Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Battle Brothers + Beasts & Exploration, Warriors of the North and Blazing Deserts DLC Thread

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
I wonder if crafting will still be based on random events that require presence of merc of particular background?

Parabalus

Arcane
Great news, hope it doesn't mean that their new game encountered some road blocks.

Bocian

Arcane
Alongside the DLC, which will not be free
Great, we'll have to pay for what was supposed to be in the base game in the first place. Better than nothing, though...

Edit: Faggots, look at the list of changes. Do you really like to be conned for your cash? They abandon the game and now come back hoping to restore the hype and milk the fanboys.

Last edited:

vazha

Arcane
Sarissofoi
Thomas_1.jpg

sser

Arcane
Developer
What were your sources for research anyway?

It's been a few years, but there were two primary ones: an autobiography of sorts by a 15-16th century executioner, and what I could take from a 15/16th century diary written by a mercenary during what I believe was the 100 Years War. Back in university, I also had access to a primary resource concerning the Mongols, had access to numerous primary resources concerning Colorado and Texas, including Samuel Chamberlain's autobiography about the Glanton Gang who are the protagonists (or antagonists) of Blood Meridian. I found a government document pertaining to a military expedition to Texas to quell violence there in 1865 during which time the provable homicide rate was way, way out of control (talking 100+ to the 100,000 ratio). You learn a lot about the nature of man reading these things and much of it is not pretty. A bunch of other books and readings informed my approach. My academic studies were in the Near East, which is probably why I reflexively referenced the Mamluks and Janissaries.

Many of these other resources were not primarily about mercenaries, but the sellswords and marauders of sort make plenty enough appearances to glean proper info. The executioner's diary had a ton of info about the day-to-day life of folks back then wherein you see things are not so different. Though one thing very different element is that kids kept finding ways to get themselves killed in those days. They'd fall into blacksmith pits or get run over by horses it was literally a mite step above Lemmings gameplay out there.

sser

Arcane
Developer
What were your sources for research anyway?

It's been a few years, but there were two primary ones: an autobiography of sorts by a 15-16th century executioner, and what I could take from a 15/16th century diary written by a mercenary during what I believe was the 100 Years War.

Pls share these with us.

Found excerpt and it was 30 Years War, you can find more info in the excerpt:

http://sites.uci.edu/humcorebeauchamp/files/2015/10/Beauchamp_HagendorfDiaryExcerpt.pdf

Executioner autobiography:

https://www.amazon.com/Faithful-Executioner-Turbulent-Sixteenth-Century/dp/1250043611

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Absolutely loved the little cyoa segments, the writing in those was better than a lot of narrative-heavy games. That's great news!

Covenant

Savant
All looks very promising. Slightly disheartened to see nothing that seems to be addressing the endgame, but I guess the positive to take away from that is that it perhaps makes it more likely that if this DLC sells well they'll do another update focused specifically on that issue.

Hrymr

Educated
YES!:takemymoney:
This is a move in the right direction. Lack of enemy variety is one of the main issues (especially in the early and mid game) and this should sort it out.

Sarissofoi

Arbiter
:shitposting:
So Krauts are back on their own words again?
Not that I am complaining this time(too much) but it perfectly show a greedy and untrustworthy nature of the Krauts that are easily breaking their own promises just for measly profits.
Remember kids:
NEVER TRUST A KRAUT.

Anyway back on topic.
I am not even really surprised that its little bigger(well we will see) in scale and paid. On the other hand delay is well unexpected but its fit well into building hype for their new game(unless they drop it) as it will keep public interested. Good move. I think we see a rare situation were Krauts actually learn from their mistakes(little). Lets don't be too optimistic because as history teach KRAUTS NEVER LEARN(they only pretend).

The DLC content look interesting - I mean it promises customization, more items, new enemies and more fluff which is nice. Of course what we get in the end and the whole balancing is another matter but we will see.
On the other hand I not see anything that mention that they will address main problems in the game:
>global map interactions(and things like lack natural borders, fortifications, economy, allied&enemy party behavior or that player party is main reason why things happen)
>one contract at time(and implications, seriously contract spawned enemies or contract spawned sieges should go away and never come back)
>stat inflation and grinding
>lack addressing any end game content, level scaling, crises and permanent destruction
And not even mentioning lack of any mentioning of modding.

I mean its good to get something but well we will see.

Its not gonna be a another Veteran Hall again? At last i hope not .

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
They do say about a lot of other fixes and changes so we have to wait and see some Dev diaries beloved belarusian weirdo

Sarissofoi

Arbiter
lack addressing permanent destruction
What's wrong with permanent destruction?

A feature that is best turned off.
I mean there is contract that can spawn siege but settlements can go puff as their HP is tied to attached location and their garrison is easily wiped as they all lack fortification(where my city defense maps?) and allies not support each other(they spawn hundreds troops in noble war but undead or green invasion they don't give a fuck).
I would say that is all tied to fucked up economy system and one contract at time(with contracts spawning stuff).
>oh player earn to much money from contracts and from loot
>let lower contract pay a lot
>they still earn to much cash from loot
>lets make that enemies don't drop all items on death
>oh now players struggle
>well increase spawn rate of enemies and their lairs
>now they level too fast
>lets increase level caps and add levels over 11(with no chance to hire experienced troops) then so reaching end game will take longer
All lead to plenty of battles that have little influence of global map and increased grind that minimize risk taking.
Instead of rarer battles when player can take a risks and take losses. Making events happening originally on global map but with enough time for player to react to them would be ideal.
>anyway, will we get new battle maps?

Luka-boy

Arcane
Aw yeah!
cyberfapf7e9q.gif

And even if it's a small thing, being able to better influence the colour of your Brothers' equipment is something I always wanted.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
I hope it won't trade the mercenary for a Witcher vibe, but it's still welcome that they didn't abandon the game. I'd have preferred an expansion of the low-fantasy elements, but still will buy the DLC. Hopefully they will flesh out the vague announcements like "new possibilities", "exploration" a bit more in the dev diaries.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom