Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline RPG Codex's Top 50 cRPGs - Results and Reviews

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
I propose what I think is a fair system where people with longest nicks get the most points to distribute.

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I'm surprised by all the Torchlight hate in your poll, IncendiaryDevice. It's a simplistic, casual Diablo clone, and all in all is pretty unremarkable. It definitely doesn't deserve hatred, however, like a Dungeon Siege or a Risen 2. If anything that didn't show up on your poll deserves hate, it would be an Ultima IX or a Fable before Torchlight.

Atlet

Arcane
Vatnik
felipepepe

Mano, considere fazer um canal no YT para criar matérias e zueiras sobre rpgs. Você é carismático, porra. Você teria muitos fãs. E eu acho que você tem espaço, inclusive, no mercado brasileiro. Abraço sincero e Boa Sorte na caminhada. E ficou muito engraçado esse video que você fez com o Totoró, hahahahahl. Vlw.

Unwanted

Micormic

Unwanted
When's next poll?

I got half way through one last year but had to abandon it when Fallout 2 scored higher than Fallout 1 combined with edgelords who've never played Hordes of the Underdark bombing its score because they're still buthurt over the NWN OC after over 15 years.

Or maybe it's because HOTU wasn't good either? You seem to really enjoy these mediocre dungeon crawlers and bitch about anyone else who doesn't lol.

PorkBarrellGuy

I'm surprised by all the Torchlight hate in your poll, IncendiaryDevice. It's a simplistic, casual Diablo clone, and all in all is pretty unremarkable. It definitely doesn't deserve hatred, however, like a Dungeon Siege or a Risen 2. If anything that didn't show up on your poll deserves hate, it would be an Ultima IX or a Fable before Torchlight.

That kind of startled me as well. I wouldn't call Torchlight particularly good (kind of boring even for a hack-and-slash ARPG) but it wasn't hateworthy by any means.

Self-Ejected

IncendiaryDevice

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot
When's next poll?

I got half way through one last year but had to abandon it when Fallout 2 scored higher than Fallout 1 combined with edgelords who've never played Hordes of the Underdark bombing its score because they're still buthurt over the NWN OC after over 15 years.

Or maybe it's because HOTU wasn't good either? You seem to really enjoy these mediocre dungeon crawlers and bitch about anyone else who doesn't lol.

Erm… the OC of NWN1 is on the list... literally no-one thinks HotU is worse than the OC, it's just that less people played it because they played the OC and then quit the series... but those people still shat on HotU. But sure, just take the opportunity to shitpost at me, that's what it's all about, right...

Unwanted

Micormic

Unwanted
When's next poll?

Erm… the OC of NWN1 is on the list... literally no-one thinks HotU is worse than the OC, it's just that less people played it because they played the OC and then quit the series... but those people still shat on HotU. But sure, just take the opportunity to shitpost at me, that's what it's all about, right...

I'm shitposting you because every single time I see you posting somewhere it's you crying about something or whining that people don't love mediocre dungeon crawlers.

Self-Ejected

IncendiaryDevice

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot
I'm shitposting you because every single time I see you posting somewhere it's you crying about something or whining that people don't love mediocre dungeon crawlers.

So you're shitposting is just you crying and whining that you somehow think I'm crying and whining about something?

Unwanted

Micormic

Unwanted

So you're shitposting is just you crying and whining that you somehow think I'm crying and whining about something?

If pointing out that HOTU was a pile of shit and IWD is mediocre at best is crying then so be it lol.

Jason Liang

Arcane
We should move all of the "x with rpg elements" and rpg-adjacent games to a seperate poll.

For example:
Diablo
Diablo 2
Pillars of Eternity
Jagged Alliance 2
Star Control 2
Invisible Inc
Assassin's Creed Origins
Alpha Protocol
Nier: Automata
Heroes of Might and Magic III
Crusader Kings 2
King of Dragon Pass
Adventure games like Grim Fandango
SMAC
Frostpunk
Mass Effect
Sengoku Rance
Path of Exile
Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara
Dark Souls
Genghis Khan
Uncharted Waters 2: New Horizons
Sid Meier's Pirates!
Ultimate General: Civil War

Aim1ess

Novice
Damn~ I thought 2019 would make a nice year to restart this shit again.

But Cyberpunk wont make it. FF7 Remake wont make it. It's also doubtful Kingmaker will be released in time~

FF7? WTF was joining this site a mistake? Its a fun game for what it is but its basically just watching movies and random battles.

Also, like the other guy said some sort of system where people who have played more games get more votes somehow would seem to be a good idea on the surface. Gotta find a way to keep all the decline closet popamole newfags like myself down! Tough to do anything in a way that wouldn't be gamed, though.

makchanka

Arbiter
Damn~ I thought 2019 would make a nice year to restart this shit again.

But Cyberpunk wont make it. FF7 Remake wont make it. It's also doubtful Kingmaker will be released in time~

FF7? WTF was joining this site a mistake? Its a fun game for what it is but its basically just watching movies and random battles.

This site is populated by like conspiracy theorists, reactionaries, weebs, manbabies, radical centrists, a couple of tankies maybe, and a Cleve. The reactionaries usually have a sense of humor at least. The conspiracy theorists are fun to laugh at. The Cleve is basically a tiny Donald Trump who made video games great again. The weebs should be purged though. If you can't tolerate any of those it's probably not worth it. You can find opinionated nerds basically anywhere.

Jason Liang

Arcane
We should move all of the "x with rpg elements" and rpg-adjacent games to a seperate poll.

For example:
Pillars of Eternity

WTF am I reading?
Plays just like Gauntlet/ Diablo when you solo. I hear you can now play it with a joystick.

To be serious, if we are going to disenfranchise Diablo and World of Warcraft from our main poll, let's be more clinical about this and move other dubious "rpgs" like Invisible Inc, Jagged Alliance 2, Star Control 2, etc... to a seperate poll as well.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom