Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Rebel Galaxy Outlaw - hard rock spacing sequel

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
https://rebel-galaxy.com

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/rebel-galaxy-outlaw/home

Eat your heart out, Star Citizen. Some short videos on their twitter.

Developer Double Damage has revealed Rebel Galaxy Outlaw, the follow-up (or rather, a "sort-of prequel," as the developers put it) to its acclaimed 2015 space combat game. The studio calls Outlaw "a blue-collar space combat adventure packed with outlaws, explosions, gleefully unrealistic spaceflight, and a hell of a soundtrack."

In Outlaw, you play Juno Markev, 34 years before the events of Rebel Galaxy. Markev left her life of crime behind until she got pulled back into the outlaw life.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jacob

Pronouns: Nick/Her
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
The adult swim wannabe trailer is crap, but I'm really looking forward to this.

Jacob

Pronouns: Nick/Her
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Hopefully I haven't doomed the thread by creating it in Space Games section.
there isn't much to talk about except to post what do you think of the first game though.

I like the first game's overall tone but in the end it's an AC: Black Flag in space. This one looks more like a proper sandbox space sim. I wish they would have the larger ships in this game, too, maybe as a late game flagship like in X3.

veevoir

Klytus, I'm bored
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
A really important feature has been implemented
upload_2018-9-7_10-5-18.png

Soundtrack now has 7 radio stations, 21 hours of music. Edit: also ambient music available.

In general - not saying that that hour of gameplay gives hype, but it gives hype.

Also:
upload_2018-9-7_10-9-14.png

:incline:

Last edited:

praetor

Arcane
the gameplay looks pretty fun, with something for everybody. hopefully the minigames won't be too annoying when mandatory in the storyline.

and it's usually not something i particularly care about, but HOLY SHIT that ship skin customisation tool is insane for a budget game like this. and you can even order your 3d printed model from within it. goddamn, they went above and beyond to make this little game just cool beyond 99,99999999% AAA titles. just wow

it's not something i usually do with games like these, but this is definitely a D1P for me. they deserve it

warpig

Incel Resistance Leader
Manlet
This looks awesome. It's good that they decided to abandon that "2d naval combat in space" thing from the first game. This really reminds me of Privateer, not just the flying and combat but also the visual style, ship deisgn, cockpits etc. The only shit thing is that main character, how about a cute girl instead of some fugly dyke - yuck :/

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom