Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Favorite Eurojank RPG

Favorite Eurojank

• Two Worlds II

• E.Y.E.: Divine Cybermancy

• Gothic 2

• Divinity II (NOT DIVINITY ORIGINAL SIN 2), incl. re-releases

• Risen

• Mars: War Logs

• Drakensang: TRoT

• Technomancer

• Elex

• Bound By Flame

• Demonicon

• Blackguards 1 & 2

• Other(I'm tired of making choices, leave a post)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
"Eurojank" is just one of those words people use to sound edgy. I can't take that shit seriously and I voted as if the title said "favorite european RPG?" .

It's not meant to be, though. Not all European games are Eurojank. It's just that European games, more often than American or Japanese games, have some serious lack of polish to them. At the very least, noticeably janky games that are also popular happen to be European.

Eurojank is also an affectionate term, as Eurojank games tend to be good as well.

epeli

Arcane
E.Ψ.Ǝ: Divine Cybermancy, while hardly an RPG, is THE quintessential eurojank title. Everything about it is janky in a peculiarly yuropean way. From gameplay quirks and questionable level design choices to the overdone stylized title (a random fucking greek letter just because it looks cool?) and from its overall unfinished feel to the "bad translation" which is actually perfectly inline with the original, equally janky, text.

Dodo1610

Arcane
Gothic 2 is not Eurojank, it's the most glorious action RPG ever made.
The Spellforce games even the 3rd one are great and underrated.
Is Demonicon any good I have read back in the day that it's trash.

Last edited:

newtmonkey

Arcane
There's nothing jank about Gothic 1&2 (especially 2).

I was triggered that the poll included Two Worlds 2 (which is merely competent and boring) instead of Two Worlds 1 (which is truly janky and awesome)

Codex Year of the Donut
Gothic 2 is not Eurojank, it's the most glorious action RPG ever made.
The Spellforce games even the 3rd one are great and underrated.
Is Demonicon any good I have read back in the day that it's trash.
if gothic 2 isn't eurojank then why did half the people vote for it as their favorite eurojank RPG?
checkmate

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Methinks Two Worlds 1 was far better and more fun than Oblivion.

Verily, the worst of Eurojanks is still better than the opus magnum of America's biggest RPG developper.

Last edited:

Hrymr

Educated
Gothic 2 shouldn't be compared with any of these games (no surprise that it's winning with overwhelming majority).

If we exclude it for that reason, then Drakensang gets my vote. Somehow it managed to be a pretty good game, despite the RTWP combat.

Durian Eater

Learned
Eurojank doesn't exist without bloated AAA budgets leaving AA European releases looking shoddy by comparison, and that wasn't an issue yet when Gothic 2 was released. Can you imagine Eurojank getting positive reviews in the gaming press? That alone means a game has avoided the label.

Unwanted

Micormic

Unwanted
  1. Two Worlds II
  2. Divinity II (NOT DIVINITY ORIGINAL SIN 2), incl. re-releases
  3. Risen
  4. Drakensang: TRoT

Those are the only ones I played on that list and they all suck.

mondblut

Arcane
"eurojank RPG" as in "tomb raider clones with 3 stats and some dialogue trees"? Why is Drakensang listed, it's an actual RPG, after all.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom