Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire + DLC Thread - now with turn-based combat!

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
LoL this games is soooo dead,in a year time it will be like numanuma with 50 dudes playing it. I was curious if the dlc will sell a few copies but it seems that it is dead. I was expecting at least 5000 peak.

Here is the steam chart and it is pretty dire,for comparison the game had around 1700-1800 people 24 hours peak. It seems that the dlc is selling pretty poorly.

Screenshot_2018_8_4_Pillars_of_Eternity_II_Deadfire_Steam_Charts.png

Iskramor

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Lol 70% of encounters are monster closets.

Also my PC crashed 3 times when fighting first pack of frost not-temple of eothas totally design-shadows in a very unique way with monitor losing signal. PoE is the only game that does it and it happens during casting druid's Vengeful Storm spell
and there's quite a lot of other bugs including plot bugs, script bugs and characters stuttering after getting hit by push spells

where's Durance? Cause I'm finishing last portal boringkingdom and he wasn't on bridge

They made me kill mama bear :argh:
+"temple of decline" I am not sure Obsidian is taking their writing seriously anymore, at all

Vatnik is okay though, and his spells are alright.
Nvidias shitty drivers

Jezal_k23

Has Obsidian done any performance improvements since that guy released his performance fix a while back?

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
can anyone tell me which DoCaroc ending I need to choose in the history builder to guarantee her breastplate shows up?

EDIT: as an aside (just curious) is there any reason NOT to choose to have sacrificed companions that don't show up in PoE2 to the blood pool in the history-builder, just to begin with all their bonuses? I doubt much anything would change, and there's no negative to doing this.

my first time i started poe2 I never even knew there was a history-builder, I just mashed buttons until game started, so since i'm restarting now anyways (lost the saves in a reformat) thought i might as well power game the fuck out of it with the history builder, make sure all the loot spawns.

edit 2x: what's the other item that eder can start with besides the medallion?

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot The Real Fanboy
Ydwin got fleshed out a little

One of the endings of Beast of Winter allows you to sacrifice her to Rymrgand in order to escape The White Void

Lexx

Cipher
The only problem is, I really don't like Ydwin. Especially because she's the first in my party to die in like any combat encounter.

The messenger and some other folks were easy to defeat, what makes me problems are these ice monster things. They fuck me up in seconds with their spells and I have no idea how to counter that. Maybe I should level up some more, getting above lvl 15 or something, but I honestly don't feel the motivation to get back to the main lands right now.

Prime Junta

Anyone else notice an annoying new bug introduced in 2.0? Sometimes one of those floating combat status things gets stuck on the screen (damage numbers, status effect etc), and only clears after quitting to desktop and restarting the game. Go Obsidian

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Anyone else notice an annoying new bug introduced in 2.0? Sometimes one of those floating combat status things gets stuck on the screen (damage numbers, status effect etc), and only clears after quitting to desktop and restarting the game. Go Obsidian
I got a number 9 stuck on screen right before fighting the messenger dragon, it prevented me from going downhill to meet him, party got stuck and cursor turned into red square which indicates not being able to move party.

Thought it was just my review copy being unpolished, turn out it's the same in final build. Luckily they did fix all those crashes :lol:

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
LoL this games is soooo dead,in a year time it will be like numanuma with 50 dudes playing it. I was curious if the dlc will sell a few copies but it seems that it is dead. I was expecting at least 5000 peak.

Here is the steam chart and it is pretty dire,for comparison the game had around 1700-1800 people 24 hours peak. It seems that the dlc is selling pretty poorly.

Screenshot_2018_8_4_Pillars_of_Eternity_II_Deadfire_Steam_Charts.png

I personally is waiting for all the DLCs and patches to come out before a replay. Could be that others are waiting too.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
They decided to completely disable the intro ship battle, LOL. Now the game just goes into the beach wreck after a few seconds.

Guess they just didn't want to keep dealing with all those WHERE IS EDER!?!?!?! posts from people who got him killed in the intro fight.

Also they apparently did this dirty cos I got flanked in the intro ship fight right before it triggered the scene override and the affliction got permanently stuck on my character. I had to download UnityConsole mod and remove it because the regular game console couldn't remove it.

EDIT: Are sand footprints not showing for anyone else? I have it ticked but they're not showing. Might be related to windowed mode because Unity uses really bad ways of windowing applications.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Oh yes, I had multiple of them floating through whole expansion right from the start

The messenger and some other folks were easy to defeat, what makes me problems are these ice monster things. They fuck me up in seconds with their spells and I have no idea how to counter that. Maybe I should level up some more, getting above lvl 15 or something, but I honestly don't feel the motivation to get back to the main lands right now.
Heavy armor or armor with high cold res + Druid's Weather the Storm would counter even potd crits. Their frost spells can have up to 16 pen if they crit. So you need 17 to protect yourself 100%. PoE lacks the uniform d&d system where mages, clerics & druids could all cast same protections, but you can just drink potion of Ironskin for example. It's same armor everywhere.

Last edited:
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
In my case just quitting to the main menu and reloading from there worked (reload from ingame wasn't enough though).

Shadenuat

Arcane
btw Nerisyclas has 5500 base hp.
in comparison, Firkraag had ~180.

and that's the only difficult part about her.

can't wait for their *mega-bosses* :M

Shadenuat

Arcane
Not 30 times more damage :M

eventually I just was laying my face on the keyboard and mumbling "r we there yet??" every minute or so

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
They might've overtuned her HP. That's why you have to wait for patches for the DLC as well as the main game.

Iskramor

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

Did they fix beastiary bug?? That shit was retarded as fuck. Showing boars and beatles stats before even attacking them lol.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom