildly annoying about the game, like the stupid timers, a few UI beefs and a some balance problems. But two things I absolutely hate - the Plains movement and the rivalry for Focus.

Now that I unlocked Focus the constant competition to HURRRR MINE KILLLZZZ!!1!1 is driving me nuts. It totally undermines the team spirit of the game, plus we lost mobile defence TWICE today just because of that. Oh and some players seem to fucking specialize in gobbling up everything that moves, leaving absolutely nothing for the others, especially on the Plains. I've just finished a bounty where this one dude spammed his whirlwinds everywhere and then torching the targets with his Ignis. Not only I couldn't see goddamn shit over the blinding visuals (that's prolly the third thing I hate, some abilities' visual effects are fucking unbearable plus you can't see shit through them), I couldn't hit anything spinning in the vortex, while it was an easy job for his Ignis.

And second is the Plains movement. Just like with archwing combat I love the idea of an open-world arena but just like with archwing the implementation is lacking. I hate how I have to run from an objective to an objective half a kilometer here, 800m there. Plus the final stage always seem to take place at the edges of the map so I have to spend 5 minutes to run back to Cetus to extract while the others, usually higher-level players with launchers, are waiting for me. I mean, I'm building my launcher but it's only slowly coming together and meanwhile I have to suffer.

I've been playing the game too. My biggest annoyance with it is the reliance on RNG for progression. Specifically, I need to past a junction but I need to scan 3 Ceph fragments on Mars to do this. The ones that randomly spawn. No idea what levels they spawn on and I just have to go over them all with a fine tooth comb for hours. It's some bullshit.

Vaarna_Aarne

Focus gain is shared group-wide, in fact you can benefit more if you have lenses on all your equipment since the party kill XP is distributed among all your gear.

Also the worst part about Cetus is that it feels far too packed full, you can't even fish properly in more than a few places without some assholes opening fire.

eklektyk

Erudite
its like 95% that fragment spawns on map - and they spawn on all maps except archwing defense and interception

rng is that thers 2 of fragments that can spawn and you may get music one so no blue orb for you

as for plains movement if no archwng charges then operator is your friend - this is by far fastest method of movement anywhere in the game

eklektyk

Erudite
i keep hearing how extremly expensive archwing charges are .. and their cost was severly reduced after lauch too ...

first thing i did waas go solo free roam and wandering and sightseeing stuff broke every container node and plant i could find .. build my first 50 chargers there .. lazy bums all i tell ya

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Focus gain is shared group-wide, in fact you can benefit more if you have lenses on all your equipment since the party kill XP is distributed among all your gear.

Oh shit, so I thought the only way to get focus are those yellow glowy thingies that spawn occasionally. Only now I read on wiki they're just multipliers. But why are people still tumbling head over heels to run around the map killing things madly, literally frontrunning each other to get to the prey?

EDIT: Ok so now I've tried to not to pick up the yellow orb and at the end of the mission I got like 300 focus. And that was survival. And if I chase after them the whole mission I get usually 5k+. I'm confuse.

Last edited:

Arnust

Savant
ing head over heels to run around the map killing things madly, literally frontrunning each other to get to the prey?
Because why not? Not sure what's the fun if it's not doing that. If you want to be the one doing that, you gotta overpower them or go solo. And maybe in missions like Survival where you can split up, be that asshole that goes on their own.

In what comes to mutually annoying one another, that's just kind of the nature of pubs, really. My MO about this stuff is "if they're not saying anything, it's okay". It is a god idea to learn how frames that you may not have work, to know if you are really annoying somebody, but it's not like it really matters in the Star Chart anyway.

As for hogging, I don't think there's actually anything that a player can take so that others won't. The only example, and it's a stretch, is getting/finding rate drops or cephalon fragments and not marking it or telling the squad it's there, on purpose.

On Fragments, if you really want to chase for them, they'll appear on the mínimap if you have some Loot Detection. Handy to catch the sneaky ones.

Gerrard

Arcane
Just get the flare blueprints from Cetus and let autists run around while you leech affinity.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
As for hogging, I don't think there's actually anything that a player can take so that others won't.

So what's the deal with the "convergence orbs", the focus amplifiers, then? As I said if I chase after them the entire mission and try to kill in those 40 seconds as many mobs as possible my focus haul is usually 5k+. If i don't it's in low hundreds. That probably means the focus other players gained through these amplifiers is not shared, therefore stealing killz might indeed be a thing.

I would say 1200 oxium is pretty expensive, because oxium is used in a much better and useful items.

This, oxium and plastids are things I constantly keep running out of. Vauban Chassis needs seven fucking thousands. And Wukong systems needs 4k plastids. That's a pretty annoying way of resource gating. But at least you can farm both whereas you shit like nitain extract only comes from alerts (about 3 a day from what I've seen).

Arnust

Savant
So what's the deal with the "convergence orbs", the focus amplifiers, then? As I said if I chase after them the entire mission and try to kill in those 40 seconds as many mobs as possible my focus haul is usually 5k+. If i don't it's in low hundreds. That probably means the focus other players gained through these amplifiers is not shared, therefore stealing killz might indeed be a thing.
Convergence orbs, like everything else, every player has an instance to grab. As for the convresion, quite like Syndicate Standing when you have their Sigil on, it's a conversion of a very small % of Affinity. ANY Affinity, from Allies included, will be converted. The thing is, that depending on what item is your Lens actually installed, you'll get different returns:

Warframe-Power Kill(100% Warframe, 0% Weapon)
Kill Weapon
(50% Warframe, 50% Weapon)
Ally Kill(25% Warframe, 75% Weapon)

So if your Lens is installed in your Warframe, you'll get an even smaller cut if the affinity comes from team kills, and the most from your own Power kills. All in all, you shouldn't worry *too* much about Focus, methinks. You're jut supposed to kill lotser people, and you'll get decent retutns while you're farming something else. The best way is Eidolon hunting, where you get thingies that you can exchange for 25.000 Focus in any school you want. I haven't done it myself even if I've got friends eager to taxi me because my computer is a bit too shit for pretty much anything in Earth, the Plains most flagrantly.

Vaarna_Aarne

Nah trading those is a waste in my opinion, 25k Focus is peanuts in the long term and those things are far more valuable for unbinding focus nodes.

Best way to farm focus is to run Sanctuary Onslaught, with a booster and a full Greater Lens equipment set (frame+all weapons brought along) and Smeeta Kavat on it's possible to get over 200k Focus on a single run.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom