Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

ArchAngel

Arcane
I think I am going to play this one without waiting for patches because it is only fair so I can compare with my PoE1 playthrough right after release.

Draugir101

Novice
do anyone know if it is possible to dual class or take levels in different classes, similar to DnD v 3.5? I always enjoyed the possibility to make different class combination in NWN2, and am a bit worried if it will be available in Kingmaker. Also it looks like there are just way too many classes.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
do anyone know if it is possible to dual class or take levels in different classes, similar to DnD v 3.5? I always enjoyed the possibility to make different class combination in NWN2, and am a bit worried if it will be available in Kingmaker. Also it looks like there are just way too many classes.

Yes, though multiclassing and prestige classes are generally rarer in Pathfinder due to base classes getting stronger bonuses and incentives from continued investment.

Barbarians, for example, have a lot of incentive to pump barbarian levels to get more rage powers.

Tao

Savant
There is really no point multiclasssing in PF. You can do it and someone said before that Mystic Theurge will be a Class so there is you dual caster.

Personally i'm dissapointed Arcanist is not in the game (or exploit wizard archetype). It's imo along the magus one of the coolest classes PF has

CaesarCzech

Scholar
There is really no point multiclasssing in PF. You can do it and someone said before that Mystic Theurge will be a Class so there is you dual caster.

Personally i'm dissapointed Arcanist is not in the game (or exploit wizard archetype). It's imo along the magus one of the coolest classes PF has

in Neverwinter Night 1 You could go up to level 40 Which made 20 fighter/20 wizard ernjoyable as hell. Rather than boss fight There were Kaiju fights. Hit Spell barrage tank some hit and FINISH HIM.

Dorateen

Arcane
It's funny how developers these days want to make the player pay gold or mercenary tokens to create a custom party. But they would never dare implement training halls that require paying to level up, which would frighten casuals who have never seen a real computer role-playing game with such a feature (SSI Gold Box, Might & Magic, and others).

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Art director:

b7cb784ea3128716d732fdc74fc79a8b894e8c6b.jpg

CaesarCzech

Scholar
It's funny how developers these days want to make the player pay gold or mercenary tokens to create a custom party. But they would never dare implement training halls that require paying to level up, which would frighten casuals who have never seen a real computer role-playing game with such a feature (SSI Gold Box, Might & Magic, and others).

Hell i mean It makes sense to switch it, If you are hiring mercenaries why are you having single time payment ? Rather than steady slow payment ? it makes sense to be able to take someone onto party without paying, there certainly are kids wanting to go on adventure in fantasy worlds and there certainly will be adventures looking for new party, by contrast paying for levelup makes sense as while you have experience you need time to apply it level up payment is essentially simulation of character drilling tricks he learned because you cant exactly train on monsters even if you figured out the tricks. Hell even if you take system of arcanum or others where you level up normally but when you want to move in skills from Beginner to Proficient etc, in which case you can gain experience but you need refinement which is what skill masters are for.

I like arcanum system the best, it feels like you are actually gaining experience while at the same time you are not choosen one and you teachers to spend few days using your potencial to proper you higher, it also help you might need to complete quest for master or expert level as you need to make it worth their time, kinda makes most sense imo.

Thank god he is not named Sergei otherwise i wouldnt be able to resist the memes

Last edited by a moderator:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
There is really no point multiclasssing in PF

Disagree. Full multiclassing is often not advisable, but even though dipping was nerfed it's still p. great under certain circumstances. One of the most fun characters I've played in Pathfinder was this:

Bard Archetype: Archaeologist

Fighter Archetype: Lorewarden

(1): Bard 1: Combat Reflexes (1st level), Lingering Performance (Human BF) (BAB +0)
(2): Fighter 1: Weapon Focus [Whip] (Fighter BF) (BAB +1)
(3): Fighter 2: Combat Expertise (Lore Warden BF), Improved Trip (Fighter BF), Whip Mastery (3rd level) (BAB +2)
(4): Bard 2: +1 Strength, (BAB +3)
(5): Bard 3: Fury's Fall (5th level) (BAB +4)
(6): Bard 4: Improved Whip Mastery (Rogue Talent: Combat Feat) (BAB +5)
(7): Fighter 3: Greater Trip (7th level) (BAB +6)
(8): Bard 5: +1 Dexterity, (BAB +6)
(9): Bard 6: FEAT, (BAB +7)
(10): Bard 7: (BAB +8)
(11): Bard 8: Rogue Talent, FEAT, (BAB +9)
(12): Bard 9: +1 Strength
(13): Bard 10: FEAT, (BAB +10)
(14): Bard 11: (BAB +11)
(15): Bard 12: FEAT, (BAB +12)

Cool feats: Greater whip Mastery, Combat Casting, Gang Up, Improved Critical, Power Attack, Vital Strike + Felling Smash?

Cool rogue talents: Ninja Trick (then pick up another Combat Trick for another Combat Feat), Positioning Strike, Stand Up

Cool advanced rogue talents: Another Day, Feat

Last edited:
Ah, the good old Archaeologist archetype. This is why I prefer archetypes in Pathfinder over those in 5E, by replacing core class features they can completely change how the class plays. Want a skill monkey jack of all trades but can't stand vanilla music playing bard? No problem.

So of course they are going to fuck that up in Pathfinder 2.

CaesarCzech

Scholar
Art director:

Disagree. Full multiclassing is often not advisable, but even though dipping was nerfed it's still p. great under certain circumstances. One of the most fun characters I've played in Pathfinder was this:

(1): Bard 1: Combat Reflexes (1st level), Lingering Performance (Human BF) (BAB +0)
(3): Fighter 2: Combat Expertise (Lore Warden BF), Improved Trip (Fighter BF), Whip Mastery (3rd level) (BAB +2)

Cool feats: Greater whip Mastery, Combat Casting, Gang Up, Improved Critical,
Power Attack, Vital Strike + Felling Smash?

Cool rogue talents: Ninja Trick (then pick up another Combat Trick for another Combat Feat), Positioning Strike, Stand Up

In kinda not seeing how it works aside from increasing staying power in fight.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Seeing that class progression kinda hyped me up a little bit, it reminds me of making builds in NWN1.

Codex Year of the Donut

Hell i mean It makes sense to switch it, If you are hiring mercenaries why are you having single time payment ? Rather than steady slow payment ? it makes sense to be able to take someone onto party without paying, there certainly are kids wanting to go on adventure in fantasy worlds and there certainly will be adventures looking for new party, by contrast paying for levelup makes sense as while you have experience you need time to apply it level up payment is essentially simulation of character drilling tricks he learned because you cant exactly train on monsters even if you figured out the tricks. Hell even if you take system of arcanum or others where you level up normally but when you want to move in skills from Beginner to Proficient etc, in which case you can gain experience but you need refinement which is what skill masters are for.

I like arcanum system the best, it feels like you are actually gaining experience while at the same time you are not choosen one and you teachers to spend few days using your potencial to proper you higher, it also help you might need to complete quest for master or expert level as you need to make it worth their time, kinda makes most sense imo.

Thank god he is not named Sergei otherwise i wouldnt be able to resist the memes
Why does he have boobs?

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Art director:

Cool feats: Greater whip Mastery, Combat Casting, Gang Up, Improved Critical,
Power Attack, Vital Strike + Felling Smash?

In kinda not seeing how it works aside from increasing staying power in fight.

It basically achieves nearly maximum trip/aoo capability of a minmaxed tripper with the added bonus of rogue abilities, archeologist "song" (which is really, really good) and bard spells. A versatile and powerful character.

Anyway, the point was to demonstrate that dips are still a thing.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Anyway, the point was to demonstrate that dips are still a thing.

They are still viable, but much less common than in 3e.

One of the best things about PF is they made it completely practical (and even interesting) to stick with one class for an entire AP/Campaign.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I guess it depends on how much writing the PnP campaign itself has. The main quest might not be retarded if they just copied what is written in the campaign, if the campaign isn't retarded that is.

imweasel

how will this compare to dumpsterfire?
Gamers knew that they would get more lame Sawyerism shit in Dumpsterfire, so they didn't buy the sequel. The developer and publisher of Kingmaker can still circumvent any nostalgic expectations as this is their first IE-like game, so it will probably sell better.

Shadenuat

Arcane
I guess it depends on how much writing the PnP campaign itself has. The main quest might not be retarded if they just copied what is written in the campaign, if the campaign isn't retarded that is.
Well there are no dialogues in campaign, just descriptions. And dialogue is what makes or breaks writing in game.

The premise, however, is mostly running your barony and, later, kingdom, which is good. Trying to hit on half naked dryads is all Owlcats. Err, I think.

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
https://steamcommunity.com/games/Pathfinder_Kingmaker/announcements/detail/1715197421800572190

59633e32358d0842c88aaeb904d2e0c1deba1e57.jpg

With this type of awesome ranged weapon, you can solve a lot of problems in PATHFINDER: KINGMAKER. What will be your first target?

It's not just any steampunk, it's HEAVY steampunk.
That design is so hilariously dumb and non-functional it's downright amazing.
Somebody got paid to draw this...
If the mechanics were hidden under some sort of covering, fine. Art-style, fine. But this? Come on. Literally nothing about this makes any damn sense.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom