Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community Help choose the The New World's new title

Children of the Void
The Lost City
The Lost City of the Void
Leviathan Lost
City at the Edge of Infinity
The Last children of Earth
Between Two Suns
(Born) Beneath A sunless Sky
Wayward Hope
City at the end of History
Tomorrow the Sun will Rise

Last edited:

Jrpgfan

Erudite
I liked The new world a lot. My suguestion The Promised Land it's in the same tone so i guess is a no.

There's a brothel in the game called that IIRC. There's also a game with that name.

So far East of Eden is the best option I guess. Beneath a Steel Sky would be a great name. It's a shame it's already taken.

I still think The Sunless World is a valid option aswell.

passerby

Arcane
I think The Pilgrims of Earth is a good title and describe the setting pretty well.

Or super basic:
Space Ark
Generation Ship

Last edited:

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Vault Dweller

It's easy to just think of words related to the more tangible or basic aspects of the game (space ship, space travel, space, planets, colonization, etc), and it makes sense because you'll want potential customers to get a general understanding of what the game is like just by looking at the title. The downside is that these types of 'descriptive' or 'explanatory' titles are hardly ever interesting or catchy.

So, what does the game mean to you? Only you and the other IT devs know the game's story, so forget for a minute about all the space stuff and try to come up with 1 or 2 words, that would not necessarily describe but represent or has something to do with what The New World really is as if it were a book.

I think a play on old movie titles as MRY did with East of Earth is the way to go, that's the best option by far for now. Also look into religious words/references/themes (genesis, salvation, afterlife, life, apocalypse, etc)

One or two words, ideally avoiding to use 'the' and 'of'.

Last edited:

Jamma

Novice
Jrpg addicts will never buy all these depressing names. How about:

☆Mayflower☆ And Big Father Space! ~ After the End ~

Pjq1kMw.jpg

Naveen

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I dislike the current fashion of giving games a whole sentence as a title. I can't ever remember them and they have no punch. I prefer single world titles (Doom, Quake, Predator, Thief) or two-word titles (Tomb Raider, Baldur's Gate, Evil Genius, System Shock, etc.) Since Void has been mentioned a lot, my take is:

Voidborn

Last edited:

Jestai

Augur
Patron
East of Earth is horrible. Don't do it. Who cares about a clever reference in a title, really ?

The ideas around the concept of "ark" are way better.

Last edited:

iguana_trader

Novice
The Lost Pilgrims
The Forgotten Ark
Ark of the Lost
Ark of the Forgotten
Ark of Light
Pilgrims of the Void

Action spinoff: PlanetArk
Japanese title: My Cult Leader Boyfriend is OH! So Cute!: Romance in the Skies Nintendo Switch Version

rohand

Cipher
I've always been a fan of single word titles that manage to convey the base spirit of the game without colon cancer

A few guys here managed to suggest good ones. I think that if you found a single word that could convey that premise of a "Stranded" (or more like "en route") generation of space travelers in search of a new world, it would be great.

Worked well for such as Fallout, Wasteland, etc

Farewell into the night

dawcio would be the best option, however Space World sounds cool.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
Don't go too hard with the ark shit though because of that faggy survival game with the dinosaurs. You have to try to appeal to the morons that might be confused easily, but can be taught like monkeys.

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
We're not there yet
The Human Artifact

kudos to anyone who picks where those are from

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom