Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord

Latelistener

Arcane
That’s a welcome improvement.
Nothing is better than the grid-based inventory. It's not improvement, it's decline to cater consoles.

mount-and-blade-preview-5.jpg

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Yeah. That is one mod I'm going to look out for from the start, someone fixing the inventory.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
There is something off putting to the divinity UI, maybe the artystyle, the diablo 2 and baldur's gate 1 are much more clean.

Zanzoken

Arcane
I will forever be triggered by the D:OS UI due to the sheer number of pure garbage items the game constantly throws at you. Trying to keep all that shit organized in some sensible way *shudder*.

I literally don't think I could design a worse loot system if I tried.

PulsatingBrain

Huge and Ever-Growing
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
Dev Blog 06/09/18
6 SEPTEMBER - CALLUM
788d1db65b4a97fd06f9fb4a79678a777e6c3ad1.jpg

Greetings warriors of Calradia!

With Gamescom behind us and everyone back in work after taking some much needed time off to recover, we have had the chance to sit down and work our way through the major talking points to come out of this year’s expo. For some of the topics, we plan to expand upon them and explain them in greater detail at a later date in their own dedicated blogs, but for now, we want to clarify some of the things that were said in the interviews that took place during the event.

blog_post_56_taleworldswebsite_02.jpg

Will the game release in Early Access?
We feel that some form of Early Access would be beneficial for getting community feedback and balancing game elements. It would also allow dedicated fans to access the game sooner. Therefore our intention is to take this path at some point, however, we do not have a specific time frame for this.

Will there be dynasties/families in the game?
Players will be able to have family members and children. Time flows faster in Bannerlord (when compared to Warband) with a year currently set to 84 days (we will probably fine-tune this further before release). Also, you can start the game with siblings, nephews and nieces and they serve as potential heirs as well.

Can the player and/or AI lords permanently die?
Our current plan is to have this for both players and NPCs, but we will add an easy mode option to disable it for the player character. Players will be able to continue with a family member if their main character dies.

Will the game have co-op?
Adding co-op functionality to Bannerlord would increase the complexity and development time of the project considerably and therefore it will not be included in the release. We can hopefully add it as a DLC after release. We think the only viable way to support this is to make a single party co-op where additional players can join the main player’s battles but cannot venture into the campaign map on their own.

Could you tell us the specs of the computers you used for the demo?
We haven’t done a final optimisation pass of the game just yet and this is something that will come towards the end of development. We are aiming to make the game playable on a wide range of systems, but for the purpose of this demo, we used some high-end gaming laptops:

CPU: Intel 7700K 4.2Ghz
GPU: NVIDIA 1080
RAM: 32GB
1TB SSD

Can we still build castles in villages we own?
We had to drop that feature. At some point in development, fief management became too complex, with towns, castles and villages each having their own specific management screens. The ability to build castles in villages also gave rise to complex rules. For example, demolishing the castle in a village could potentially revert the village to another kingdom and we had to add complex logic to handle that. Overall, we felt that the design had become too bloated and unappealing.

The solution was changing the status of villages so that they would no longer be considered independent fiefs but were always attached to a castle or town. This removed the necessity to have a management screen for villages and simplified and streamlined the system. The aesthetics of our new villages is also much more pleasing.

Are we able to join minor factions?
You can hire some minor factions as mercenaries or enlist them to your kingdom in other ways, but there is currently no way to join minor factions as a member.

What is the release date?
We made a decision some time ago not to announce or speculate on a release date, and as such, we currently don’t have a release date to share with you. As soon as we are confident that the game is ready for people to play, we will make an announcement.

blog_post_56_taleworldswebsite_03.jpg

In next week’s blog, we will be talking to Game Engine Developer, Burak Dermanlı. If you have any questions you would like to ask him about his work, please leave a reply in the comments and we will pick one out for him to answer!

Discuss this blog post HERE

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Can the player and/or AI lords permanently die?
Our current plan is to have this for both players and NPCs, but we will add an easy mode option to disable it for the player character. Players will be able to continue with a family member if their main character dies.

Probably the coolest feature I have heard about so far. Please don't remove it!

Can we still build castles in villages we own?
We had to drop that feature. At some point in development, fief management became too complex, with towns, castles and villages each having their own specific management screens. The ability to build castles in villages also gave rise to complex rules. For example, demolishing the castle in a village could potentially revert the village to another kingdom and we had to add complex logic to handle that. Overall, we felt that the design had become too bloated and unappealing.

The solution was changing the status of villages so that they would no longer be considered independent fiefs but were always attached to a castle or town. This removed the necessity to have a management screen for villages and simplified and streamlined the system. The aesthetics of our new villages is also much more pleasing.

Reading this is heartbreaking to me. TaleWorlds doesn't have a heart in a right place anymore.

Moink

Cipher
The removal of the castle building stuff (which would've fit well with the family stuff, imagine having a castle that's been added to through the generations, like y'know actual castles) and still no release date has managed to reduce the little hype I had left to basically nothing.

Modron

Arcane
The removal of the castle building stuff (which would've fit well with the family stuff, imagine having a castle that's been added to through the generations, like y'know actual castles) and still no release date has managed to reduce the little hype I had left to basically nothing.
Wut? They removed that? :despair:

vota DC

Augur
Not only building castles but also village management is going. I hope castle management improved, it was really boring in Warband: village and cities were ok but castles had few building, few npc and zero quest. Only good thing is that useless lord with a village fief and no city or castle are gone.

Another bad news is that you can't join minor factons. Karakhergit (maybe they are Karakhuzait ingame) and Wolfskins are a lot ooga booga we keep our savage traditions, we smash civilization.....so join them and take over the main faction would be great. Now they seem an excuse to get enemy faction's troop. War with Vlandia? You can still recruit the Golden Boar guys.
But minor factions have also special troops. It is confirmed that the arboreal is a vlandian archer of a minor faction, probably the Robin Hood wannabe (brotherhood of the woods). The trouble is that those minor factions seems to be in permawar with main faction and since you can't join them only your enemies will use those troops.

A good news is that your character can die and a family member can be the new player, included a son.

Emily

Arcane
Wut? They removed that? :despair:
No, they only dropped the feature to build a castle within village.
You can still build improvements on castles and villages, just cannot convert a village to a castle.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom