Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warframe

Efe

Erudite
low gravity terrible. hovering still high up is nice but doesn't seem useful on all maps
been a while since i played it but does her shield still only block projectile weapons?

Arnust

Savant
I'm pretty sure it's a "she". As for the passive, I myself do kinda like it as I love to do the glide shot thing and with the passive you don't just drop like a rock immediately, but I'm no expert, I haven't ploayed her much at all.

eklektyk

Erudite
while hydron and helene share many similarities - map and enemy type - what is important is diffrent lottable

defence tier 2 and tier 3 have a radically diffrent relics that drop on A A B C so many ppl choses neo's and axi'a over meso's and neo's

and i always was under impresion that zephyr was a He

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I'm pretty sure it's a "she".

Ah, another case of diversiteh, considering Zephyros was a god of wind. Apparently the buttload of wind goddesses that are out there wasn't enough for DE.

while hydron and helene share many similarities - map and enemy type - what is important is diffrent lottable

defence tier 2 and tier 3 have a radically diffrent relics that drop on A A B C so many ppl choses neo's and axi'a over meso's and neo's

I know but nobody EVER stays for the Axi relics on Hydron, everyone always fuck off after 10 rounds. Plus afaik it's not like Axi is more "valuable" than Lith, you kindda need all the types if you wanna put together something prime.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
So I have a dumb question. I've finally looked into Focus and realized almost all abilities are for the Operator only? Wtf? Does anyone ever fight with that squishy worm instead of their amazing frame?

Plus after everybody and their momma recommended Zanurik, I've picked it up during the War Within quest and now I see there are only 2 abilities that apply to my frame too, if I read it correctly - energy pickups which give extra energy regen, which is nice I suppose, and Inner Might which increases channeling efficiency which nobody ever uses.

Is there anything in those Focus trees that's actually useful if I don't wanna fight with my Operator ever? I have about 400k Zenurik points right now and I don't wanna just blow them all away on irrelevant stuff.

eklektyk

Erudite
zenurik is nice if you run energy hungry frame

i went against the meta flow and picked naramon first

it gives you nice bonuses to meee and finishers and boost to focus grind

but outside eidolon specific setups zenurik is most popular for ppl who have low resources and are always short on pizzas

since i run either rhino with guandao or other hybrid melee setups i feel that naramon suits me better - and i can aford ocassional thrown pizza...

as for 10 waves hydron - i usuallyy stay for full 20 since until 10 xp gains are dogshit

Gerrard

Arcane
So I have a dumb question. I've finally looked into Focus and realized almost all abilities are for the Operator only? Wtf? Does anyone ever fight with that squishy worm instead of their amazing frame?
Yeah, when you're doing some low level alert and it's a survival or some shit you get bored, might as well level those amps.
Doesn't help that the first amp you can build is a piece of shit though, as if the game didn't have enough traps for new players.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Yea Naramon and Life Strike are the big question marks for Melee 3.0.

While Zenurik is very popular, personally it's not my cup of tea. If I need energy, I have 200 energy pies along. I usually go with Naramon, but as said that is liable to change with melee 3.0. I've also got Madurai maxed too though, which is more of a universalist alternative to the more melee-specialized Naramon.

Wild Slop

Arcane
You people aren't :obviously: enough to understand the nuances of the greatest school of them all: Zenurik. Comparing it to energy pies? Heresy.

I admit Naramon deserves respect, Madurai too.

Word is the Acolytes are coming soon. Get ready for that .0000000001 % chance for Maiming Strike to drop boy! Your lucky day is coming I just know it.

*Yes, on Hydron and similar, it can very frustrating to want to go 4 rounds and have the puggles leave at the end of 1 or 2.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
*Yes, on Hydron and similar, it can very frustrating to want to go 4 rounds and have the puggles leave at the end of 1 or 2.

It's even more frustrating if the opposite happens. Yesterday I jumped into Mot to farm some Argons. It was grate, dudes were pretty kitted out, but after 15 minutes I had more argons than I could use so I asked how long they wanna go? One dude replied "forever". Another one seconded. I said aight twats, I parked my ass in a safe spot and went out to get some groceries. When I came back about 3/4 hour later they were still at it. Luckily at that moment a hotfix went out and they finally quit and let me have my argons. Safe to say imma never do a random public survival again.

Arnust

Savant
You could just agree to how long you're gonna be at the start and fuck off if it's not a good prospect. At leastyou didn't get a 10 year old yelling on voice chat that he wanted to leave Kuva Survival, for fifteen fucking minutes straight since Minute 5 still at Extraction. He stayed half an honor total, in the end. Got a lot of sweet Kuva, and I got a lot of earsore. Only found out that you can mute people next day with somebody blasting music.

Wild Slop

Arcane
, I parked my ass in a safe spot and went out to get some groceries. When I came back about 3/4 hour later they were still at it. Luckily at that moment a hotfix went out and they finally quit and let me have my argons. Safe to say imma never do a random public survival again.

Holy shit dude. I knew some people spent that kind of time in missions but to do that and not go as a private group...
I've had problems with shitheads not wanting to leave but that is demoralizing. No wonder the Stalker hates our kind so much. I would have been sure to add each of those guys to my block list in the hopes that I would never be grouped with them again.

Yes, things one can do is take some proactive steps to account for these types and either go private group, solo, or run a mission that can't go on forever or allows for you to exit without depending on THEM (looking for a trace mission in the void could be ideal so you get a payout of a relic part too).

Only found out that you can mute people next day with somebody blasting music.
haha

Right, the kind of person that thinks himself an amazing DJ and "blesses" the team with inspiring music... or the squealing brat, or the chip on the should know-it-all that rages at Bliblabubb (only we are allowed to do that :argh: )
I turned off coms for that reason. I have yet to use mics for clan purposes but did get a pretty good headset for other co-op games so I could if really wanted.

* I first read that as 3 - 4 hours later not 3/4ths, even so if intending to go longer than 20 mins it is just common courtesy make sure team knows about it.

Last edited:

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Right, the kind of person that thinks himself an amazing DJ and "blesses" the team with inspiring music

I don't mind the music since I have the music setting switched off since day 2 and play my own. But the blinding fucking effect of that stupid ball makes my blood boil. As if all the explosions, abilities, gunfire, mobs and other shit wasn't enough.

Gerrard

Arcane
I sold Maiming Strike like 2 weeks ago in preparation for new melee, it turned out better than expected.
:martini:
So this is how the happy merchants feel.

Last edited:

Arnust

Savant
Without much more context needed, out of these, where do you think would a potato be put? And by proxy, invest into?
- Tiberon Prime
- Ignis Wraith
- Amprex
- Simulor Synoid
- Scourge
- Javlok
- Gorgon Prisma
- Obex Prisma
- And other random crap you could think of.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I would say either Tiberon Prime or Amprex. Tib Prime is kind of like a universal assault rifle, it can go for either crit or stat proc build thanks to how its fire selector changes its stats. Amprex's chain attack is a very neat thing that can help with a lot of needs for clearing enemy groups, albeit it scales poorly to level 100 IMO.

I'm not too much of a fan of Ignis Wraith myself, but I can see the value in that, 29% stat chance with AoE is nothing to sneeze at.

Synoid Simulor used to be good at roomsweeping from hiding, but I find that sort of thing boring and IIRC it got nerfed.

The spearguns look nice, but in case of Javlok I feel the alt fire is near suicidal without Wukong or Nidus, and Javlok's basic fire is kinda clunky to me. Scourge just feels like somehow it's lacking in oomph when using it, like it should be hitting much harder than it does in practise.

Gorgon Prisma is a viable alternative to Soma Prime in case you want a bullet hose sort of primary. Main question is do you want one that looks like space Maxim or a rifle-lized space Chauchat.

Obex Prisma is kind of a mixed bag IMO. Sparring overall is a neglected type of melee, it lacks a good stance and it does poorly against large numbers of enemies while having little knock protection. Obex Prisma is one of the better Sparring weapons, but you kind of need to use them with Atlas for knock protection and even then I would say Kogake Prime easily remains the top dog Sparring weapon after Berserker kicks in.

EDIT: In regards to random crap tho, if you have any weapon category (assault rifle/shotgun/sniper rifle/etc) that doesn't have a weapon with formas and potatoes in, put it one of those. You never know when the game trolls you and slaps you Only This Weapon kind of condition for that type.

Arnust

Savant
I was kind of thinking on Obex Prisma, but I guess I could just wait for Melee 3.0 and see if that's worth it, and in the meantime Toblerone/Ignis > Amprex, albeit I do have to still rank them up from 0.

As for the Scourge, I do think it's quite punchy, and the alt fire ain't nothing to scoff at when it wants to work, but yeah, it's pretty far down in the priority list.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
My vote is for Ignis, this thing is incredible, at least up to the 3rd sortie stage. I haven't found many situations where it's not the most effective way of killing shit.

In general most of weps in WF remind me of the old joke - how do you kill a mosquito? Well you can catch it in the air, garb its wings and put a tiny drop of glue on its mouth so it slowly suffocates. Or, as an alternative, you can also just swat it.

That's my experience with shit like Grinlok, Marelok, the snipers and all the powerful single-shot rifles and pistols. You carefully aim, slowly position your reticle on that tiny, jerky, erratically moving head and BLAM, first shot misses, BLAM second shot in the body, BLAM third shot hits the head. Hurray, I've killed a baddie in just 5 seconds, I'm the gratest.

And meanwhile some dude with an Ignis melts a platoon in the same time. Same for the spinning whackos with Maiming Strike Orthos or Hysteria Valkyres with Galatine, zooming all over the map, moving down dozens while you fiddle with headshots. Like, what's even the point of using anything else.

Arnust

Savant
Well, for the brainless auto hold to win weapon I already do kind of have my Supra Vandal:
20180805233110_1.jpg
20180805233112_1.jpg
swedish_chef.jpg

It has virtually no recoil anymore and as it doesn't have natural spread without it, it's pretty damn perfect for it. Sometimes I even just press the steam overlay just right so that it keeps firing without clicking and it does little difference. Only missing a Prime Shred or maybe an even better Riven roll (not gonna gamble) for it to be as strong as it possibly can be.

Oh, and I'm making a Kavat now. Heard they're the one actually worthwhile companion under Sentinels, especially the one with the crazy crit buff.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom