Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Capcom Onimusha Warlords Remaster

Repressed Homosexual
Why did they abandon this franchise? It still had a lot of potential.
Declining sales.

I think the real reason is probably limited appeal in the rest of the world for a game based on Japanese folklore.

Jean Reno was probably an attempt to alleviate that, but outside of France he is not that well known.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Dawn of Dreams didn't even need to be made. Nothing wrong with making three games that tell one story and then just ending it to move on to something else.

Deflowerer

Arcane
Apparently the soundtrack is completely new, which is not surprising since the original credited composer was outed as a fraud.

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Very good games. Dawn of Dreams was actually very good, contrary to what I'd thought it'd be. The original graphics hold up extremely well by the way.

I haven't touched an Onimusha game since ~2007. Would be great to playthrough the entire series again but in HD.

Onimusha: 2 was probably the weakest of the series.

Ash

Arcane
Dawn of Dreams didn't even need to be made. Nothing wrong with making three games that tell one story and then just ending it to move on to something else.

koff faggot. Dawn of Dreams is the best in the series.

Also you say that as if "telling one story" is typically the purpose of games, not, you know, being games.

bussinrounds

Augur
I heard Genma: Onimusha for the og xbawks was the best version of this game. Added content, increased difficulty, ect...

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 or AMD Radeon R7 260x

wtf this is a PS2 game with prerendered backgrounds

ss_07a8000785d66abdbe9f1d7a1315090166ec7a4b.1920x1080.jpg

Maybe that's the oldest video card they have.

A horse of course

wtf this is a PS2 game with prerendered backgrounds

Sounds like the usual nip PC optimization to me. Popular games like Dark Souls and Nier: Automata still don't have native 1080p support without fan patches.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom