Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Dawn of War tournament - itz DONE!

Dayyālu

Arcane
the italian strike continues unabated

Wait what? :rpgcodex:

:lol::lol::lol:

Commentary: second game was won straight and square, despite some initial fuck-ups with Scout harassment that became Cultist harassment as I countered aggressively. Cultist harassment?!?!?!

Third game I started to get bored and tired, and it shows. Poor Command Squad microing, and the FC lucked out a ton of times (particularly in the end) despite deso making a shitton of mistakes with his Tac squad blobs. A match of who fucked up less, in the end.

First game, well, Roxor will have to ask kindly to get the replay.

:lol:

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Dayyalu and I played.

http://www.aliendwarfare.at/public/codexlp/dow/2P_TRANQUILITYS_END.2018-08-04.15-44-45.rec
http://www.aliendwarfare.at/public/codexlp/dow/2P_BLOOD_RIVER.2018-08-04.15-54-24.rec

0.gif

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Also, this means there are 2 games left in division CHAD and 6 in division Virgin (2 if we disqualify Quatlo).

CHAD has ended with a three-way tie for both first places between me, Jaedar and Deso. And since it's a round robin of who won head to head against whom (I won vs chedderp, chedderp won vs deso, deso won vs me), it seems the only possible tiebreaker (other than 3x FFA which well nigga plz) is number of individual games lost.

Jaedar won 4 games 2-0, lost 1 2-1.
Deso won 3 games 2-0, won 1 2-1, lost 1 2-0.
I won 3 games 2-0, won 1 2-1, lost 1 2-0.

so it would appear Jaedar goes through from first place and Deso from second on account of winning against me head-to-head.

I am totally not upset about this at all
borealesad.jpg

In Virgin it looks like Reject's advance from the 1st place is now a given, but what do we have in that 2nd?

Should Quatlo be disqualified, there might be another three-way tie going for the 2nd place, between Bill, Snorkack and Hello Friend. That is, provided Snorkack and Bill win their remaining games vs a name.

what a time to be alive

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
desocupado see you in the final :)
Darth Roxor I :salute: my fallen opponent.

Three way tie is way more intense competition than I expected from chad division, well played by everyone.

Dayyālu

Arcane
Three way tie is way more intense competition than I expected from chad division, well played by everyone.

Srs nigga

The only surprising thing was deso getting a win out of Roxor, all the other matches were predictable as fuck and pretty much an exercise in futility

Had fun with the sparring, tho

Bocian

Arcane
Yea, Virgin games are the best.
They made me realize games can be played up to T4, if you continue to focus on decap and recap instead of pressing your advantage.
You sound like a preschool child when you're angry, the condescending laughter suits you a lot better. I think it'd be better for your mental health if you focused on commenting what's going on instead of being judgmental 100% of time.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
3x ffas arent very fun though

if anything, since there could be two 3-way ties in both divisions...

we should just do a 6x FFA. Let God sort this out
tumblr_mu3scjR7k01shaex9o1_250.gif

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin

Game 1 is pretty easy win for Jaedar. :1/5:

Game 2 was interesting but Stormcrow stuck too long with the same strat and could not adapt to Jaedar's counter response. :2/5:

Last edited:

Snorkack

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
What is this, I totally expected to see this tournament to be over by the time I'm back online. Now it's not just not over, I even have a realistic shot at a final placement. Anyways, I'm done wrestling bears in sweden but need 3 more days before I'm back at my computer and able to play games.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom