Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Realms Beyond: Ashes of the Fallen - Chaos Chronicles reborn and dead again

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Which one of those soy boys is that HobGoblin42 cuck?

Realms-Beyond-1.jpg

Tim Drude, Peter Ohlmann (Managing Directors), and your’s truly (Social Media Manager)

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Sure, but what exactly do you expect them to write on the small leaflet regarding level design? Explore meticulously crafted dungeons and solve puzzles?

BEvers

I'm forever blowing
Has it been decided who is going to answer our questions about the game here? Is Alexia going to post here?

Roqua

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual In My Safe Space
Has it been decided who is going to answer our questions about the game here? Is Alexia going to post here?

If she is the lady in the picture above I hope not for her sake. She looks too nice to have her soul destroyed.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
From RPGWatch:

RealmsBeyond-Flyer2018.jpg

No bard or sorcerer? I hope maybe more classes and prcs are a stretch goal?
I think they said the base game may contain only these 9 classes (all with their corresponding prestige classes) while other classes like bard would eventually come later.
That + prestige classes. Though I dunno how you can be more prestigious than a barbarian.

bardbarian?
That's just a grumpy skald.

BEvers

I'm forever blowing
Without bards and multclasses, I hope it will have some good magic warrior-like prestige classes :obviously:

Roqua

Prospernaut
Without bards and multclasses, I hope it will have some good magic warrior-like prestige classes :obviously:

Are you sure there is no multiclassing? If not, I really, really hope that's stretch goal.

ArchAngel

Arcane

Are you sure there is no multiclassing? If not, I really, really hope that's stretch goal.
No multiclassing is best way to have your players scream "Fuck you!" after playing that pure Fighter for 15 levels or so :D
If they were only smarter and went for Pathfinder rules instead...

AbounI

Colonist
Patron
From RPGWatch:

RealmsBeyond-Flyer2018.jpg

No bard or sorcerer? I hope maybe more classes and prcs are a stretch goal?
I think they said the base game may contain only these 9 classes (all with their corresponding prestige classes) while other classes like bard would eventually come later.
That + prestige classes. Though I dunno how you can be more prestigious than a barbarian.

Well, it's quite easy. You can be a fucking retarted SJW. You'll be fi sure more prestigious than a barbarian ! :M

Roqua

Prospernaut
They talked about no multiclassing and why on their forums: https://www.realms-beyond.com/forum/index.php?topic=109

We will have prestige classes but not multi-classing. You can create your party with up to 6 members (covering 6 different classes) and multi-classing would be just too much extra development effort to implement.

Thank you for the reply. Their reasoning is dumb. Multiclassing is a core feature. Tim Caine did it with barely any money and the shortest dev cycle in the history of game development.

This is from their forum-
We will have prestige classes but not multi-classing. You can create your party with up to 6 members (covering 6 different classes) and multi-classing would be just too much extra development effort to implement.

Since the only roadblock to adding this core, critical feature is effort - hopefully it will be a stretch goal that gets funded. Otherwise it will be more like POR:ROMD than ToEE.

EDIT - they said 6 classes and now there is 9. If they increased the classes by 50% they can add a core function of 3.5e. One of the functions that made it so good.

Last edited:

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
It is rather puzzling. Maybe they built the d20 system in such a way that it's not trivial, but in ToEE it was a relatively simple feature codewise.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom