Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RTS Which RTS have a good single player campaign?

Freddie

Savant
In all honesty the best single player RTS campaign would have to be Brutal Legend.
I'd say those sequences are interesting take on genre for sure.

Neanderthal

Arcane
Warrior Kings has three pretty good campaigns, they branch out from one depending on choices you make, personally I preferred the Pagan one.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
In all honesty the best single player RTS campaign would have to be Brutal Legend.
Are you kidding me?
That was the most horrendous gaming experience of my life.
The RTS parts were horrible (even worse than Sacrifice and that was bad already), the other parts even worse (Oh god, the racing... the pain!).
I'm surprised anyone found something positive about that title's gameplay. Even the reviews put those elements as mediocre at best.

Great music and art style, of course. And somewhat interesting story. Those are the reasons given for its positive reviews, too. But the game is ironically considered worth a play DESPITE its gameplay.

SkiNNyBane

Liturgist
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
isn't spellforce TB ?

No. I only played 3rd of the series but people say all of them are good.

3rd one isn't as good as rts mechanically... but its pretty good as rpg. Good story, voice acting, exploration, and heroes get pretty op. Original release was buggy af but its been fixed since.

Deathsquid

Learned
He asked about 4Xs, not RTS. Wrong thread, yes.

4X and RTS are not incompatibile. Best example of that is Seven Kingdoms 2: Frythan Wars which is fucking amazing imho and i spend good few months playing it non stop. Especially campaign which worked like total war one.
Keep those troops and train them, train and train and train !

I wish there was SK3 so much potential.

edit:

Speaking of which i installed Warzone2100 and Earth2150 for fuck sake i wish those have modern UIs. Especially Earth since it doesn't have open source version and what there is, is very clunky now. Still fucking amazing.
Oh yeah, Seven Kingdoms 2, I remember getting it on a demo CD and playing it roughly to the same extent as AoE 1 demo map. Ah those good ol' days.

SkiNNyBane

Liturgist
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Do you think spellforce series is bad? Can you elaborate more because I also want to know if they worth. I've only played 3rd Circuit

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yeah, I'd also recommend Spellforce. I played 1 and 2, but not 3 yet (waiting for price drop).
Both were really enjoyable games back then with their unique mix of RPG and RTS. It's been a while, though, so I don't know how well they would hold up today.

Deathsquid

Learned
Spellforce is alright. SF3 is pretty neat though I've not played it since early access and early access had 2 things that annoyed me, the interface and the camera. I really hope they fixed those because otherwise I had no major complaints. Also, a gorgeous game.

SniperHF

Arcane
Just finished Empire at War and Forces of Corruption again. It's very (very) RTS lite, but worth a few bob at GOG and worth playing at least once. Graphics are good, voice over great, put it on hard difficulty and it's a lite version of C&C set in the Star Wars universe. Should grab the latest patch for modern systems - not included in GOG version.

Never played them before and found EaW surprisingly enjoyable. But so far I can't stand the Forces of Corruption campaign. It's all hero unit garbage. It's like playing an entire campaign full of Tanya/Commando missions.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom