Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Realms Beyond: Ashes of the Fallen - Chaos Chronicles reborn and dead again

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Here's that blog post: https://www.realms-beyond.com/realms-beyond-at-the-gamescom-indie-arena-booth-a-slice-of-fantasy/

Realms Beyond at the Gamescom Indie Arena Booth – A Slice of Fantasy
August 22, 2018

We’ve been at Gamescom for three days now and have now finally found the time for an official update and announcement. It has been a busy three days for us, and the remaining days of Gamescom are promising to be just as busy.

It all started with turning a humble little exhibiton booth into a window to another world. We’ve worked for nine hours and had to crawl through two dungeons before we had acquired enough loot to turn this…

IMG_20180820_100004-300x225.jpg

… into this:

IMG_20180820_185133-300x225.jpg

Sadly, the undead kitty had to leave her prime position and found a new home on top of the shelf. It hasn’t knocked anything over yet.

Some work in progress shots from Monday:

IMG_20180820_125133-300x225.jpg

IMG_20180820_132152-300x225.jpg

And the booth in its final form, along with the party of four that will guide you through the magical Realms Beyond if you approach their booth and dare to take a step into another world:

IMG-20180822-WA0017-300x169.jpg

IMG-20180822-WA0018-300x169.jpg

Peter (programmer, party leader & guy for everything), Tim (level designer), Alexis (marketer, booth designer, booth babe & girl for everything) and Frank (writer) will gladly answer any questions you have about the game. In addition, any visitors who are interested in backing our Kickstarter will receive a special gift voucher containing a unique code. If you back us during the Kickstarter campaign and redeem the code, you will be able to choose between having a photo of you turned into an NPC portrait, naming an item or a tavern, or having a gravestone with your name and epitaph appear in the game. So come along to our booth and grab one as long as supplies last!

Which brings us to the final part of this post, our grand announcement:

Realms Beyond will be launching a Kickstarter campaign in October 2018!
We will reveal more information about the campaign once Gamescom is over and we’ve had a chance to catch our breaths. Stay tuned!

And before closing this post, we’d like to offer a heartfelt thank you to all the visitors to our booth who showed interest and asked questions about our game. There were hundreds of you, and it was a joy to show our game to each and every one of you. We’re ready to receive hundreds more in the coming days, so don’t hesitate – pay us a visit and let us guide you through the Realms Beyond!

BEvers

I'm forever blowing
Anyway it's nice of him to tweet it out, a lot of his followers will be D&D fans.

BEvers

I'm forever blowing
RPGWatch is the first english site that mentions Realms Beyond! Hopefully there will be many more to come.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Nah you miss understood, first part is courtesy and part after 'if' is his opinion

Yeah, seeing it's Sawyer you can translate that to "realms beyond looks pretty sweet if you like crap" or "good for what it is" at best.
Hey, not anyone can create a fantastic new system from scratch, Mr. Sawyer.

I'm pretty sure there's a word for this kind of ...conditional praise, when you're trying to say something nice but it just ends up sounding demeaning. It's escaping me at the moment, though.

BEvers

I'm forever blowing
They have won the "Best Booth Award"! Well deserved!

Last edited:

Big Wrangle

I'm pretty sure there's a word for this kind of ...conditional praise, when you're trying to say something nice but it just ends up sounding demeaning. It's escaping me at the moment, though.
Damn with faint praise, I believe.

:Flash:

Arcane
HobGoblin42 has kept up quite well. The last time I saw a photo of him must have been around the time of the release of Knights and Merchants and he didn't look much younger back then.

BEvers

I'm forever blowing
Myrthos from RPGWatch has written up a short report.

I also got to spent over an hour with @HobGoblin42, who showed me Realms Beyond. That is some massive game they are making, inspired by a large variety of games, like Ultima 7, Arcanum, Pool of Radiance, Baldur’s Gate and more.
They still have a lot to do, which is why they will have the Kickstarter, so they can pay writers, to make the world come to life more. He also gave me a cool gift, 10 of them even, related to the Kickstarter of their game, which we will be giving away before it starts, so you can’t use it in the Kickstarter to get a reward from a higher tier, while paying ‘only’ for the game.
Anyway, this is definitely a very promising game.

It seems that RPGWatch will be giving away 10 of the "have a spell named after you" keys on their site soon :cool:

AbounI

Colonist
Patron
It would be cool if JarlFrank could give too some "have a spell named after you" keys to us. I got in my reserve a very funny idea...

Big Wrangle

No matter how shit you feel about your spell name, always remember it's at least not this one.

BEvers

I'm forever blowing
PC Games report http://www.pcgames.de/Realms-Beyond-Spiel-61445/News/kickstarter-rollenspiel-indie-1263588/

23.08.2018 um 18:12 Uhr von Andreas Bertits - Das deutsche Indie-Studio Ceres Games kündigte eine Kickstarter-Kampagne für das Pillars-of-Eternity-ähnliche Rollenspiel Realms Beyond an. Die Kampagne soll im Oktober starten und wer sich für das klassische und taktische RPG interessiert, dann kann dessen Entwicklung dann finanziell unterstützen.

Das Rollenspiel Realms Beyond macht einen vielversprechenden Eindruck. Es möchte Elemente aus der Ultima-Reihe mit Das Schwarze Auge: Schicksalsklinge und den AD&D-Gold-Box-Spielen wie Pools of Radiance mischen und erinnert grafisch etwas an Pillars of Eternity oder Baldur's Gate.

Kickstarter-Kampagne von Realms Beyond soll Finanzierung sichern

Ihr erlebt ein episches Abenteuer in einer klassischen Fantasywelt, die an Dungeons & Dragons angelehnt ist. Gekämpft wird rundenweise und ihr müsst jede Menge Quests erledigen. Ihr steuert eine Heldengruppe, bei der ihr jeden einzelnen Charakter individuell verbessern könnt. Die Entwickler machen große Fortschritte und präsentierten ihr Werk sogar auf der gamescom. Doch nun soll eine Kickstarter-Kampagne gestartet werden, um die weitere Entwicklung des RPGs zu finanzieren.

Details gibt es noch keine, jedoch ist der Start der Kampagne für Oktober geplant. Dies dürfte für alle interessant sein, die sich für klassische Rollenspiele der Marke Baldur's Gate interessieren.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom