Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Best game ever

Citizen

1. Master of Magic
  2. X-com
  3. Civ2 & SMAC
  4. Age of Wonders
  5. HoMM2-3
  6. MoO1-2
(participation award for Birthright)

Last edited by a moderator:

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
In no way are these organized in any particular order
-HoMM3
-Terraria
-Thief
-Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance
-ToEE
-Eador Genesis
-Battle for Wesnoth

Curratum

1. How do I get a real successor to Deus Ex while I haven't got the money to make it myself? Email Warren?

You mean like how we emailed Paul Neurath and Tim Stellmach for a real successor to Ultima Underworld and got a physics-based puzzle game?

All classic games were a fluke. Every single cult classic was a lucky roll of the dice. Romero has and will not make another Doom. Spector will never make another DX. Stellmach will never make another Thief or Underworld. Every single game of the 90s that you loved was a fluke.

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
Doom 2 is the greatest game of all time... John Romero's head on a stick as an easter-egg, his face frozen into a hideous smirk... and if you're light enough in your loafers and prefer to play as a pussy, you can tiptoe through the tulips around the sound-activated arachnotrons because they only come after you if you make a noise.

DeusX1

Educated
Deus Ex forever!

A true master piece. I don't think I will ever play a game as good as that in my life.

passerby

Arcane
SMAC
Thief 1, 2
System Shock 1, 2
Planescape: Torment
Half-Life
Blood
Duke Nukem
Quake
Doom 1, 2

Honorary mentions ( outdated, but defined me as a gamer ):
Civilization
Frontier: Elite 2
Dune 2

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom