Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher CDPR and Bioware make identical games.

Unwanted

a Goat

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Edgy Vatnik
Walk around, watch cutscene and get quest, walk around, fight through boredom as you finish combat encounter, come back to questgiver, watch cutscene, rinse & repeat. Even the macrostructure and its evolution is similar, go through different chapter moving you from isolated location to location OMG OBLIVION 5:SKYRIM, FROM THE FALLOUT SERIES SOLD MILLION'S GONNA GO OPEN WORLD.

Nu-Bioware and CDPR games are virtually identical, the only difference is that workhour of a programmer costs 20 times less in Warsaw than it does in whatever hellhole Bioware crawled from so they have the ability to put more work into their product per dollar, leading to more polished experience. Experience of smearing shit all over your facade, except one piece of shit has lots of rough edges and the other is smooth.

Big Wrangle

BioWare was considered the ultimate guide to making a mainstream RPG by the media for quite a while, so it's no surprise devs took notes there. That being said, I agree CDPR is doing a better job at the moment, and even people today have started to become disillusioned with BioWare.

Big Wrangle

GTA with RPG elements vs Destiny clone; it's obvious who will win.

Tim the Bore

Scholar
I can play CDPR games without the need to gauge my eyes.
Recently I bought Mass Effect: Andromeda and had to gauge my eyes. Again.
So, my bloody sockets disagree - there is a difference in quality.

Still, there are obvious similarities, but

Walk around, watch cutscene and get quest, walk around, fight through boredom as you finish combat encounter, come back to questgiver, watch cutscene, rinse & repeat.

could be said about many, many games with a large budget.

eXalted

Arcane
RPG dev and RPG dev make identical games.

Walk around, read conversation and get quest, walk around, fight through boredom as you finish combat encounter, come back to questgiver, read conversation, rinse & repeat.

Nu-RPGs and old RPGs virtually identical. Experience of smearing shit all over your facade, except one piece of shit has lots of rough edges and the other is smooth.

Last edited:

karoliner

Arcane
Vatnik
A very importance difference is that CDPR actually makes beautiful women. While Bioware makes trannies and tomboys.
Ai8KjH.jpg

Ai8pq1.jpg

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Walk around, watch cutscene and get quest, walk around, fight through boredom as you finish combat encounter, come back to questgiver, watch cutscene, rinse & repeat. Even the macrostructure and its evolution is similar, go through different chapter moving you from isolated location to location OMG OBLIVION 5:SKYRIM, FROM THE FALLOUT SERIES SOLD MILLION'S GONNA GO OPEN WORLD.

In other news you are me, and I am you because we both eat, sleep and breathe. Ya dingus.

gestalt11

Arbiter
Yeah and its not just them either. Its basically the MMORPG-ization of real RPGs. After playing MMOs for a few years you eventually realize they are just really bad generic CRPGs with some other stuff tacked.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
If you don't see how the writing and quest design is a 100 times superior in The Witcher 3 than in any nuBioware game, you are blind and mentally handicapped. Just because both developers use cutscenes, they are not making the same games.

gestalt11

Arbiter
If you don't see how the writing and quest design is a 100 times superior in The Witcher 3 than in any nuBioware game, you are blind and mentally handicapped. Just because both developers use cutscenes, they are not making the same games.

The writing and quest design is miles better in a CDPR game, but the base framework and infrastructure are mostly the same. Call it a sub-genre if you like.

Unwanted

a Goat

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Edgy Vatnik
"They're not using the same formula they're just using the same formula".

Where did your cuck tag go?

Roqua

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual In My Safe Space
A very importance difference is that CDPR actually makes beautiful women. While Bioware makes trannies and tomboys.

I agree Gerald is basically a beautiful woman. His long flowing, carefully primped locks are just gorgeous! But your point about trannies applies equally to both companies.

conan_edw

Arbiter
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath

Hollow knight and dark souls have you go around and killing enemies therefore they are identical, oh most games have you kill enemies they are all the same. In other news, every game is identical because all of them require a player input I mean aren't they doing the same thing. Where is your village retardo tag?

Roqua

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual In My Safe Space
Hollow knight and dark souls have you go around and killing enemies therefore they are identical, oh most games have you kill enemies they are all the same. In other news, every game is identical because all of them require a player input I mean aren't they doing the same thing. Where is your village retardo tag?

Are you saying games can't be similar and follow a similar formula and logically be grouped together?

conan_edw

Arbiter
Patron

Are you saying games can't be similar and follow a similar formula and logically be grouped together?

Grouped up together doesn't mean "Identical" which OP is implying. Many games are similar in lots of aspects and they can be grouped up based on that. By OP's logic just replace "cutscenes" with dialogue and there you have almost every rpg is identical.

Unwanted

a Goat

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Edgy Vatnik
Yeah dude, just replace cuntscenes with ordinary dialogues, shit combat with good combat, shit brainless exploration with good exploration, "batman senses" """""puzzles""""" with actual puzzles and you can make any RPG seem identical.

conan_edw

Arbiter
Patron
Well that's not what you were saying when J_C factored in the quality

Yeah dude, maybe you wanna construct your argument better next time

Ramnozack

Cipher
Patron
If you can't tell the difference between something like the Witcher 3 and pure undiluted tranny shit like Dragon Fag Cisquisition, then I don't even fucking know what to say to you.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom