Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Which RPG do you have greater expectations for?

Which RPG do you have greater expectations for

• Total voters

M. AQVILA

Arcane
Pathfinder sounds more interesting with the D&D like rule set and the building your kingdom mechanic, but it's infested with SJW ideas so idk.

Neanderthal

Arcane
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment. Gird your loins and harden your mind for all rpgs now are but tales told by an idiot, full of sound and fury signifying nothing.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Black Dick looks like discount PoE1, while Cuckmaker looks like discount Torchlight. While Torchlight looks like discount in general. There is no hope while we walk this earth.

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
The second coming of the Golden Baby will cleanse this desolate world with its purifying light that spreads incline and scatters popamolers and pretend RPGs like vampires fleeing from sunlight.

qzn81s.png

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Pessimists are sometimes (on rare occasions) pleasantly surprised.

Hence, I expect nothing and quietly expand my GOG library of oldies but godies. They cost almost nothing and provide pure enjoyment.

Let these new developpers surprise me if they can.

P.S. I must say however, that Assassin's Creed Origins was unexpectably decent action rpg-lite. Certainly, I did not see that coming, especially from the likes of ubisoft!

Self-Ejected

Harry Easter

Self-Ejected
I think Kingmaker will be at least decent. Decent quests, decent combat, decent companions, decent sales. As long as it doesn't turn into a bugfest, it will be alright.

Black Geyser tough ... it would really suprise me, if this turns out to be good. I believe that the developers do their best, but when I read the writing ... ho boy. Nope, Kingmaker wins this round.

Last edited:

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Pathfinder: Kingmaker for me, but only because I've played the tabletop version twice now and never got past the first few levels before the group disbanded due to real life issues. I'm guessing this game will be the closest I'll ever get to being a player that will actually complete the campaign.

By the way, my second and favorite character during the tabletop game was when I played a bastard child of a nobleman. I was the bitter fire mage supporting his paladin half-brother to earn his place in the world and establish his own territory. Both were looking for a place for themselves in the world, after their oldest, asshole brother was given claim to their father's title upon the patriarch's death. I doubt this game will capture the fun experience we had with the tabletop... :( But maybe it will have its moments. The two brothers were joined by several other players that were either loyal retainers or criminals given this task in order to have their sentences commuted.

Big Wrangle

Black Geyser is a masterpiece in the making, the pinnacle of a B-RPG that will change the landscape forever.

Roqua

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual In My Safe Space
I had great expectations for Red Hand of Doom but the codex rat finks ruined that for everyone that both likes rpgs and has good taste.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Kingmaker? Maybe?. I haven't followed either. I might buy them at full price if the reviews here are good. But then the Codex did a revised review of POE based on the final build of the game (which was my initial playthrough of it) and you dicks said it was ok - and I thought it was utter shit. W2 was ok, but nowhere near as good as F1&2 and I'm so traumatised by it all (and the money I sunk into all 3 titles) that I still can't bring myself to play TTON; because I heard that was shit as well.

So screw it all - I need counseling. My world view is shattered. The only thing that can restore it now is Tim Cain and Leonard Boyarsky and possibly InXile if they get their shit together.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom