Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Monster Hunter World - G-rank edition. Now on PC.

deama

Prophet
Not sure about this one. I'm no fan of bullet sponginess, and that's what I'm seeing in every vid of this to the extreme. (also slow ass combat anims and such)

Is there a high skill ceiling/some clever ways to play to mitigate this?
You can speedhack it if it's too slow for you.
That's what I done in freedom unite and it worked fine.

Last edited:

Perkel

Arcane
Just wanted to pop in to say this game is amazing and I'm so glad we finally have a Monster Hunter on PC. I'm having such a blast with.
WTF ?? Someone genuinely enjoying games on my codex!

Wasn't that the case with first Dark Souls thread when PC version got released ?
I think venn diagram of people playing MHW will cover pretty much with people playing DS here.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Trying to make an Anja weapon before even moving to the second area, but after I killed him once I haven't seen him show up again since. Is he guaranteed to show up as an extra monster on certain quests, or is this some ecology thing where killing side monsters puts them on a cooldown for a while so you don't see them right after you killed them?

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
The Handler makes autism sexy.

I am in high rank now and absolutely destroying the dinosaurs. This game feels easier than MH4U.

Dyskolos

Cipher
For people with nVidia cards having framerate issues, it might be worth rolling back from the latest 'gameready' drivers (398.82, which were ostensibly released to improve MH performance) to the last WHQL driver (398.36).
l

I'll second this. Mine on the same card was a good 20% jump, plus greater consistency.

Jinn

Arcane
Mate you haven't seen shit. Just wait till we get G-expansion and people will cry hugging each other finally beating XYZ monster. :D

Are you new to MH ?

Somewhat new. I've played a bit of Portable 3rd and Tri, but haven't done any co-op until now.

WTF ?? Someone genuinely enjoying games on my codex!

Yeah, I happen to do that quite often. I guess I don't have that codex edge deep down that makes me either dislike most everything, or feel the need to appear that I dislike most everything.

Last edited:
Trying to make an Anja weapon before even moving to the second area, but after I killed him once I haven't seen him show up again since. Is he guaranteed to show up as an extra monster on certain quests, or is this some ecology thing where killing side monsters puts them on a cooldown for a while so you don't see them right after you killed them?
They appear quite often on expeditions. Have you tried those?

Perkel

Arcane

Imho wait till you get quest on him. While it is fine to hunt any monster you want you are missing quest rewards and those usually have a lot of parts.

Still my best time in MHW was when i with friend just went on expeditions and hunted everything we could spending hours there.

Damned Registrations

Every time I've fought him on an expedition the fucker has ran away before I could finish him off. And I know getting a request for him will have more rewards, I just wanted to sequence break for the hell of it. I always wanted to do that in MHFU but Tigrex was a motherfucker.

Perkel

Arcane
http://steamspy.com/app/582010

Owners: 2,000,000 .. 5,000,000

Cacpcocm rolling in dough. Hopefully this means Capcom won't delay G-expansion for PC like they did with normal release.

edit:

broke also 300 000 concurrent players at same time sitting at 324k right now. It needs only about 30k to beat GTA5 most concurrent players ever. Which is crazy considering this is GTA5 100mln seller.

Constant disconnects are annoying as fuck, so people are review bombing the game.

I hate people. Solo any good?

Solo is perfectly fine for most of the content. You'll also learn more by playing alone than by relying on other people. It is genuinely fun to go on expeditions with friends, though. I couldn't care less for randoms.

Perkel

Arcane
Only scores 50% though.

Probably they never expected to sell anything close to 1mln in first 3 days so they probably didn't scale well servers.I remember on PS4 also having issues at start.

Other huge thing is Nvidia released "monster hunter ready" drivers that cut performance in half. People with 980Ti got like 20fps lol @ 1080p.

Last edited:

Shackleton

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
http://steamspy.com/app/582010

Owners: 2,000,000 .. 5,000,000

Cacpcocm rolling in dough. Hopefully this means Capcom won't delay G-expansion for PC like they did with normal release.

edit:

broke also 300 000 concurrent players at same time sitting at 324k right now. It needs only about 30k to beat GTA5 most concurrent players ever. Which is crazy considering this is GTA5 100mln seller.

Perhaps this could mean....

Dragon's Dogma 2?!

Let's face it, there must be a heck of a crossover between MH players and DD players. It's not too far fetched.

Yeah right, Capcom could make more money than Apple and they'd still leave that particular itch unscratched.

Lazing Dirk

Arcane
It needs only about 30k to beat GTA5 most concurrent players ever.

JDskTdF.png

And that's just today. Was there supposed to be an asterisk at the end of your sentence? I know it apparently holds the concurrency record now for a Japanese game. I'm assuming you're not talking about potato records either.

Edit: Game is pretty fun by the way, aside from multiplayer retardedness and overloaded servers in the evening.

The Fish

Arcane
Just finished a 50 hour binge. Managed to kill Xeno'jiiva, soloed everything. Thank fuck this game isn't longer because I don't want to lose a week or more of my life to this.

Is there any worthwhile content after the final boss?

Shackleton

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I'm playing it, but it hasn't sucked me in. Kind of took a chance on a game genre I'm not that familiar with.

Lots of nice details in the game, great graphics, detailed world, but the gameplay loop will get real tiring, soon enough. The hunts are each ~10-20 mins, so far, and the rewards for those hunts are pretty uninspiring. All in service of incredibly slight upgrades to existing equipment.

Just wanted to say I was feeling a bit like this...

Until I tried HAMMERTIME! (Doooo do do do-doo, dah da-dah, you can't touch this.)

God, what an awesome weapon. The feel of swinging an enormous chunk of metal/bone/feathers and clonking your prey on the noggin is unmatched. I've gone from being a bit 'meh' about the hunts when I started with my longsword, to not being able to wait to play again to do some more bashing. Makes me want to re-roll and make an MC Hammer look-alike.

:dance:

vonAchdorf

Arcane
God, what an awesome weapon. The feel of swinging an enormous chunk of metal/bone/feathers and clonking your prey on the noggin is unmatched. I've gone from being a bit 'meh' about the hunts when I started with my longsword, to not being able to wait to play again to do some more bashing. Makes me want to re-roll and make an MC Hammer look-alike.

One the consoles, you can buy a coupon (first is free) to redesign your character. I don't see that on Steam though.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
I love the art design in this game. Everything, from the achievement icons to the armor and weapons and of course the environments follows a great style.

Damned Registrations

I want to like the longsword and be a total weeb, but these weapons where you need to do some huge combo to deal real damage are annoying. It feels like I am meant to build up on some small fry corpse and then go into the real fight. Which would be dumb.

Lance is op with counter attack and tons of mobility. Maybe I will try dual swords, they were my fave in the original.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom