Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

Jezal_k23

Nerf it very slightly then?

Trashos

Arcane
I don't see many people claiming that the game is too easy, so I wouldn't nerf Qtink. It is the best Traps feat, and provides motivation to invest in Dex and Traps. It is also kinda vital for "all or nothing" builds like the Sniper, for when that 95% shot fails you. Although I can think of ways that it can be very slightly nerfed, I say it is an overpowered feat we can indulge ourselves with.

ciox

Liturgist
Classic's main purpose is to make a transition into playing on Dominating easier IMO, you don't even need to grind you just get XP a little faster and it helps a lot.

I really wouldn't want to see a nerf on Quick Tinkering that increases cooldowns, here's enough giant cooldowns as it is, the only nerfs I'd find tolerable are a) small detection difficulty penalty for traps placed during combat, they're easier to see b) one more point in DEX needed to get it

Sykar

Arcane
I will never touch Classic in this game or any other game if there is a choice. I am glad about any game where traditional XP has been removed for mindless killing and replaced with something a little more sensible. Bloodlines is another such game where mindless killing while fun does not provide you with extra XP.

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Oddity has its uses for example intelligent stealthy character will benefit from oddity system, since he could explore most of the map, but a brute with sledgehammer or just a tincan with assault rifle will benefit from classic more than from oddity. You still need to kill quite a lot of creatures even on oddity system, to get all oddities though. Its really quite simple.

Sykar

Arcane
Oddity has its uses for example intelligent stealthy character will benefit from oddity system, since he could explore most of the map, but a brute with sledgehammer or just a tincan with assault rifle will benefit from classic more than from oddity. You still need to kill quite a lot of creatures even on oddity system, to get all oddities though. Its really quite simple.

The only creatures which need quite a bit of killing are rathounds, psi beetles and siphoners because for some retarded reason they drop oddities in the 5% to 10% region. The rest basically drops their oddities from like 50% to 100% so you barely need any kills.

Yes it is quite simple indeed, Oddities > Classic.

Jezal_k23

I might have found a bug or something.

My friends over here don't seem to care about or understand that there are mutants in the area. In fact they slowly die as they step on acid if left around the mutants for long enough.

Was this uh... intended?

HeatEXTEND

Prophet
Patron
That, and by default an average RPG player's mindset is to obsessively loot garbage cans and stuff their inventory with literally everything that's not nailed to the wall, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Al_Fabet.png

top 10 npc no doubt :love:

Trashos

Arcane

My friends over here don't seem to care about or understand that there are mutants in the area. In fact they slowly die as they step on acid if left around the mutants for long enough.

Was this uh... intended?

Yeah, this bug has been reported repeatedly.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Was this uh... intended?

Yep, known bug.

Jezal_k23

When you have allies along with you it's a bit annoying because I feel like I have to severely restrain myself from doing the slightest bit of damage to them, like for example using an acid blob pistol could fuck up their allegiance to me, or burst attacks, or molotovs if they CHOOSE to walk on the fire I left, etc...

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
When you have allies along with you it's a bit annoying because I feel like I have to severely restrain myself from doing the slightest bit of damage to them, like for example using an acid blob pistol could fuck up their allegiance to me, or burst attacks, or molotovs if they CHOOSE to walk on the fire I left, etc...
Yeah, same thing can happen with Psi abilities as well. Parts like that is where the indie shows up.

Jezal_k23

What can I do in Core City that will lock me out of other stuff? I remember reading that the game doesn't make this entirely clear. I sort of need to know in order to make a more informed decision.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
What can I do in Core City that will lock me out of other stuff? I remember reading that the game doesn't make this entirely clear. I sort of need to know in order to make a more informed decision.
Siding with any of the factions will look you out of the other two, and there is also one or two Faceless interactions that might fuck you.. That's the only two things I can remember off the top of my head.

Jezal_k23

Oh boy. Interactions that might fuck me. Well, I'll deal with whatever happens, that's part of the fun.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
I'm gonna leave this here, all low-key like. Check this out if Expedition closed alpha testing sounds like something you'd want to participate in: http://underrail.com/forums/index.php?topic=3526.0
if any hominid were to be interested, I would expect it to be Blaine.

I may be, although frankly I'm shitter-shattered that it's late 2018 and the expansion hasn't entered closed alpha testing yet. I'm also at least halfway in the group that's too self-centered to test and spoil the surprised before it's all finished, but if testers are really needed, I'll think about it.

agris

Arcane
Patron
Blaine but just imagine how much better the final product will be with your input... the chance to run down poorly thought out new gear, crafting recipes, perks, and quest resolution pathways.

shit, if you're really self-centered regarding your experience with the finished product, you practically owe it to yourself to test the alpha!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom