Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Pillars of Eternity II Fig Update #55: Seeker, Slayer, Survivor Screenshots

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Obsidian Entertainment; Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire; Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire - Seeker, Slayer, Survivor

As you might expect, Obsidian have published a Pillars of Eternity II Fig update about the game's upcoming Seeker, Slayer, Survivor expansion DLC for those who missed its reveal at PAX West this weekend. Screenshots, some brief details, the usual.

In the slightly nearer term, the update also announces a date for the 2.1 patch, which will be adding the god challenge modes described in last month's update. As I recall, those were supposed to be out in August. Instead they're coming on September 11th, just two weeks before the new DLC - which is supposed to be accompanied by another patch adding two more god challenge modes. Will Obsidian be able to meet their schedule?

Patch 2.1 and Incoming

Patch 2.1 will be available on September 11th! It's currently on the Beta Branch, and Josh Sawyer would welcome any feedback you might have for the God Challenges below:
  • Abydon - The more you use weapons and armor, the more they will wear down and become "Damaged". This modifier will make them progressively worse and eventually destroy them, unless the mods are removed through Enchantments. Choose the items you will wear into battle wisely!
  • Skaen - With Skaen's challenge, when indoors or at night, fog of war encroaches more. Torches and lanterns can partially offset the additional fog of war, but only a little.
Next month, we'll be bringing our first Mega Boss, Belranga, to Deadfire. This poison-dripping monstrosity is only for the highest leveled players and will test your party's mettle to new heights. We'll have more information on Belranga and her ravenous brood in the coming weeks, so stay tuned!​

It seems there's been some confusion here. I'm pretty sure the first Mega-Boss is also supposed to come out alongside the new DLC, meaning this month. This is what happens when you fall behind schedule!

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot The Real Fanboy
Great promotional artwork!

seekerslayersurvivor_720p--thumb.png

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I didn't know what these God Challanges will be, at first I thought they are going to be some simple fights or quests. But these are actually adding a new flavour to the whole game. Can't wait to see the other challanges in the future.

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
More of an arena than a dungeon, but I'll be satisfied as long as there are well designed and tactical encounters. They're claiming it's the hardest challenges in the series yet.

Slay your way through the most challenging foes you have ever faced, both past and present.

We hope you've been enjoying all the soft balls we've used to ease you into Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire's combat until now, but the baby gloves are coming off. This month, we're releasing the Abydon and Skaen challenges in Patch 2.1, a Mega Boss for those who adhere to the "get good" philosophy, and an entire DLC focused around proving your worth through glorious combat. Prepare yourselves, Watchers - none of this is for the unworthy.

My fear is that if they make the DLC too difficult it will review poorly. I've heard many people raging at the Neriscylas fight in Beast of Winter, and White March got bad reviews for the same reason.

Necroscope

Arcane
Codex 2014
I'm still waiting for them to fix Principi's "dance with the dead" quest that prevents me from finishing the game.

skyst

Augur
I've heard many people raging at the Neriscylas fight in Beast of Winter, and White March got bad reviews for the same reason.

The Neriscylas encounters were the best part of BoW. I was a level or two too low for the first encounter and it was actually quite challenging, basically the only time that I ever had to use consumables, summons, empowers to refill abilities, etc for anything other than speeding up a fight. If you don't wipe a few times on a boss fight then it's probably not balanced correctly.

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
I agree, but that doesn't stop idiots from whining that it's too hard. An entire DLC full of even harder fights will get bad reviews.

Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming!
So how is this game now with patches and DLCs? My Cuckstarter CE will probably arrive today, I just might start up this puppy.

Sizzle

Arcane
So how is this game now with patches and DLCs? My Cuckstarter CE will probably arrive today, I just might start up this puppy.

It's alright, but if you've already waited this long - why not hold it off for a few months more so you can play the entire game with all DLCs?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I don't think this game will have a Definitive Edition. At least, not a formal one that comes out after a year. I think the game will be considered "definitive" when the console version is released, which is supposed to happen at the end of the year.

Fred

Learned
Weapon degradation is such a no fun mechanic (unless everything is well designed around it). Why are they doing it.
Next patch, the game will alt tab every random 30-60 seconds.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom