Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Play VtM: Warsaw by Night - Chapter 3

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Come on, the Kodeks Kritikal Konsenzus told you the book is shit, and you're still wasting time with it? Don't you trust random strangers on the internet our impeccable taste?

Did it? I never asked the Kodeks for it's Kritikal Konsenzus on Martin's work. And I'm not wasting my time with it at present. I WAS wasting my time with it last week. Presently I'm wasting my time with translating much worse stuff into Polish, in order to earn jewgo nazigold. But since it's so much less interesting than "A Song of Ice and Fire", it's much easier for me to find the time needed to pen an update :smug:

On that note,

Chapter Five (part one)

Vidal excused himself as soon as evening came, claiming it was his turn to man the Abbey. Most members of the Bishop’s coven were indeed required to take turns at being on standby there, Vidal included, so that might have even been true. Even more so, given how easy it was to verify the schedule. The Jester didn’t seem to be surprised either. With the other Abyss Mystic out of the way, you got down to business.

The pack took the news of the coming mission well. Just as you planned they would. You painted Lange as a high-ranking, high-risk target, knowing any true Cainite’s pride would do the rest. You even played the necessity of capturing the Tremere alive to your advantage. You allowed your face to show a hint of doubt whether the Bloody Jester’s licks would manage to do so. Before long, they nearly tripped over themselves while boasting how adept at capturing Camarilla they were. Mike even found some stakes and the pack merrily started sharpening them.

The nomads also loved your idea of recreational activities. The Bishop had promised to inform you beforehand of Lange’s arrival. He had also warned you: “They are getting restless”. Add to that the need to test the pack’s combat prowess and your need to… make up for the first impression you made, and it was obvious what to suggest.

The customary feast that would your little woodland foray was also an important consideration. With that kind of action offered, the Bloody Jester could hardly refuse you a fifth of the Kine’s vitae. That wouldn’t be quite enough to satiate you, not after your fight with Vidal and after arising this evening, but you were sure you would manage.

As Bernarde went to fetch the pack’s van and the others were prepping their weapons, you searched your backpack for the first of your blood bags. Sleeping bag, flashlight, hunting knife, pottery shard, spare sunglasses, there! A plastic bag filled with delicious vitae, not with the odious mass of concentrated blood cells the Regional Blood Bank was preparing for all the hospitals in the city. As you gobbled it up hungrily, the honking of a car horn came from the nearby road. The van was there.

You did not expect the sand to be so irritating. Actually, you should have. The forest roads found in the Masovian Landscape Park were definitely not fit for regular traffic. The van dragging you was managing pretty well despite the sand though. If only the bloody thing had the decency of sticking to the ground, instead of getting inside your clothes!

That was the price you had to pay for survival, though. Having enhanced your senses, you could hear the heartbeat of deer, or the sound of feet on the ground, but you had to endure a heightened skin sensitivity too. That price, however, was well worth it. The Masovian Landscape Park, a stretch of forest the size of several cities, adjacent to Warsaw from the southeast, had been anathema to vampires for ages. And, much like the Kampinos National Park to the west, it had surprisingly endured all attempts of deforestation.

Even the declaration of wildlife preserves in these forests came as a surprise to Warsaw’s vampire population. Have the beasts learned to protect their hunting grounds with pen as well as with fang and claw? You wonder. But then, a piercing howl ends all such thoughts. It came from your left, from the direction opposite to where the van’s headed. Having learned how canny the beasts can be all the way back in the States , you resist the urge to focus on that direction. Instead, you tightly grip the shotgun Harley lent you, and eye all directions nervously.

Behind you, in the van’s open door, the pack is loudly cheering your balls. They’re all armed to the teeth too, naturally. In this little game they are the hunters and you are the bait. Of course this is the only type of hunt where the bait has a chance of survival directly proportional to the caliber of the gun it carries. Yours, you think, isn’t half bad.

Then you see them. Three black-shifting-to-red auras converging on the van. Just as you expected, two of them are visible to your right, and only one, the howler’s, can be found to your left. They are still way too far for a reliable shot, even if one wouldn’t count all the trees obscuring the line of sight. They will, you realize, get quite close to the van before they actually come into view. You pray to Caine it won’t be close enough for them to attack immediately. But you can’t be sure of that. At least your aural perception will warn you just before they decide to lunge at you.

You're sure the Lupines would be hard pressed to keep up with the van on a decent asphalt or even concrete road. But the sandy shit here allows them to catch up easily. Two slavering werewolves burst through the undergrowth some ten metres behind the van, their hulking, three-metre forms clearly visible in the moonlight. You open fire, and the pack, as one, follows.

Esquilax

Arcane
:yeah:

Fuck yes. Now all we have to do is not die. There's been references to Richard's experiences in the States several times now. It seems as if he spent more time Stateside than he has in Europe. How long was he over there and what did he do there? I understand if you want to wait a bit before revealing that info though.

Oh yeah, and I'm in agreement with oscar: you stopped at the best part!

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
There's been references to Richard's experiences in the States several times now. It seems as if he spent more time Stateside than he has in Europe. How long was he over there and what did he do there? I understand if you want to wait a bit before revealing that info though.

Not at all. I can give you some bits and pieces. Richard is an English Lasombra, and if grotsnik would allow me to be so bold, I would like him to be a childe of Bishop Dubrik :smug: He was a bookworm there for quite some time, but he did travel to the U.S. to take part in the Eastern Seabord Crusades of 1999. While there, he was serving under the command of Archbishop and then Cardinal of the Eastern Seabord, Francisco Domingo de Polonia. In a much more junior capacity than presently though. He was in New York when the city fell to the Camarilla, and it was there where he had his duel with Maximilian Strauss. Though he ultimately lost, he managed to keep Strauss out of the greater picture long enough for the Sabbat to regroup and avoid a complete rout.

Oh yeah, and I'm in agreement with oscar: you stopped at the best part!

:troll:

Esquilax

Arcane
Not at all. I can give you some bits and pieces. Richard is an English Lasombra, and if grotsnik would allow me to be so bold, I would like him to be a childe of Bishop Dubrik :smug: He was a bookworm there for quite some time, but he did travel to the U.S. to take part in the Eastern Seabord Crusades of 1999. While there, he was serving under the command of Archbishop and then Cardinal of the Eastern Seabord, Francisco Domingo de Polonia. In a much more junior capacity than presently though. He was in New York when the city fell to the Camarilla, and it was there where he had his duel with Maximilian Strauss. Though he ultimately lost, he managed to keep Strauss out of the greater picture long enough for the Sabbat to regroup and avoid a complete rout.

:yeah:

I had Richard Morris pegged as some sort of Victorian-era occult scholar/Freemason type. A lot different than Dubrik (or at least, from what little Anthony Sommers knows of him). Anywho, the pack seems extremely BRO so far, am looking forward to getting close to them. I am sure a few of them will die during this expedition, but that's the whole point of testing their combat readiness. If they can survive a trip into werewolf country, they can stake some Cammie who isn't expecting it. I hope I'm getting the names and the clans of the pack right:

Bloody Jester/Joker: Malk pack ductus.
Harley: Malk, Jester's childe.
Sven: Tzimisce pack priest.
Karl: Gangrel
Mike: Brujah
Bernarde: Brujah, Mike's childe.

Out of all of these individuals, I think that Karl and Sven will be the most important in ensuring we make it out in one piece. Animalism, Auspex and Protean will be essential in navigating our way through the forest. AFAIK, Lupines are immune to mental effects while raging. Much like a Codexer, nothing gets through to them.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
What, why did you stop right when those stinking wyrm-tainted abominations are going to be slaughtered for their trespassing Morris is about to pull the manliest suicide in VtM LP history?

Eat lead furfags :smug:
The smug face lasts about the same time it takes to realize bullets just tickle werewolves. :M

opium fiend

Augur
Me too, I hate how powerful werewolves are in VTM. Whatever happens, FFS, just move the damn story on.

(that's the irritating part of getting into let's plays like this one, you read 12 pages, get stoked and then get blueballed)

edit: consider the above a compliment, Storyfag. I quite like your writing.

CappenVarra

phase-based phantasmist
Patron
So the moon is full (if you look outside), and Sunday means time for writing is available. But there is no update yet, huh?

:rpgcodex:

In the beginning, there was only the void. Cold oily black, solitary.

Then things happened - and it gets all kinds of complicated - but the void was still there, tucked away in inscrutable corners of your soul. You are a vessel for the omnipotent shadow that has always protected you, fought for you, and provided strength where you were weak.

Then the rope snapped.

You are carried roughly through the brush. A helpless piece of dead meat, gripped in unyielding claws. You try to focus and summon a comforting blanket of darkness. A piece of the shadow that is your soul to protect you, fight for you, and provide strength where you are weak. But things are happening too fast, and your mind is like a panicked animal, throwing itself against the cage in futile self-infliction. The dark blood inside you pulses and screams; but instead of forming a mighty burst of unholy power, it wastes itself by racing from small wound to small wound, curling up in balls and knots, looking for a way out into the night.

A word echoes through the darkness, filling it with scorching being. Three streams of silver burn their way through the shadowy crevices unexplored for centuries; pulsing with lunar power, beating a primal rhythm in tribute to the shining face of the mad goddess above. Reflectionless secrets tucked behind labyrinthine walls are brought screaming into the light; upturned grues helpless to shrink away from seeking yellow eyes, then burned away by the mad laughter of moonlight. Milky tentacles of otherness creep ever deeper, and the dark vase overfloweth.

In the end, there is only the word, repeated into white infinity:

'YiffYiffYiffYiffYiffYiffYiffYiffYiffYiffYiffYiffYiffYiffYiffYiffYiffYiffYiffYiffYiffYiffYiff'

:rpgcodex:

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Within the endless dark of the Abyss, a shadow darker yet stirs. Ancient and timeless, hovering at the edge of your perception, it beckons. Uneasy, you take a step forward, then another one. The shadow, vaguely humanoid, extends a hand in your direction.

Do you:
A) accept the hand
B) ignore the shadow

Last edited:

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
I cannot believe I never saw this mother fucking LP before.

In that case, have you seen my inspiration?

In any case, voting close, A takes it.

Means the LP will arise from torpor as if nothing ever happened ^^ Or mayhap there shall be Shenanigans(tm).

Paging other reachable participants: grotsnik Gondolin Vaarna_Aarne skuphundaku laclongquan oscar Azael JagreenLern CappenVarra Sergiu64 SCO Darth Roxor Smashing Axe Lambchop19

In b4 abandoned before 4th update

oscar

Arcane
A. Gonna need to re-read this all but the imagery of the most recent scene has stuck in my head for years. Even if we die hell of a way to go and why the Sabbat are just plain cooler than those boring Camarilla nerds :salute:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom