Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News The Waylanders is a historical time travel RPG inspired by Dragon Age: Origins

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
This could be entertaining, or an entertaining trainwreck. Either way we win.

M. AQVILA

Arcane
Sounds interesting. It has potential if they indeed base it on NWN2 and DAO. Either way it can't possibly be worse than the PoE games or any of the other nubsidian games.

If this was made by actual Galician developers ala Kingdom Come it would be worth checking at least; but this looks like a cross breed between DAO and Amalure and done by this hack Lewdlow too boot.

:killit:

I see what you did there Comissar. I guess playing EU4 isn't completely useless after all.

Lambach

Arcane

"HEALER
The healer is a caster that focuses on healing."
f664d68929b8e4b06d803ec6a3df0475

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
If this were a higher profile game it could probably garner free publicity just from the historical thing since the spaniards were responsible for most of the genocides and shit that happened during colonization.

"In This Racist RPG You're Forced To Play A Supporting Role In The Genocidal Period Of Spanish Colonization"

"Here's Why This RPG Is Problematic"

"This RPG Fails To Deliver Not Only On Historical Accuracy But On All Fronts"

"This Problematic RPG From Spain Enforces 'Observational Racism': Here's Why"

ArchAngel

Arcane
What is "historical" about this again? I don't think it means what they think it means.
It's historical fantasy, like Darklands.
Namedropping DAO and NWN2 when talking about RTwP RPG in a historical setting without mentioning Darklands was disturbing indeed.
People are still deluded enough to think anyone outside Codex knows about existence of Darklands?
Nwn is probably unknown to people by now or they are thinking about that mmo nwn..

Just signed up so I can call this now as proof of my unbelievably prophetic gift. Given the present state of gaming development, certain social trends and the... Bioware-ian... inclusivity influence:
  • The player will be capable of romancing party members.
  • One party member will be a ravishing woman in the earlier period who is featured prominently in promotional material as the game continues to develop.
  • That same character will be "awakened" in the body of a (gasp!) man in the future!
How amazing! Such depth! Can true love conquer all? Will you be able to overcome your innate homophobia given that the burly fellow now at your side is actually a woman inside?!!!!?!

Modron

Arcane
I should think Neverwinter Nights the MMO is much more obscure than the Bioware game.
Nwn mmo is newer f2p game. It is pretty sure more people played that game.
I think he means the original 1991 Neverwinter Nights http://www.mobygames.com/game/dos/neverwinter-nights_ mmo not the newer freemium Neverwinter game arch.

The original Neverwinter Nights was so important it was included in that classic Don't Copy that Floppy video.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom