Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher CDPR and Bioware make identical games.

Roqua

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual In My Safe Space
If you can't tell the difference between something like the Witcher 3 and pure undiluted tranny shit like Dragon Fag Cisquisition, then I don't even fucking know what to say to you.

You could tell me I have good taste and dislike very similar games for very similar reasons. At least most Bioware games have chargen and don't inflict you with someone that looks like a transvestite homosexual (they let you make your character look like a straight man even if you game doesn't allow you to act like one, as was the case of ME: Canada).

ScrotumBroth

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
CDPR is much more than just a Bioware clone. They "borrow" from many different places.

The whole horse riding business from RDR, special vision from Batman, they admitted at one point Rockstar is what they aspire to be.

Witcher 2 combat clearly influenced by Souls games (altho failed spectacularly), and obviously the storyline, world building and quests are inspired by Bioware games, but you can also see influence of GTA and RDR.

They are very good at borrowing from other people's games and books, it's their specialty.

Roqua

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual In My Safe Space
CDPR is much more than just a Bioware clone. They "borrow" from many different places.

The whole horse riding business from RDR, special vision from Batman, they admitted at one point Rockstar is what they aspire to be.

Witcher 2 combat clearly influenced by Souls games (altho failed spectacularly), and obviously the storyline, world building and quests are inspired by Bioware games, but you can also see influence of GTA and RDR.

They are very good at borrowing from other people's games and books, it's their specialty.

If they borrowed from good real rpgs they would have made a much better game. Instead their game is just a Bioware clone with some other shitty ideas from other console shit games.

It's true that CDProjekt games have similarities to Bioware games. Both studios' games revolve around writing and narrative, and are much weaker in gameplay departments. However, with that said, if your games revolve around narrative, and one of these studios does excellent narrative, that excuses a lot of their other shortcomings. The other studio produces cringe-worthy narrative that makes you want to strangle yourself to avoid listening to never-ending pointless dwarf monologues, and when your game is BASED ON narrative, that's a big problem.

Drowed

Arcane
2-photos13.jpg

• "Made using brushes, both are paintings. Both trying to represent a human being. Using mostly the same shades of colors. Keeping the same proportions. With the same intention."

Well, yeah, they're "the same thing", but there's no doubt that they aren't the same thing in the end.

DraQ

Arcane
Walk around, watch cutscene and get quest, walk around, fight through boredom as you finish combat encounter, come back to questgiver, watch cutscene, rinse & repeat. Even the macrostructure and its evolution is similar, go through different chapter moving you from isolated location to location OMG OBLIVION 5:SKYRIM, FROM THE FALLOUT SERIES SOLD MILLION'S GONNA GO OPEN WORLD.

Nu-Bioware and CDPR games are virtually identical, the only difference is that workhour of a programmer costs 20 times less in Warsaw than it does in whatever hellhole Bioware crawled from so they have the ability to put more work into their product per dollar, leading to more polished experience. Experience of smearing shit all over your facade, except one piece of shit has lots of rough edges and the other is smooth.
ecce-homo-spain.jpg

*) For certain values of "identical".

Edit:
Damn it, got beaten to it.

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
I'm surprised it took this long to see. I will admit that the writing and quest design in shitcher is miles above and beyond anything bioware is capable of, but it's no better than me picking up a good book because CDPR is fucking atrocious at making good gameplay, which is the primary feature that gives video games a reason to be pursued over other venues of entertainment.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
deterministic system > RNG

Last edited:

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Well if you think that cuscenes to gameplay with narrative choices is somehow a creation of Bioware then let me burst that bubble for you; it has been used since the early 2000 and of of its first examples was Neverwinter Nights.... done by Bioware and the basis for the first Witcher engine so basically the narrative design is very similar, but then again that style is now pretty widespread from games like GTA to the Arkham games so it is not surprising

What is surprising is for the OP to somehow imply that the writing and themes of modern Bioware is even on the same league as the Witcher, I think not even the Baldur’s Gate Bioware had the great level of writing of the Witchers

Even the most diehard Bioware fanboi is starting to notice the decline of Bioware while CDPR just entered the primetime with Witcher 3 on the mainstream media

Unwanted

a Goat

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Edgy Vatnik
If you can't tell the difference between something like the Witcher 3 and pure undiluted tranny shit like Dragon Fag Cisquisition, then I don't even fucking know what to say to you.

Read the OP again. Perform inner dialogue pondering about what did I say about it. I know it's hard because you seem to be part of 75% of people who don't do it, otherwise something like that wouldn't happen.

2-photos13.jpg

• "Made using brushes, both are paintings. Both trying to represent a human being. Using mostly the same shades of colors. Keeping the same proportions. With the same intention."

Well, yeah, they're "the same thing", but there's no doubt that they aren't the same thing in the end.

ecce-homo-spain.jpg
*) For certain values of "identical".

Edit:
Damn it, got beaten to it.

All the posts I'm quoting right now I could comment in the same way. READ THE FUCKING OP you're literally agreeing with me.

Well if you think that cuscenes to gameplay with narrative choices is somehow a creation of Bioware then let me burst that bubble for you; it has been used since the early 2000 and of of its first examples was Neverwinter Nights.... done by Bioware and the basis for the first Witcher engine so basically the narrative design is very similar
Yeah, you've bursted my bubble and said that that kind of narrative design isn't creation of bioware, instead you've proven, using well known example that it is creation of bioware. Did you even think when you wrote it.

Is this thread being invaded by NPC's?

What is surprising is for the OP to somehow imply that the writing and themes of modern Bioware is even on the same league as the Witcher
But I don't imply it. I again advise you to think, with words about the meaning of OP because you evidently failed to do so do so. I'm just saying that Bioware makes the same kind of games except the quality is worse, in case of writing lot of which has to do with the source material - as much as I don't like Sapkowski, the fact that he started the whole Witcher universe from short stories, meant that the whole character etc. had to be little bit more low-key. Fine, by the time of 3rd game you're deciding the course of some wars etc. as well as saving the world or something, but nobody really liked the main story anyway. When I look at forums, people say they mostly liked some particular sidequests and DLC story, especially from HoS. The reason behind it is because when the stakes are smaller, even much worse worse writer, technically speaking(and when it comes to technical side of writing Bioware isn't that far behind), can something much easier to relate to. Since videogame writers are universally shit, when you provide them with more low-key tasks, they perform better.

Meanwhile Bioware works on their own source material which was from the start meant to be high fantasy(DA), therefore you must save the world 5 times during one game battling the most powerful evil in the existence, only so you realize that the big bad is actually smaller bad evil when compared to superevil masterminds from the next game, which will still be nothing when compared to hyper monster evil from yet another game. Sure way to end up making shit tier fiction(even for fiction standards). What high fantasy is good for is giving the player characters with ENORMOUS amount of tools to their disposal, which allows for easier combat design(not necessarily better, as combat engine Battle Brothers is much better than for example Divinity:OS), which neither TW nor DA will ever make good use of. In case of Ass Deffect it's kinda similar although the "trilogy" was planned from the start so they have slightly easier time with it as you don't get progressively stronger Master Evil supervillan that gets replaced by even more powerful Master Betty in the sequel. Because apparently the astral plane of destroyers of worlds is infinitely themed as to provide you with the evilmost mc evilmens in every single game.

Tranny shit and general SJW's is literally not an argument as The Witchers, especially the 3rd game follow feminist themes very often(Ciri is feminist symbol performing symbolic feminist actions and that's both by Sapkowski's and CDPR household writers intentions), but again, the writers handling much more low-key tasks 90% of the time makes the whole thing appear better.

However the entire point of my OP is that these are games following the same structure with CDPR delivering better quality which is something ALL OF THE QUOTED POSTS AGREE WITH.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
The come up with a better title to your thread because you contradict even your own idiotic arguments; comparing that Gay focus group shit that Bioware panders to its “fans” with romance options, bad plots, worse narrative and beyond retarded writing to what CDPR produce is not “identical” so go and get a fucking dictionary and look up the meaning of that first

Oh and another of your retarded arguments; Bioware didn’t “create” this style of RPG and I quoted Neverwinter Nights because it was one of its first games to use that style, but ffs sake try to learn a bit about the genre before you attempt to criticize it...how about you try games like Gothic, Anacronox, and many MANY others that pioneered that style of narrative presentation years before Bioware

So yes, your OP premise is stupid, your arguments are retarded and your color coded responses show that you are EXACTLY the target for whatever Bioware is pandering next so not try to get some badassery point with us your fucking faggot

Unwanted

a Goat

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Edgy Vatnik
So it is game of that style but it isn't because muh gays, despite the Witcher being SJW as hell if you look at it closely. Another member of the 75%

Mark Richard

Arcane
Walk around, watch cutscene and get quest, walk around, fight through boredom as you finish combat encounter, come back to questgiver, watch cutscene, rinse & repeat. Even the macrostructure and its evolution is similar, go through different chapter moving you from isolated location to location OMG OBLIVION 5:SKYRIM, FROM THE FALLOUT SERIES SOLD MILLION'S GONNA GO OPEN WORLD.

Nu-Bioware and CDPR games are virtually identical, the only difference is that workhour of a programmer costs 20 times less in Warsaw than it does in whatever hellhole Bioware crawled from so they have the ability to put more work into their product per dollar, leading to more polished experience. Experience of smearing shit all over your facade, except one piece of shit has lots of rough edges and the other is smooth.
TW3 - Walk around, watch a visually engaging cutscene where expressive characters move about and interact with scenery while spouting quality dialogue through consistently good voice acting in a quest that wouldn't look out of place in a Sapkowski short story...

Andromeda - Walk around, watch a static scene where vacant-eyed NPCs stand rooted to the spot spouting generic lines in voices that run the lottery of stupid. That's if you're lucky and they didn't just put the quest on a terminal or something.

Money is no substitute for love. Regardless of what you think of CDPR's gameplay loop, the high amount of polish can be more readily explained by their priorities rather than their bank account. They care. Bioware haven't been in a position to care for years. There's no unifying voices left in the company.

Unwanted

a Goat

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Edgy Vatnik
TW3 - Walk around, watch a visually engaging cutscene where expressive characters move about and interact with scenery while spouting quality dialogue through consistently good voice acting in a quest that wouldn't look out of place in a Sapkowski short story...

Andromeda - Walk around, watch a static scene where vacant-eyed NPCs stand rooted to the spot spouting generic lines in voices that run the lottery of stupid. That's if you're lucky and they didn't just put the quest on a terminal or something.

Yeah, whatever adjectives you may add, add them but you're proving my point - CDPR is bioware that doesn't suck.

the high amount of polish can be more readily explained by their priorities rather than their bank account

More like - In Poland programmer works 60 hours a week in eternal crunch time for ~$20-30k a year while in Canada or wherever Bioware is located nowadays cleaner wants more for 36 hours week. By the way average lifetime of CDPR employee is 9 months.

GrainWetski

Arcane
Well if you think that cuscenes to gameplay with narrative choices is somehow a creation of Bioware then let me burst that bubble for you; it has been used since the early 2000 and of of its first examples was Neverwinter Nights.... done by Bioware and the basis for the first Witcher engine so basically the narrative design is very similar, but then again that style is now pretty widespread from games like GTA to the Arkham games so it is not surprising

What is surprising is for the OP to somehow imply that the writing and themes of modern Bioware is even on the same league as the Witcher, I think not even the Baldur’s Gate Bioware had the great level of writing of the Witchers

Even the most diehard Bioware fanboi is starting to notice the decline of Bioware while CDPR just entered the primetime with Witcher 3 on the mainstream media

Exactly. Pure decline of the company. Basically BioWare a decade or so ago.

Falksi

Arcane
What's sad is that both Bioware & CDPR were both industry leaders in what they did at their peak, but neither seemed to recognize their strengths and play to them.

Worst of all both traded their strengths to follow mainstream trends which have ultimately destroyed Bioware, and has watered down & weakened CDPR, taking it down the same dark path as it's spiritual father.

Wish both companies would just ignore what the mainstream want, and believe in their own talent more. Making CP2077 1st person is a great move if only for the fact that it shows they are willing to piss the faggoty section of their fanbase off.

Neanderthal

Arcane
So apart from quality, implementation, single player vs party, far better graphics, far better value for money and superior art design what have the Romans ever done for us?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom