Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Far Cry 5 - set in the exotic open world of MONTANA

Haha, Far Cry 2 was a shit game where outposts you destroyed on your way to a mission, came back to life on your way back.
So, what do you expect? Restarting the game all over again and facing those checkposts on each playthrough over a simple respawning mechanic which was flawed but it isn't as annoying as made out by people. If you read in detail about the guard posts then there are ways to avoid many of them.
In fact, all those hypocrites who used to complain about the respawning issue, later complained during FC3 that they should be allowed to take over outposts again to make the game more challenging, which is why Ubisoft released a patch that resets the outposts. So, I don't understand why is this still an issue for FC2?

Because the respawn rate in 2 is...really fast. I'd clean an outpost, grab the objective not far away, and it would be repopulated when I backtracked, making me wonder why I bothered. Then I'd try to speed past them with a jeep and remembered why - they would catch up in five seconds thanks to Mario Kart rubberbanding. Yeah, I could find another route but it takes longer and I'd like to do that for fun, not because I want to avoid doing the same encounter twice in quick succession. Dylan's mod makes it way more tolerable even though it does the typical "realism = 1HP" tweak.

Because the respawn rate in 2 is...really fast. I'd clean an outpost, grab the objective not far away, and it would be repopulated when I backtracked, making me wonder why I bothered.

From what I recall the outposts would sometimes get repopulated while I'm still fucking there picking up ammo. I remember being so hyped for that game back then, from gameplay vids it seemed like best thing ever to my naive mind at the time. And when I got to play it turned out to be one of the worst designed games I ever touched. It was the last time I was fooled by video game marketing.

Last edited:
That guy is a pretentious moron, nobody should waste time on his videos. I remember when he complained about GTA IV being too serious, then later he bitched about GTA V not being serious enough.

I will take a look. To be honest it was a video being suggested on my youtube that I happened to watch.

KateMicucci

Arcane
Does the game unlock more weapons at some point like in 2, 3 and 4? The selection is really small compared to the previous games if you factor out the reskins and the guns that are in now are mostly less useful than the carbine AR15. With a silenced AR, RPG, grenade launcher and bow what else would even be useful?

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
They should've based the cult in this game off these people:

They had it all, their own town in Oregon, a biological warfare program, assignation plots, drugging up members that wanted to leave, removing a woman's uterus,etc.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
I am a necromancer. Come, fly, teeth of the wind. Share my wings.

To me Far Cry 5 is total incline.

Same here. In FC4 I was sick and tired of that purposefully broken english pronounciation. Even potatos don't speak like that, and that's telling. Why should I care about a bunch of uncultured savages?

See this retard: kotaku/far-cry-5-has-good-video-game-helicopters-1825095227

I mean it's a good gameplay experience but don't praise these machines of doom. It's like praising murdering infants (to the general public). Helos don't work like that. You pitch down to move forward. It also sends you downward.

I hate fucking helos.

- you have to stabilize all 3 axis in-flight all the time. failure means death.
- stabilizing[1] is as hard as connecting a jet to a tanker. except you don't die in a jet if you fail to connect.
- if the engine goes down, you're a brick. you can land proper aircraft with no engine power.
- you can let go of jet/prop controls for 10 seconds and you don't die. in a helo it's guaranteed.
- you can take off and land (manually, of course) while drunk in a jet/prop. not so much in a helo.

[1] It means having to correct without overcorrecting. That hysteresis effect is non-trivial. In any case it means avoiding the phugoid motion.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Farcry 5 is not a fucking helicopter flight simulator. Just assume that the PC knows how to keep the helo in the air, so the player's input is just where to fly.

Gerrard

Arcane
Wildlands has the best helicopter controls of any game of that type (TPS open world fuckaroundery), it's the only game that lets you actually fly the damn thing level on a keyboard.
And of course retards were complaining about it because they were too dumb to learn how they work.

Got this in the Steam sale for $15 and I've been playing it while completely fucking out of my mind with a brain-boiling feverish flu and drugs and it's been a whole hell of a lot of fun. I put it on hard and death's pretty quick for both enemies and myself and the map's been fun to fuck around in. Other than being paranoid about losing the nice feeling of the guns being lethal I can kinda see why they're muscling in on Bethesda's turf a bit since Far Cry 5 basically does the good parts of Fallout 4 without feeling so fucking janky and cheap. The shooting's nice, graphics (Especially animations) are better, there's still some exploration connected to overall progression, etc. Still not something I'd see myself buying for full price at launch but I'm really happy with the $15 price tag, and I'm FAIRLY sure I'm over my funk enough that it's not just the fever and drugs talking.

And even though it's not something I look for at all since I don't really read game journos, but I'm surprised I didn't hear about an outcry over all the implied rape. You can't play 5 minutes without finding some guy dragging a woman off by the leg to his rape shack. At first I thought it was just my highly sophisticated and tasteful mind immediately jumping to rape and that it just randomly spawns two NPCs in for each role, but nope. Even though there are male/female cultists and civvies the "Drag by a leg" encounter is always male cultist dragging a woman, gotten it 5-10 times. Well done Ubisoft, you've got more tasteful rape than most actual RPGs :obviously:

Oracsbox

Got this in the Steam sale for $15 and I've been playing it while completely fucking out of my mind with a brain-boiling feverish flu and drugs and it's been a whole hell of a lot of fun. I put it on hard and death's pretty quick for both enemies and myself and the map's been fun to fuck around in. Other than being paranoid about losing the nice feeling of the guns being lethal I can kinda see why they're muscling in on Bethesda's turf a bit since Far Cry 5 basically does the good parts of Fallout 4 without feeling so fucking janky and cheap. The shooting's nice, graphics (Especially animations) are better, there's still some exploration connected to overall progression, etc. Still not something I'd see myself buying for full price at launch but I'm really happy with the $15 price tag, and I'm FAIRLY sure I'm over my funk enough that it's not just the fever and drugs talking.

And even though it's not something I look for at all since I don't really read game journos, but I'm surprised I didn't hear about an outcry over all the implied rape. You can't play 5 minutes without finding some guy dragging a woman off by the leg to his rape shack. At first I thought it was just my highly sophisticated and tasteful mind immediately jumping to rape and that it just randomly spawns two NPCs in for each role, but nope. Even though there are male/female cultists and civvies the "Drag by a leg" encounter is always male cultist dragging a woman, gotten it 5-10 times. Well done Ubisoft, you've got more tasteful rape than most actual RPGs :obviously:
Far Cry Primal had a lot of cavemen fucking cavewimmin that was a surprise when I first came across it
obviously I allowed them to finish and then killed them

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
So i've installed FC5 for the first time. Since FC3 was a pretty solid game that i've rated 7+/10, FC4 was a solid 6+/10 game, i've expected at least some decent fun with FC5. I've only played like 10 hours but i can already see this game is pretty shit:
-Attention to detail is nonexistent in this game. Barrels with water when shot, dont spill over, you can't flat tire a vehicle. For a 2018 game you would expect more destructible objects given the genre. Nope.
-Characters are not memorable, very one dimensional and flat. The whole cult thing is cringey and caricatured. Why they show bible quotes on the load screen is some kind of mystery -do they want to somehow make connection between the cult and Christianity? Ham-fisting propaganda that somehow anyone who quote the bible is a fucking lunatic cultist? Story is banal and boring as hell, recently i've started skipping cutscenes because the drivel is just hard to endure. I don't fucking care about this cult and these police officers that were left, there's absolutely no connection in the game between player character and them, beside the opening cutscene.
-The setting and story is unbelievable, in FC3 it was kind of plauisble that a narcobaron would roam on his micronesian island carefree, same for some shithole third world nepal-alike country in FC4. But in FC5 its not believable that an army of cultist would roam free even for five minutes, before national guard would obliterate them.
-missions don't follow any coherent route that push the plot, it's just "go there, do some unrelated shit, then jump somewhere else, do some other unrelated shit", like WTF is happening now, out of the blue, im doing some mundane and unimportant shit that is somehow a main plot mission xD
-There are less clashes on the island then in predecessors, and the place feel more lethargic, with occasional traders or captives going on a vehicle. If there's a resistance, then im sure i can't see them in action.
-less crafting options, its just mindless skinning of animals to grind the funds. It's fun for the first 15 minutes, and then become a chore.
-graphics looks the same as in FC4
-the place-Montana is not really an interesting location for far cry franchise...
-retarded immersion breaking kidnappings that force you to do same obstacle course EVERY GODDAMN TIME!
-scopes are a joke, so do sniper rifles. Bow is the answer to all your problems...

Overall i rate this game 4+/10, if you have nothing else to do beside doing house chores or study for an exam, and you really don't have other game at your disposal, then this can be mediocre escapist/procrastination tool. Otherwise don't even bother. It's a strange feeling that a small bohemian studio can make a masterpiece like Kingdom Come Deliverance[easily 8+/10 game, would be 9/10 if it wasn't for the ending], that will lure you and make you play overnight, and then you get this popamole shit called Far Cry 5 that cost more, and is just a shit game.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom